Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2016, 19:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford adds driver knee airbag in Aspire. EDIT: Nope, it was a website error

Seems that recently Ford has removed some audio features from the 1.5P AT and added Driver knee airbags.
blackasta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 20:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Seems that recently Ford has removed some audio features from the 1.5P AT and added Driver knee airbags.
Th Old Aspire Titanium (MT & AT) had My Dock Audio. But now, Bluetooth has been omitted from AT. Instead it now has Emergency Assistance.

What the Titanium AT gets now is Side & Curtain Airbags along with 1st in Segment Driver Side Knee Airbag (1st car under 10 lakh).

The Titanium MT continues to offer 2 Airbags.

This is not surprising, with each new year some manufacturers add/delete some equipment from thier cars. Ford has done well to add the required safety features to the AT Variant to compensate the Premium Price.
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 20:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Th Old Aspire Titanium (MT & AT) had My Dock Audio. But now, Bluetooth has been omitted from AT. Instead it now has Emergency Assistance.

What the Titanium AT gets now is Side & Curtain Airbags along with 1st in Segment Driver Side Knee Airbag (1st car under 10 lakh).

The Titanium MT continues to offer 2 Airbags.

This is not surprising, with each new year some manufacturers add/delete some equipment from thier cars. Ford has done well to add the required safety features to the AT Variant to compensate the Premium Price.
The Emergency Assist which comes in the Titanium+ trim requires a phone that needs to be paired to the car's audio system. Emergency calls are made by the system using the bluetooth paired phone.

So it's difficult to imagine that they deleted Bluetooth and added Emergency Assist.
skanchan95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 21:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Quote:

Where did you guys find this information? I checked the website, brochure & even their FB page - couldn't find any update to this effect.
Old 6th December 2016, 21:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The Emergency Assist which comes in the Titanium+ trim requires a phone that needs to be paired to the car's audio system. Emergency calls are made by the system using the bluetooth paired phone.

So it's difficult to imagine that they deleted Bluetooth and added Emergency Assist.
Yes, the Emergency Assist requires Bluetooth Connection but why is Bluetooth missing only on the AT version is a big question. The updated Brochure might give us clear idea as it's lot more simple then the Feature list found on website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Where did you guys find this information? I checked the website, brochure & even their FB page - couldn't find any update to this effect.
I found these changes on the Website itself. The brochure isn't updated yet. These new additions can be found in the Varaint Comparison part of the Aspire microsite.

Ford adds driver knee airbag in Aspire. EDIT: Nope, it was a website error-img_20161206_215209.jpg

Ford adds driver knee airbag in Aspire. EDIT: Nope, it was a website error-img_20161206_215711.jpg

Last edited by CarguyNish : 6th December 2016 at 21:58.
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 22:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the Emergency Assist requires Bluetooth Connection but why is Bluetooth missing only on the AT version is a big question. The updated Brochure might give us clear idea as it's lot more simple then the Feature list found on website.

I found these changes on the Website itself. The brochure isn't updated yet. These new additions can be found in the Varaint Comparison part of the Aspire microsite.
Again, My Key requires the display screen from Titanium+ to set Mykey features.

My guess is that either it's a goofup on Ford's part or they silently introduced a Titanium+ trim in the AT model.
Old 13th December 2016, 10:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
It looks like Ford has silently added ABS and EBD to the trend variants of Figo and Aspire:
Thanks for sharing, this is certainly great news. Ford should have provided this feature since launch

I own TDCi Trend variant, can ABS/EBD be retrofitted at Ford A.S.S for cost? I pose this question for benefit of self and like, Gurus pl enlighten! thanks in advance.
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 14:43   #8
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford adds driver knee airbag in Aspire. EDIT: Nope, it was a website error

Ford adds driver knee airbag in Aspire's Titanium AT variant - posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:49   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

That is an interesting addition. Wonder why only in the AT variant. Should be added in the MT variant also. Assume it will come to the Figo and Ecosport also soon. No reason for not doing it.

Although it is a great move by Ford, seems to be a weird addition in this segment though. If I am not mistaken the only cars up to 25L that have a Knee Airbag are the Innova Crysta and the Endevour and Skoda Octavia in its top variant. Doubt if many cars in the luxury segments also have it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:11   #10
BHPian

While it is an excellent move by Ford, it seems they have deleted ESP+TCS from Aspire AT. So basically it is deletion of those two features and addition of 5 airbags. Now I don't know how well of a trade-off this is. I would have appreciated if they kept ESP+TC too. The Figo AT however continues to get only two airbags but has ESP+TCS.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:24   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
While it is an excellent move by Ford, it seems they have deleted ESP+TCS from Aspire AT. So basically it is deletion of those two features and addition of 5 airbags. Now I don't know how well of a trade-off this is. I would have appreciated if they kept ESP+TC too. The Figo AT however continues to get only two airbags but has ESP+TCS.
Seems strange. Why would they remove ESP+Hill Assist. I assume it would cost them more to remove these features just for the Aspire. The removal of 4 speakers and Bluetooth also makes no sense.

I think it is a mistake in the compare model charts and we need to wait for the site and brochure to get updated properly to get the right picture.

If Ford really thinks they can increase sales by removing ESP, Hill Assist and Bluetooth and adding an extra airbag, they must be living in another parallel universe.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

I checked the brochure this afternoon - still not updated.
Old 13th December 2016, 19:22   #13
BHPian

I think it's more likely to be a blunder from the website team than an actual feature addition from Ford.

When the UK versions (or any other versions around the globe, really) don't show up with a driver's knee airbag, it's wishful thinking to assume that they'd engineer a knee airbag for the Indian market with its stringent safety norms.

I'll believe this when I see a picture or an official confirmation.
d3mon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 20:03   #14
BHPian

I don't get the logic behind why the MT doesn't have the driver knee airbag. Perhaps they think that manual transmission drivers have stronger knees because of working the clutch?
chncar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:01   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Team,

Just heard from Ford. There was an error in updating the website by the global team. Nope, the Aspire doesn't get a knee airbag.

Closing thread.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks