Team-BHP - Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/182331-maruti-ciaz-shifts-nexa-dealerships.html)

Thank you to BHPians RavenAvi, BoneCollector and Dr.Naren for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is expected to get its mid-life facelift in April 2017. With the scheduled update, Maruti is reportedly planning to plonk a 1.6-litre diesel and a 1.5-litre petrol engine in the sedan. The company is also expected to shift the Ciaz from its regular dealerships to the NEXA dealership chain. Regular MSIL dealers have reportedly been asked to run through their Ciaz stocks before the facelift's scheduled launch.

The Ciaz has been a widely appreciated product, and with the introduction of the mild-hybrid SHVS technology, it has been giving a tough competition to the Honda City. However, the most common complaints about the Ciaz revolve around its relatively underpowered engine options. The sedan is currently available with a 1.3-litre diesel engine rated at 89 BHP and 200 Nm and a 1.4-litre petrol that churns out 91 BHP and 130 Nm of torque.

In order to overcome this limitation, Maruti appears to be planning to offer a 1.6-litre diesel as an option. This is the same engine that powers the S-Cross DDiS 320. In the crossover, it generates 118 BHP and 320 Nm of torque, while being mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Maruti will likely offer the 1.6-litre unit with a top-end variant, while the lower trim levels will continue to be powered by the 1.3-litre engine.

Meanwhile, the petrol variants might get a new 1.5-litre unit, which will replace the current 1.4-litre engine. This new engine will likely be Suzuki's M15 unit that displaces 1,490cc and churns out around 99 BHP and 133 Nm of torque.

Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-2017marutisuzukiciazfaceliftindia.jpg
Image Source

Any 1.6 litre petrol engine?

Any cruise control?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vharihar (Post 4104789)
Any 1.6 litre petrol engine?

Any cruise control?

Speculated to get a new 1.5L petrol engine- same in the upcoming S Cross (P) too. Cruise control will be available in the DDiS320 variant.

Anticipated Petrol engine spec.
Maruti Ciaz shifts to Nexa dealerships-capture.jpg

So if they actually do put the S-cross engine in the Ciaz, then according to the math, it means the Ciaz will make 107 Bhp/ton power and 291 Nm/Ton torque :Shockked:

Since the current Ciaz is 50 kg lighter than the Verna, it will almost be there with the Verna in the Bhp/ton ratio and not only will it be the new torque king in its segment, it will also have a better torque/ton ratio than cars of the segment above and that too by a whole 50Nm per ton!! That Includes the Jetta and Octavia as well! I see the the enthusiast in me craving to know the outcome.

Maruti Ciaz may be going the Nexa way !!

Folks at Motorbeam believe that the 2017 Ciaz may well be sold through Nexa and not the regular Maruti showrooms when launched.

Article

This is great news and possibly may offer some of the "Premium" bit that S-Cross/Baleno currently have. :thumbs up

Quote:

So if they actually do put the S-cross engine in the Ciaz, then according to the math, it means the Ciaz will make 107 Bhp/ton power and 291 Nm/Ton torque

This may well be for real albeit in a more conservative tune of the 1.6 320DDiS.

If Maruti do decide to go with the current tune available on the S-Cross, this Ciaz will combine the 'Performance of Verna' and 'Utility of City' into one package. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4104790)
Speculated to get a new 1.5L petrol engine- same in the upcoming S Cross (P) too. Cruise control will be available in the DDiS320 variant.

Anticipated Petrol engine spec.
Attachment 1582722

Thanks! And thats a DOHC, as opposed to the SOHC in the City of comparable 1.5 liter engine. Great!

What is DDis320? Thats not a petrol engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vharihar (Post 4104833)
Thanks!

What is DDis320? Thats not a petrol engine?

This is the 1.6MJD as seen in the S Cross (Diesel)

Maruti Ciaz facelift to get bigger engines, shift to Nexa - posts moved to a new thread.

This information is not confirmed. It's a rumor doing rounds within Maruti.

In an attempt to price Ciaz 1.6 competitively, Maruti is considering to plonk SVHS and enjoy tax benefits. I guess Maruti would take a final call post GST implementation. There is no point to introduce SVHS if the tax is uniform.

If the Ciaz does go to Nexa, that's going to piss a lot of Maruti dealers off. The Ciaz sold 6k+ units in Oct '16 and I'd assume commands a decent commission for the dealer.

If the Ciaz goes off from the regular Maruti showrooms, it's going to make the showroom look like the Maruti from before: typical mass market, ''regular'' (read: non-premium). Save for the Brezza of course.

Also, what about the reach. Surely, Nexa has a fraction of the kind of reach Maruti otherwise has across India.

Would make for a pretty confusing Nexa strategy from Maruti-Suzuki!

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4104875)
If the Ciaz does go to Nexa, that's going to piss a lot of Maruti dealers off. The Ciaz sold 6k+ units in Oct '16 and I'd assume commands a decent commission for the dealer.

Only the 1.6MJD Variant of Ciaz is speculated to be retailed through NEXA!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4104875)

Agreed but the current NEXA lineup is sorely missing a sedan. With Baleno and S-Cross the Ciaz will round off the menu nicely.

The higher-powered engines are a welcome move. Need to see how the market reacts to this.

The Ciaz 1.6 is very much in contention and could come with a single variant name as it's speculated to come in just one variant. It will go the Nexa way. I've no idea if Ciaz 1.3 will also go to Nexa. The launches scheduled are Ignis followed by Baleno RS , then most probably S-Cross petrol / Brezza petrol. Ciaz 1.6 will be after these. Nexa will be coming to my city by next year March. What I've been told is that for Brezza service, they'll offer service at Nexa service center also. All this was told by the owner here who also is getting Nexa here. I'm not sure about the authenticity of this news.

If they plan to move Ciaz as a whole to Nexa, doesn't it mean that the new Dzire is a +4m vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 4105023)
If they plan to move Ciaz as a whole to Nexa, doesn't it mean that the new Dzire is a +4m vehicle?

It appears so, considering the spy shots of new D'zire looks to be more than 4m. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uti-dzire.html

The line up as per my guess would be -
Alto 800/K10 - Wagon R - Celerio - Swift - Swift D'zire - Ertiga - Brezza at regular Maruti Suzuki showrooms.

Ignis - Baleno - Baleno RS - Ciaz - S-Cross - Vitara (maybe) at the Nexa showrooms.

The Omni and Eeco may stay with regular dealers or go the commercial way considering new mandatory airbags and other crash norms come into picture next year.