Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 09:05   #46
BHPian

Re: November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Till date, I was thinking Car sales will not get affected by Demonetisation as people pay through Cheques for their cars and there is no cap on this. Only a very few people pay through hard cash.

Can anyone explain how demonetisation affects Car sales?
Old 9th December 2016, 11:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Perception of Toyota is that they are synonym to Quality, but the new gen cars are far from that ( but note this is in comparison to Toyota new and earlier gen cars ). Here is a related thread to this!
Link
They seem to have taken a page from Honda's book. The City's interior plastic and build quality is abysmal. A Grand i10 could easily show my 2014 City (now sold) its place. No wonder the BR-V isn't doing well. Why would someone decide to drop 15 big ones on that (unless they want 7 seats), when the Creta offers a much more sophisticated and upmarket package?

Last edited by DeKay : 9th December 2016 at 11:45.
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 12:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_MoJa View Post
Till date, I was thinking Car sales will not get affected by Demonetisation as people pay through Cheques for their cars and there is no cap on this. Only a very few people pay through hard cash.

The effect is likely indirect and not direct effect. The people who used black money in form of cash to spend on daily needs and white money to buy cars, will now no longer have the cash to spend on daily needs and will have to use the white money for day to day requirements.

The second factor is also the stress and sentiment and uncertainty regarding things. Sentiment is very important for car purchases and people would not feel like buying cars at the moment.

Hence the slowdown in Car sales.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 12:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:

Most of the cars will be bought via finance options, but the loans will be pre-closed within 6 months or a year using "cash" over the counter.
Old 9th December 2016, 13:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Simple, Take car in loan and pay EMI in cash. 95% Indians still use cash heavily in day to day life. That can easily be black right?

Last edited by RaghuVis : 9th December 2016 at 13:42. Reason: oops..did not see others have already replied. Mods please delete mine.
Old 9th December 2016, 20:31   #51
BHPian

A look at the historic trend of the month of November during the period 2011-16.

Manufacturers' Sales Volume, for November, 2011-16:
Name:  Historic Trend  Volume  Nov 1116.png
Views: 4215
Size:  21.6 KB

November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-historic-trend-volume-nov-1116-chart.png

Manufacturers' Volume Market Share, for November, 2011-16:
Name:  Historic Trend  Market Share  Nov 1116.png
Views: 4276
Size:  18.6 KB

November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-historic-trend-market-share-nov-1116-chart.png
jpcoolguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 08:59   #52
BHPian

A look at the Top-25 cars over the years, from 2011-16, for the month of November.

November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-historic-top-25-nov-201416.png

November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-historic-top-25-nov-201113.png
jpcoolguy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 20:04   #53
BHPian

State-wise car sales for the Q1 & Q2 of FY16. South leads the sales over west now. What is really surprising is that the volume from Kerala. Such a small area compared to the bigger states in south, the volume of new car sales in Kerala is something which needs much attention.

Source : http://www.autopunditz.com/news/cars...tistics-india/
Attached Thumbnails
November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-16.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 11:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Well, not necessarily.
Just look at Dzire vs Swift numbers. The Dzire consistently outsells the swift.
Same case in Ameo.
Also, the amaze consistently outsells the Brio (on which it is based on).

Also, we should compare Xcent numbers with Grand I10, not with I20 numbers.
Yes, Etios outsells Liva too.
Old 11th December 2016, 22:00   #55
BHPian

I might be one of those souls who got Fiat to 266 units. I bought a red Punto Pure in November which was manufactured in October 2016 and despatched to the dealership in November 2016.

I can't be a 100% sure I am included in the 266 because the bifurcation for Fiat only states the Abarth, Punto Evo & Avventura twins and the Linea. The previous gen Punto relaunched as the Punto Pure doesn't get an explicit mention.

Oh well, I have seen worse. Being the only buyer of the LML Graptor. I reckon that bike didn't do 266 units in its lifetime forget a single month
rahul4321 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 22:12   #56
BHPian

Massive impact of Demonetization can be seen across manufacturers but as usual the numero uno, Maruti's numbers are unaffected. Would be wrong to read too much to read in to to November numbers as the lack of currency and economic uncertainty would have put off prospective buyers. I would be surprised if numbers improve significantly in December as added to the Demonetization impact is going to be the end of the year impact as well.
Old 11th December 2016, 22:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
A look at the historic trend of the month of November during the period 2011-16.
JP,
My 2 cents.
As these numbers are of primary sale, I think Diwali month also has an impact on the trend.

Year on year, Diwali :

2016 - 30th Oct
2015 - 11th Nov
2014 - 22nd Oct
2013 - 3rd Nov
2012 - 13th Nov
2011 - 26th Oct
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 23:15   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti : Nothing to be said. There was a short period when these guys just wanted to sell the existing models and didn't want to bring anything new to the table. They just went on an offensive (both with products & technology) and just ensured they still LEAD the rest!

Hyundai : Someone who has managed their own followers. Someone who believes in keeping their margins and still making their sales.

TATA : happy to see them @ top # 3, but I'd not read much into it. They got it because Mahindra lost it. However, the future looks bright with their hard work and things can only go north if they stick to their success formula of the Tiago. Hexa & Kite 5 are products which can take TATA places.

Mahindra : Appalled to see almost a 50% decline in MOM sales. What's wrong?! XUV seems weak compared to the pre-facelift sales, may be it's crossed the sweet spot in terms of prices?

Renault : One late entrant who learnt the trick pretty quick. Duster was the trump card for them once and Kwid does it now. Hope they have more cards up their sleeve.

Honda : One manufacturer I loathe now! So disappointed with the off late products that I'd never have their (current) products in my list at all. They thought they can dish out crappy quality stuff and charge a premium for their logo; am happy the market has shown them their place. Honda - we don't mind you charging a premium, but your products should show it. Please go back to your strengths and make products on those lines.

Ford : I hope they understood that the market doesn't seem to think they are "MASS"! Hope they now stick on to their core values and make products in that direction. At least, people like me who think twice to buy a Figo / Aspire, will jump into their bandwagon without a second thought (with the true FTD DNA in those cars).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th December 2016 at 23:24. Reason: Added Ford in the list
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 23:25   #59
YCJ
BHPian

Fiat : They really need to bring in the Tipo/Aegea fast.
The sales figures right now would even put a luxury car brand to shame!
I am really disappointed by the sales figures of the Abarth Punto, I believe majority people shy away not due to the product but due to the brand Fiat's reputation in India and their below average service standards.

Ford : Just don't understand why such good cars, the Figo and the Aspire don't sell well?

Last edited by YCJ : 11th December 2016 at 23:27.
Old 12th December 2016, 12:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Perception of Toyota is that they are synonym to Quality, but the new gen cars are far from that ( but note this is in comparison to Toyota new and earlier gen cars ). Here is a related thread to this!
Link
Problems are being reported -yes, but its still early to label it is as 'perception of Toyota is that they are synonym to Quality'. I am confident that they are still the quality leaders with regards to other products. And we should give them another 6 months to conclude that they failed across the board with the new Innova on quality.
Aside to your comment and not directed to anyone, I dont understand why people have a problem that Toyota has built this perception? They earned it by building the best quality cars since 2004. And its not like other players in the market were stopped from forming this perception. It is now upto Toyota how they want to take this legacy forward.

Last edited by rrsteer : 12th December 2016 at 12:31.
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks