Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2016, 01:18   #46
BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

is the Head Unit on this, RCD 330 plus ? Looks very similar to me.
Old 25th December 2016, 20:32   #47

Seriously an astonishing Facelift (much needed).

I personally liked the front grill and clean side profile. The alloys are simple but neat.

I do not understand why they would drop the lever to move the front seat ahead from the back side. What is the point in removing such a nice feature?

Overall a nice face-lift & Kudos to Skoda.

But I reckon the success would surely include the after sales service of Skoda which they would have to improve in order to get the sales chart on fire. Let's hope for the best.

Thank you for such a nice report & beautiful pictures.
Old 26th December 2016, 09:57   #48
BHPian

Wow, i am drooling. A quick question, i understand that DSG gearbox has reliability issues, but if i chose to buy the manual diesel, how reliable is it? I make long distance trips with family very very often and reliability is of top most priority.

Also, if anyone has driven the ritz diesel and the rapid diesel manual, is rapids clutch harder than Ritz?
Old 26th December 2016, 10:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post

Also, if anyone has driven the ritz diesel and the rapid diesel manual, is rapids clutch harder than Ritz?

I have driven the older Rapid and yes the clutch is on the harder side as with all the VAG diesels. But I feel that it is felt more in stop-go traffic rather than long drives.
Old 26th December 2016, 10:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
A quick question, i understand that DSG gearbox has reliability issues, but if i chose to buy the manual diesel, how reliable is it? I make long distance trips with family very very often and reliability is of top most priority.
Other than the DSG issues, VAG cars have known injector reliability issues. I have read many BHPians mentioning the same. I don't know if they have rectified those issues, but seems unlikely given how DSG issues still persist.
Old 26th December 2016, 16:31   #51
BHPian

Does the DQ200 still throw as many issues as are being discussed?
I have a Fiesta Classic that is just about 2.5 yrs old and I'd think of replacing it with a Rapid diesel AT. The Fiesta is a whole lot under-powered even with the RD chip.

I had test driven the Rapid automatic earlier about 6 months ago and had liked the car then but decided against because of this very reported issue.
Now with the 4 year maintenance program, it might just be one of the good options I may consider in automatics. I had briefly driven the Polo TSI as well and just love the gearbox. All other automatics in this range I found are just junk compared to this gearbox!
Old 26th December 2016, 16:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Now with the 4 year maintenance program, it might just be one of the good options I may consider in automatics.
The 4 year warranty is great. But one more thing is the repair time. I dont know the condition now but it was unreasonably long for Skoda. If you ever have a DSG failure, you maybe looking at a 60 day repair time.
Old 27th December 2016, 08:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That could also have been the DSG's lag you felt. While the 1.5L TDI does have some lag, I don't think it's as bad as you described it ("just not ready to move forward").
I think the recent power bump to 110 bhp, given to the 1.5 TDI has increased the initial turbo lag slightly.
We test drove the Ameo recently and my brother also complained about the same. My Rapid which made 105 bhp didn't have this problem and after the recent remap and retrofit made by SKODA for the emission issue, the lag is non existent.

Last edited by F150 : 27th December 2016 at 08:21.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 21:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Excuse me Gannu, but were you able to check the RPM at 100kmph in the 5th gear? With better 0-100 timings and complaints about turbo lag I was wondering whether there were any changes in the gear ratios.

Quote:
Wow, i am drooling. A quick question, i understand that DSG gearbox has reliability issues, but if i chose to buy the manual diesel, how reliable is it? I make long distance trips with family very very often and reliability is of top most priority.
The manual versions are largely trouble free. There were complaints about fuel injectors in the 2010 to 2013 batches. I have a 2014 pre facelift model and have not faced any major issues. Its done 45k and we're very happy
The only things to look out for are
1) Brake rotors: They develop cementite very quickly for some reason and produce judders during hard high speed braking. High quality after market replacemts include OE Brembos.

2) Suspension: The shock absorbers are the low quality ones produced in India by Gabriel.They are absolutely comfort oriented and bounce,dive etc. They fail quite early too! They can be replaced with the specifications of the initial batch of Vento's from vendors such as TRW, Monroe, FKG, Sachs etc. Bilsteins are the ultimate but comes at a price.
After the upgrade, members have reported better ride and handling characteristics.