Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 09:05   #151
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
Just got a call from Vinayak Skoda. When I enquired about seeing an edition X in person, they say that all the edition X vehicles are customized at the dealers end ( Roof Rails, Seat Covers, Spoilers, etc.) Is this true? I was under the assumption that the edition X vehicles roll out from the factory itself in its standard form.
What you heard is true for the most part. The roof vinyl, boot spoiler come as accessory from the factory as a kit that needs to be installed by the dealer prior to delivery. However, do note that, unlike the regular rapids, the Monte Carlo aka edition X comes with, flat bottom steering wheel (costs upwards of 65k is what I am told), black interiors and black alloys from the factory itself. The quality of the paint job on the alloys cannot be matched by the dealer. This is not just a sticker job like some other manufacturers resort to. Some amount of cosmetic effort has gone in. I only wish they did something with the engine and GB combo for this edition

I own a Style MPI limited edition in red. This is a MY17 car. Edition x was a little off budget and way too new in the market even to haggle for discounts, else I would have gone for it. I love the black trim on the das and the steering. I have the same 16 inch alloys on my car sans the black paint job. Alloys look great with the black inserts. Need to find someone who can deliver that sort of a finish. This apart, at the dealer level what I managed to get was to get the front grill, ORVM and the boot spoilers painted black.

I hope this helps!
Old 8th February 2018, 09:38   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
What you heard is true for the most part. The roof vinyl, boot spoiler come as accessory from the factory as a kit that needs to be installed by the dealer prior to delivery. However, do note that, unlike the regular rapids, the Monte Carlo aka edition X comes with, flat bottom steering wheel (costs upwards of 65k is what I am told), black interiors and black alloys from the factory itself. The quality of the paint job on the alloys cannot be matched by the dealer. This is not just a sticker job like some other manufacturers resort to. Some amount of cosmetic effort has gone in. I only wish they did something with the engine and GB combo for this edition

I own a Style MPI limited edition in red. This is a MY17 car. Edition x was a little off budget and way too new in the market even to haggle for discounts, else I would have gone for it. I love the black trim on the das and the steering. I have the same 16 inch alloys on my car sans the black paint job. Alloys look great with the black inserts. Need to find someone who can deliver that sort of a finish. This apart, at the dealer level what I managed to get was to get the front grill, ORVM and the boot spoilers painted black.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for the information. Just to be sure that the dealer does not try to pass on a regular rapid as an Edition X, i have asked them that i would only be making the payment after PDI and cross checking the VIN with Skoda. The Skoda customer care sent me an email with Vinayak Sales manager in cc asking me to work with Vinayak to close the deal but I refused citing the recent news about Vinayak having sold a regular Skoda as a Black edition with dealer level changes. Hope that helps to wake up the Skoda team to understand that a bad experience with anyone has a cascading effect on their sales and reputation.
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:48   #153
BHPian

Need a quick piece of advice from the gurus. Tafe Access is offering me the Rapid Edition X with free insurance and Drive Assure but they are not willing to share that as part of the quotation. They are asking me to trust them that they would get it done. Shall I go ahead or ask them to put things in writing, no matter what?
Old 9th February 2018, 14:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need a quick piece of advice from the gurus. Tafe Access is offering me the Rapid Edition X with free insurance and Drive Assure but they are not willing to share that as part of the quotation. They are asking me to trust them that they would get it done. Shall I go ahead or ask them to put things in writing, no matter what?
The dealers never show discounts on original invoice or on the proforma invoice, it is based on the trust factor.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:22   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The dealers never show discounts on original invoice or on the proforma invoice, it is based on the trust factor.
Thanks. I have however asked them to send me an email or a letter of intent on their letter head mentioning the discounts. If things go through, i should have the red coloured Edition X DSG in my garage in 4 weeks.
Old 14th February 2018, 02:06   #156
BHPian

Mirrorlink - While car's on the move?

Hello Guys,

I have been trying to use my HTC M9+ as the mirrorlink source on my ICE for the Skoda Rapid TDI DSG LE. It works well when the car's stationary however as soon as the car starts rolling the options get disabled.

Any way to get around this? Coz else it is pretty much useless for me as a feature.
Old 16th February 2018, 18:55   #157

Hi All,

Just did a quick PDI of my Rapid Style MY2018 car using the Team BHP checklist and, thankfully, no surprises from Mahavir Skoda. Vehicle was from Jan 2018 with all latest features (read: 4 airbags instead of 2, 16 inches alloys as well as rear view camera). Made the payments after verifying all records and would be taking the delivery on Monday. Must say the experience was nice and Mr Santosh from Jubilee Hills showroom was very cooperative throughout. They threw in some accessories (not sure if its standard for Skoda) along to go with the pre-discussed discounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I have the same 16 inch alloys on my car sans the black paint job. Alloys look great with the black inserts. Need to find someone who can deliver that sort of a finish.
Hi Endless.... - Even I loved those black alloys from the Edition X and tried checking with the dealer if there is anyway they can arrange one for my car (even at some extra cost). He said he will try but didn't look very hopeful since these are assembled/managed at the factory itself and not sure if they can be ordered separately on demand. For my car the alloys are exactly the same as Edition X save for the glossy black finish at some portions. Please let me know if you were able to get any external vendor for this or in case of any other suggestions. Thanks!
Old 17th February 2018, 22:47   #158
BHPian

Does the 2018 version come with navigation system built in the head unit?
Also how much tire pressure do you guys maintain? The sticker on fuel lid mentions too high pressures.
Old 19th February 2018, 09:25   #159
BHPian

I have finally booked a Red Rapid Edition X through Tafe Access, Bangalore. Vinayak Cars did send me a slightly better quote but i declined stating the team Bhp post about Suhas manjunath. I told them that they have lost my trust due to the issues that Suhas had to face due to their unethical tactics.

The TAFE team assured me delivery by 10th March, 2018 . The booking receipt showed Rapid DSG 2018 LE. Not sure if this refers to the X edition but I wrote back to Tafe and Skoda Customer care clarifying my purchase intent for the X edition. Skoda CC gave me a call promptly and reconfirmed my choice.

Now the wait begins for a call from the SA for the pre registration inspection. I have paid a booking amount of 10,000 and made it clear that I wont pay anything more until I see the car in person and complete the PDI. Any specific things that I should watch out for ?
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 13:33   #160
BHPian

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
I have finally booked a Red Rapid Edition X through Tafe Access, Bangalore. Vinayak Cars did send me a slightly better quote but i declined stating the team Bhp post about Suhas manjunath. I told them that they have lost my trust due to the issues that Suhas had to face due to their unethical tactics.

Kudos to you sir! I think skoda makes great cars and we get punished due to unethical practises by such dealers
Not booking cars through them will hit them where it hurts the most,specially since they are aware of the reason it is happening,I wonder what defence the salesman had in this particular case
Congratulations on your new acquisition
Wish you many happy long drives!
Cheers
raghav.carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 13:53   #161
BHPian

Quote:

The TAFE team assured me delivery by 10th March, 2018 . The booking receipt showed Rapid DSG 2018 LE. Not sure if this refers to the X edition but I wrote back to Tafe and Skoda Customer care clarifying my purchase intent for the X edition. Skoda CC gave me a call promptly and reconfirmed my choice.

Now the wait begins for a call from the SA for the pre registration inspection. I have paid a booking amount of 10,000 and made it clear that I wont pay anything more until I see the car in person and complete the PDI. Any specific things that I should watch out for ?
Congratulations on the purchase! Red Rapid looks seriously hot !! Do post nice pics once you get the delivery.
Old 19th February 2018, 14:44   #162
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mirrorlink - While car's on the move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmanuk View Post
Hello Guys,

I have been trying to use my HTC M9+ as the mirrorlink source on my ICE for the Skoda Rapid TDI DSG LE. It works well when the car's stationary however as soon as the car starts rolling the options get disabled.

Any way to get around this? Coz else it is pretty much useless for me as a feature.
Try using LG MirrorDrive app on your phone. This app would let you use GMaps on your HU.
Old 20th February 2018, 09:25   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Kudos to you sir! I think skoda makes great cars and we get punished due to unethical practises by such dealers
Not booking cars through them will hit them where it hurts the most,specially since they are aware of the reason it is happening,I wonder what defence the salesman had in this particular case
When i mentioned my reason for not booking through Vinayak Cars http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lar-rapid.html, I was contacted both by Skoda India Customer care and the Vinayak Skoda team and they tried to assure me that it was an one off case and since this is still under investigation, I should not trust any reviews till the judgment comes out. I told them nothing doing and the fact that they need to realize that even a single negative review ( True or otherwise) has an impact on the brand perception of a potential customer. However, I am keeping my fingers crossed now and hoping the i have a good experience with Tafe Skoda.
shubhu3112 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 11:34   #164
BHPian

Quote:
When i mentioned my reason for not booking through Vinayak Cars http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lar-rapid.html, I was contacted both by Skoda India Customer care and the Vinayak Skoda team and they tried to assure me that it was an one off case and since this is still under investigation, I should not trust any reviews till the judgment comes out. I told them nothing doing and the fact that they need to realize that even a single negative review ( True or otherwise) has an impact on the brand perception of a potential customer. However, I am keeping my fingers crossed now and hoping the i have a good experience with Tafe Skoda.
Good that you didn’t change your stand! Skoda should understand and not take the customers for granted !
Old 20th February 2018, 20:54   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from Vinayak Skoda. When I enquired about seeing an edition X in person, they say that all the edition X vehicles are customized at the dealers end ( Roof Rails, Seat Covers, Spoilers, etc.) Is this true? I was under the assumption that the edition X vehicles roll out from the factory itself in its standard form.
I took the X edition Flash red this Feb 2nd in Chennai and yes it's customized at dealer level. However, the car comes with black interiors and painted Alloys from Factory. Seat Cover is plain black, Spoiler and mirrors are painted in glossy black, roof is matt black vinyl, and it's comes with black diffuser.
rashv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed