Team-BHP - 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/182745-2016-skoda-rapid-facelift-close-look-8.html)

Hi,

Has anyone checked price of these new alloys (clubber) from Skoda dealer. I believe these would fit in Vento/Polo.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-skodaclubber1.jpg

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-skodaclubber2.jpg

Regards.

Yesterday in the evening, I was in the Vishal Skodas checking out the New Rapid. Quite hospitable showroom.
The New Rapid TDI-MT with 16" Clubber Alloys is 13.98L OTR here. AT is 15.25L. This includes the 1% TCS, I suppose.
They are taking Rs.10500 for an accessory pack that includes mobile charger, mud-flaps, floor mats, window shields for rear and leather seat cover. Even if you take the top-end model, this pack remains the same! So, no discount for not requiring the leather seat cover.
Handling and Logistics is a clean Rs.20000/-.
The OTR price mentioned above includes all these, except zero dep insurance differential.
I am yet to take a test-drive. The one with the Clubber Alloys has a better stance.
Vip.

I am planning to buy rapid diesel dsg style plus but before finalising would request fellow bhpian to share inputs on the following pls.

Currently i own Punto 1.3mjd emotion pk which is loaded with features and i want my next car to have atleast these features.

Generally there are so many features that auto companies dont highlight and discovered by end users, hence seeking inputs.

1: Is the dsg issue sorted out in the new model. Existing users pls confirm.
2: pls confirm what all hidden features can be activated through Vagcom in Rapid or it is totally not possible to do so.
3: Does Rapid MID indicates 'light bulb' failures
4: passenger airbag off option
5: MID notification of low brake fluid, gear oil
6: any other information that you can share

Members have posted lots of details on vento but the same are not available for rapid hence seek clarity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 (Post 4234448)

1: Is the dsg issue sorted out in the new model. Existing users pls confirm.
2: pls confirm what all hidden features can be activated through Vagcom in Rapid or it is totally not possible to do so.
3: Does Rapid MID indicates 'light bulb' failures
4: passenger airbag off option
5: MID notification of low brake fluid, gear oil
6: any other information that you can share

Members have posted lots of details on vento but the same are not available for rapid hence seek clarity.

Can answer a few as I too was looking at the Rapid as the next buy and researched the DSG issues.

1) I think once they changed the transmission oil grade the issues had gone down. But still best to the take the extended warranty of 4 years.
3) I don't think any MID indicated light bulb failure unless they are the like of the Beemers.
4) Airbag off is a switch, just like a child lock.
5) There is a fluid warning in the console but it ain't going to give you a gear oil indication.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 4234794)
Can answer a few as I too was looking at the Rapid as the next buy and researched the DSG issues.

1) I think once they changed the transmission oil grade the issues had gone down. But still best to the take the extended warranty of 4 years.
3) I don't think any MID indicated light bulb failure unless they are the like of the Beemers.
4) Airbag off is a switch, just like a child lock.
5) There is a fluid warning in the console but it ain't going to give you a gear oil indication.

Thank you Lionell. I am trying to get as much info on the upgrades through various forums and will be posting them shortly after validating them.

We are close to finalising the new Rapid DSG but are waiting for the new Verna before sealing the deal and also because we are purchasing the car from CSD there is a delay as the sales have stopped owing to GST revision across the country. We hope the CSD sales restart by the 28th of August which is when the Verna is also supposed to be launched.

The decision shall be made after comparing both. The City has been ruled out as it does not have a diesel automatic.

The Skoda sales guy told me that only the Style LE Edition has the 16" alloys, Rear Camera and Remote Boot Button. This costs 30k more than the 'Style'.

Did a test drive of the Rapid yesterday and got the dealer quotes from Viraj Skoda (Pune) - only dealers in Pune.

The essence is as follows -
Ex Showroom - 10,24,063
Insurance - 50,273
RTO - 1,29,845
DEPOT CHARGES & Other Charges - 10,000
Drive Assure Elite - 20,122 (Zero Dep)
SKODA MAINTENANCE PACKAGE - 29,999 (4 years 60K maintenance including labour charges)

Spoke to the sales advisor and his senior about the depot charges. They said it includes IMV + Number plate + In transit insurance costs etc which other dealers include in their RTO charges, and Skoda keeps it upfront (transparent). Does this sound correct?

Also, is the Maintenance package worth it?

As for offers - they are giving free insurance (the 50K part) though 10K from that will go into interest rate adjustment (from 8.99% to 7.99% fixed from Skoda Finance).

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulp (Post 4241494)
Any pointers greatly appreciated!

I think the quote is for Style 1.6 MPI. Surprisingly, even carwale OTR shows 10k for Handling/logistic charges. May be you can negotiate and get the 10k written off.

Also, please check for cheaper (if any) insurance quotes on policybazar & others. Tax Collected at Source is another 10k added to the OTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 (Post 4241684)
I think the quote is for Style 1.6 MPI. Surprisingly, even carwale OTR shows 10k for Handling/logistic charges. May be you can negotiate and get the 10k written off.

Also, please check for cheaper (if any) insurance quotes on policybazar & others. Tax Collected at Source is another 10k added to the OTR.

Yes it is 1.6 Style MT. There is TCS as well as you said (I hadn't put in the entire breakup). I am shopping around for insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulp (Post 4241494)
Did a test drive of the Rapid yesterday and got the dealer quotes from Viraj Skoda (Pune) - only dealers in Pune.

The essence is as follows -
Ex Showroom - 10,24,063
Insurance - 50,273
RTO - 1,29,845
DEPOT CHARGES & Other Charges - 10,000
Drive Assure Elite - 20,122 (Zero Dep)
SKODA MAINTENANCE PACKAGE - 29,999 (4 years 60K maintenance including labor charges)

I have a lower quote for the 1.6 Limited Edition which costs 35k more than the Style. Push some more to get the OTR below 10L. by default your OTR also will come down because of the 1% cess that will not be levied if car is <10L. Not sure if cess is limited to Karanataka only, so please validate.

Insurance is roughly around 30k. Also, starting this week, the skoda maintenance package is only INR 9999. Grab it while you can. Further, what the dealership did not tell you is that there is a skoda essential kit :eek:(floor mats, mud flaps and rear window curtains) that will need to be paid for during delivery. Happy motoring:thumbs up

That insurance price of 50k + 20k = 70k for zero dep is ridiculously high. You can get it from elsewhere for nearly half of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless.... (Post 4249313)
Insurance is roughly around 30k. Also, starting this week, the skoda maintenance package is only INR 9999. Grab it while you can. Further, what the dealership did not tell you is that there is a skoda essential kit :eek:(floor mats, mud flaps and rear window curtains) that will need to be paid for during delivery. Happy motoring:thumbs up

Ah well, I got the S-Cross instead. After I got that, the Aug offers and deals with Skoda have become mouth watering but sadly, of no more relevance for me!

Rapid Monte Carlo Edition coming in September - Bookings Open.

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-capture.jpg

Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo,

2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-1.jpg
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-0.jpg
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-20170810050303_interior20copy.jpg
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look-2.jpg

link

Got an email from Skoda India. Fully loaded SKODA Rapid at 7.99. Anyone has more info? New GST prices.