Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 09:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Honda seems to have lost the plot. After the insanely priced Accord, there are rumours that the Civic launch has been postponed to 2018. They're clearly not understanding that their international cars were the ones that got people to take interest. If this continues, the proud feeling that owning a Honda evokes is going to take a hit.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:44   #62
BHPian

Im in market for new car and quite confused when to dive, read all pages of this thread and getting even more confused. I know its quite strange but contendors are creta, tuscon, innova, xuv, city, civic. To be frank after diesel ban sequence and in verge of hybrids , can any one suggest which way to go?I can wait 6-8 months, and there are no jaw dropping discounts as anticipated.

Last edited by west : 13th December 2016 at 09:45.
Old 13th December 2016, 10:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Im in market for new car and quite confused when to dive, read all pages of this thread and getting even more confused. I know its quite strange but contendors are creta, tuscon, innova, xuv, city, civic. To be frank after diesel ban sequence and in verge of hybrids , can any one suggest which way to go?I can wait 6-8 months, and there are no jaw dropping discounts as anticipated.
You are looking for a car that is not in production?
Refreshed Civic is not going to come before MY2018 as per teambhp reports.

From your options, it is clear budget is not a criteria. With that in mind, you need to at least have an idea of what type of car you would want. Start there and see where it takes you.
Old 13th December 2016, 13:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Considering you are looking across segments, it would be better to use the 80-20 rule, i.e. identify how you will use the car 80% of the time. That will help you shortlist cars in the 15-25 lac segment (assuming this from the mentioned cars). Creta vs Crysta / XUV vs Tuscon vs City are all over the place currently.
Old 26th December 2016, 11:24   #65
BHPian

How can one obtain these sales figures? Wanted to compare the Q4 sales of Merc, Benz, Audi and Jaguar's Q4 sale. Just a random research. If anyone can shed some light.
Old 26th December 2016, 15:51   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Exports sustain the drive for global carmakers in India.

November 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-capture.jpg

Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed