Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2016?
Datsun Redi-GO 6 0.24%
Tata Tiago 901 36.76%
Mahindra KUV100 13 0.53%
Volkswagen Ameo 40 1.63%
Mahindra e2o Plus 14 0.57%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 354 14.44%
Honda BR-V 14 0.57%
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 91 3.71%
Hyundai Elantra 29 1.18%
Toyota Innova Crysta 195 7.96%
Hyundai Tucson 29 1.18%
Ford Endeavour 468 19.09%
Skoda Superb 97 3.96%
Toyota Fortuner 68 2.77%
Volkswagen Polo GTI 37 1.51%
BMW X1 24 0.98%
Honda Accord Hybrid 9 0.37%
Audi A4 6 0.24%
Jaguar XE 6 0.24%
Mercedes GLC-Class 8 0.33%
Jaguar XF 6 0.24%
Volvo S90 36 1.47%
Voters: 2451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 21:07   #61
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2016. EDIT: It's the Tata Tiago!

Ford Endeavour for me. The car looks like the way it is supposed to look and yet doesn't compromise on the quality and features. In this era of cost-cutting it is refreshing to see a product that's high on quality and it is affordable too.

Last edited by saleem_k : 7th December 2016 at 21:08.
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 21:17   #62
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta for me.

Initial launch photos and info did say that the car is bigger than the outgoing one. Have seen it couple of times on the road and does look the fact. I like it though. There have been a few issues that I read in the review here, something about misplacement of buttons. But that does not really matter to me for what we get at the price. The ride quality especially, it will always be top notch in it.

I don't know what crazy following Innova has. Right from the beginning when it was priced at around 10 lac and then the price kept on climbing as new variants came by but the sales did not dip. Hats off to Toyota for pulling the rabbit out of the hat yet again!
Old 7th December 2016, 21:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Its Tiago from Tata. Most BHPians have already covered the points which I wanted to say.
There are better products out there like the BR-V, Ameo, Vitara Brezza but none of them have managed to get the manufacturer out of danger (well, to some extent) and instill faith in the brand once again.

On a side note, If Mahindra had improved the quality and range of their four door EV and priced a little less, I would have voted her.
Old 7th December 2016, 21:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Tiago. I feel it's the best car till date the has come from the Tatas. It's one of the most vfm and complete car; available today in the market from the common man's perspective.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 21:25   #65
OSH
BHPian

Voted for the Tata Tiago.

If it does become TBhp's COTY 2016, it will surely help improve Tata's image in the market. Whenever I tell someone to check out a Tata, the same old dialog "Tata ka gaadi kaun lega" comes up, I want to see this mind-set changing, Tata Motors is trying very hard to improve in all aspects and it deserves to be appreciated for the same. The Tiago and Hexa are proof.

Many TBhpians have voted and written really great stuff about the Tiago, I really hope that the general public after reading these posts change their views towards Tata.

Tata keep up the good work, you'll are going great, all the best for Hexa (price it to kill the competition).
Old 7th December 2016, 21:48   #66
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Contenders from my POV - Tiago, Brezza, Endeavour, Superb

All 4 came as a nice pleasant surprise.
Tiago - After original Sierra and Safari, never thought Tatas would come out with a car that would be so visually appealing. Looks very fresh and not a 50th rehash of the Indica moulds.

Brezza - Maruti has always meant boring small cars for me. S-Cross changed that perception a bit, but on the looks and size front, it was still nothing to write home about. Then Brezza.... finally a car from Maruti that genuinely looks good , very contemporary and is a well-rounded overall package (mileage, price, safety, dynamics).

Endeavour - What a transformation this one has been! From a bulky old-school wrestler coming from a village to a suave well-groomed urban body-builder! Loved the latest iteration of the Endeavour. First real contender challenging the undisputed king. Would love to own a Endy one day.

Superb - Just like the Endeavour, never really liked the previous gen Superb. But, the current one is absolutely droolworthy. Design can not get any sharper than this in this segment. Luxury personified. Hope I can afford a Superb one day.

I didn't vote for COTY based on what I will consider buying next. My vote is based on what car and what manufacturer has pushed the envelope and come out with something amazing. Endy and Suberb are more 'evolutionary' from that perspective. Was very tempted to vote for Tiago, but my final vote goes to the Brezza...first car from Maruti that is a head-turner.

Last edited by SDP : 7th December 2016 at 22:08.
SDP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 21:53   #67
BHPian

Been expecting this thread. Thanks.

Voted for Tiago. Reasons below.

1. Realistic pricing. Reviving the hope of owning a real good quality car for the average Indian family at affordable price.
2. Value for money. Curbing the trend of exorbitant pricing of automobiles. A ray of hope in it's own way.
3. Really good quality and good to have factors at the entry level hatchback
4. A company's honest effort to comeback and no compromise on quality
5. Finally, that fantastic audio system!
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 22:45   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I have voted for the Tata Tiago.
Reasons:
1. Departure from that boring egg shell silhouette of the indica
2. First good looking hatchback from Tata
3. Value for Money
4. Overall product quality
5. Fuel efficient engines
6. Tata loyalty, yes, I have a soft corner for Tatas, having owned 5 of them so far.
7. It is a potential game changer for Tata Motors. I have suggested Tiago to a couple of my friends who have bought it and are extremely happy with their choice.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 22:46   #69
BHPian

My vote goes for the mighty Endeavour!
About time we had a true blue American blooded full sized SUV in our market!
The sheer size and physical presence is not only mind boggling but an absolute attention magnet and a head turner on our streets.
Ford has had a pretty well year with the current Endeavour showing better sales than its predecessor.
The beast would have been parked in my parking lot in the Sunset Red shade if only did I have the funds to own this magnificent beast.

Last edited by Skyline_GT : 7th December 2016 at 22:48.
Skyline_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 22:57   #70
BHPian

Tiago is my choice!

The car is a proof of what a struggling manufacturer with passion and a commitment to strike back can do! And what an effort it has been by Tata Motors! Kudos to them!

A fantastic value package, offering best in class features, classy interiors, mind blowing infotainment system, comfy ride quality and lastly, adorable designing. Just can't stop drooling over the headlamps design!

Brezza is just a Swift on steroids. Nothing great offered by MS. Even Ameo is just an extended Polo!
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 23:04   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Tiago!!

It's one of the best cars from Tata stable. My cousin has got Tiago petrol top model. It's around a lakh costlier than Renault Kwid, but worth it. Good fit and finish and loaded with features. I hope the long term reliability would be good.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 7th December 2016 at 23:09.
Old 7th December 2016, 23:06   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Brezza is just a Swift on steroids. Nothing great offered by MS. Even Ameo is just an extended Polo!
I dont think this statement is necessary here. By your logic, Creta is an i20 elite on steroids and an ecosport is a figo on steroids?

Yes, Ameo is an extended polo, so as Dzire is an extended swift and Xcent is an extended Grand i10.

When nothing great is being offered in brezza by Maruti Suzuki, isnt it surprising they are selling 10,000 copies of it every month?

If everyone starts critizising the cars in the list, rather than justifying their choice, I think this thread will end up in chaos.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th December 2016 at 23:12.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 23:15   #73
BHPian

Tough competition but I have voted for the V cross. I feel the tuck is VFM and has given a push to a segment which is finding it hard to please the private buyers.

Next choice would be Tiago followed by Brezza.
Old 7th December 2016, 23:20   #74
Sac
BHPian

Tiago it is. This is the inflexion point for Tata Motors and I believe they will not look back now. In fact I'll stick my neck out and declare Nexon to win the next year's car of the year award.
The other contender was the Mustang, tugs at your childhood fantasies. If only I could save enough to own and maintain one.
Old 7th December 2016, 23:26   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

The homegrown Tata Tiago is emerging as the winner as on date. Its good going for Tata Motors. They have also bagged a major Army order for the Safari Storme to be supplied to the forces.

Can wish Tata Motors well and good going under the new management. Ratan Tata may be again proving lucky for Tata Motors. As an Indian, I would like to see an Indian company topping the sales charts and emerging as the no. 1 or 2 carmaker in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed