Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 22:08   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv View Post
I took the X edition Flash red this Feb 2nd in Chennai and yes it's customized at dealer level. However, the car comes with black interiors and painted Alloys from Factory. Seat Cover is plain black, Spoiler and mirrors are painted in glossy black, roof is matt black vinyl, and it's comes with black diffuser.

Also a flat bottom steering wheel...

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 17:49   #167
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Also a flat bottom steering wheel...

Regards
Bharath
Yes, with Flat bottom steering wheel as well. But in the invoice they mentioned as Style Plus not X edition.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-eclt5318.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-nohl4368.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-vsad1283.jpg  

rashv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 18:24   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, with Flat bottom steering wheel as well. But in the invoice they mentioned as Style Plus not X edition.
How many air bags are provided. The style plus comes with 4 air bags but i am not sure about the x edition. Strange why the invoice does not mention x edition

Also do you have the LED strip as part of the headlight assembly?

Last edited by bharath79 : 21st February 2018 at 18:39.
Old 21st February 2018, 21:00   #169

Quote:
Hi rashv - awesome pics and this car does look like a beast in red and black! That being said, even my invoice mentions the model as Style Plus though I have taken the 2018 silk blue model and not the edition x one. Also, I see that your car's roof is red - so I am assuming it that the dealer is going to paint it black as suggested by forum members.

Wishing you happy miles in this car ahead!
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:48   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
How many air bags are provided. The style plus comes with 4 air bags but i am not sure about the x edition. Strange why the invoice does not mention x edition

Also do you have the LED strip as part of the headlight assembly?
It has only 2 front Airbags, X edition is not yet registered by Skoda that is what the Sales person told me. If you are referring to LED DRL, Yes it's available.
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:52   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
Hi rashv - awesome pics and this car does look like a beast in red and black! That being said, even my invoice mentions the model as Style Plus though I have taken the 2018 silk blue model and not the edition x one. Also, I see that your car's roof is red - so I am assuming it that the dealer is going to paint it black as suggested by forum members.

Wishing you happy miles in this car ahead!
Thanks, On roof they install Matt Black Vinyl wrap. Somehow I didn't like it so removed as of now.
Old 26th February 2018, 09:40   #172
BHPian

Hello All,

I have finally taken the plunge and booked the Skoda Rapid Edition X in Red colour from Tafe Access, Bangalore. Completed the Pre registration inspection last week and things appeared OK . I have the given the go ahead for the registration and expecting the delivery by the end of the week.

Only grouse was that the car came shod with Goodyear Assurance tyres. I would be changing them to Michelins post delivery. Apart from the tyre change, the list of work( Spends) that i have lined up are :

1. Ceramic Coating using Cquartz Finest from Ultimate Detailerz.
2. 7D mats ordered from Amazon.
3. PPF for the bumpers, Mirror caps and door edges from 3M.
4. Underbody anti rust coating from 3M.

Any other suggestions ?

Attached are a few pics from the inspection day.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20180223_124930.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20180223_124934.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20180223_125004.jpg  

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20180223_132810.jpg  

shubhu3112 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 00:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
1. Ceramic Coating using Cquartz Finest from Ultimate Detailerz.
4. Underbody anti rust coating from 3M.
Hi Shubhu,

How much is the cost of ceramic coating and does it include any other work (paint correction). I wanted to get the same thing done but have postponed this to get a minor dent fixed.

Underbody anti rust coating from 3M

You wont need this and ideally 3M should tell you the same when you ask for it.

Regards.
Old 28th February 2018, 13:21   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Shubhu,

How much is the cost of ceramic coating and does it include any other work (paint correction). I wanted to get the same thing done but have postponed this to get a minor dent fixed.

Underbody anti rust coating from 3M

You wont need this and ideally 3M should tell you the same when you ask for it.

Regards.
I think there are different packages for the ceramic coating starting from around 15K to all the way upto 58K for the rapid. It includes a 22 step process involving paint correction as well. You can get in touch with Ultimate Detailerz for the exact pricing.
shubhu3112 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 10:14   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I have finally taken the plunge and booked the Skoda Rapid Edition X in Red colour from Tafe Access, Bangalore.

Any other suggestions ?

Congrats! She is a beauty! Diesel or petrol? I have a MPI in red. Get used to getting some attention on the road now. I switched to continental mc5 soon after purchase. Side walls are a little to soft but ride quality and grip is awesome! Michelin’s are a good bet as well.
Get the detailing/cermic done before your car wash guy gets his hand on the car. You can save a few swirls in the paint. Call Petes bangalore to see what they quote for ceramic.
About accessories, you may want to consider getting a boot mat. There is one on amazon for about 1k. Either that or Ali express has quite a few options for boot mats, nets and hooks.

While you are at 3m, you may want to check for sunblock films. RE70 or CR70. The latter being a little more expensive. It keeps the heat out without blacking out the windows too much. It also enhances the way the car looks and spares the ac some load

PS: ^its not legal to have sun films even at 70% transparency
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 09:12   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Get the detailing/cermic done before your car wash guy gets his hand on the car. You can save a few swirls in the paint. Call Petes bangalore to see what they quote for ceramic.
About accessories, you may want to consider getting a boot mat. There is one on amazon for about 1k. Either that or Ali express has quite a few options for boot mats, nets and hooks.

While you are at 3m, you may want to check for sunblock films. RE70 or CR70. The latter being a little more expensive. It keeps the heat out without blacking out the windows too much. It also enhances the way the car looks and spares the ac some load
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already completed the Ceramic coating from Ultimate Detailerz. I opted for the 5 year Ultimate package. ll my cars are completely detailed by myself and I have strictly instructed my apartment car wash guys to stay clear. I upgraded to Michelins straight out of the showroom. One question though, How much tyre pressure is recommended? The Skoda guys advised me to maintain 32PSI on all tyres at all load conditions but the manual states a higher pressure of around 38PSI. Any pointers?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th March 2018 at 10:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
shubhu3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 20:27   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already completed the Ceramic coating from Ultimate Detailerz. I opted for the 5 year Ultimate package. ll my cars are completely detailed by myself and I have strictly instructed my apartment car wash guys to stay clear. I upgraded to Michelins straight out of the showroom. One question though, How much tyre pressure is recommended? The Skoda guys advised me to maintain 32PSI on all tyres at all load conditions but the manual states a higher pressure of around 38PSI. Any pointers?
I stick to 32 front and 33 at the rear. If i recollect, the tyre pressure recommendation sticker on the fuel lid of the car says 34 front and 36 at the back. I have a feeling that the set up there was mostly for diesel rapid. At 34 in the front, the steering almost becomes vague.
Old 20th March 2018, 21:39   #178
BHPian

Re: Mirrorlink - While car's on the move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Try using LG MirrorDrive app on your phone. This app would let you use GMaps on your HU.
Hello there!

Tried that on my HTC. The app needs an LG make for it to run. Any other alternatives?
Old 13th June 2018, 17:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Hi Congrats for the new car. May i ask you what sort of a discount you were able to achieve on the OTR price. Am currently looking to go for a Rapid diesel edition X DSG as am not happy about the amaze i have booked for.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks & regards,
Jay
Old 14th June 2018, 01:32   #180
BANNED

Thanks for a great review. This is the only Skoda sedan at the moment, the Octavia and Superb having transformed into hatchbacks with a rear parcel tray lifting up when the boot is opened. Not so this car. Pity it doesn't have the L&K trim - though I suppose the Style plus is close enough. I really wish we had more reviews of petrol engined versions rather than the polluting diesel engined cars that were popular from an ill conceived running cost point of view. Looking forward to more hybrids like the Camry and the Accord - the all electric cars are either way too expensive or completely basic - not enough infrastructure to support them. I will need to replace an Aveo with something similar and this Rapid seems to be one of the best replacements. The City and the Corolla seem to have run the course and levelled out on features versus cost - and both seem to be growing bigger by the day. In 1976 (I think) our family Corolla was a SMALL car - and it was reliable - I'm talking of a time in Papua New Guinea, where Corollas came from Australia (I think). Today both the City and the Corolla have grown.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks