Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 12:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look

This has been a marketing tactic from Skoda India since the very beginning. They quote the base starting price in the ads and mention all the features of the top of the line model. The official new price of the Rapid Style DSG TDI is Rs. 13.06 Lakh Ex-Showroom India. Its almost double of what is quoted in the ad.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
This has been a marketing tactic from Skoda India since the very beginning. They quote the base starting price in the ads and mention all the features of the top of the line model. The official new price of the Rapid Style DSG TDI is Rs. 13.06 Lakh Ex-Showroom India. Its almost double of what is quoted in the ad.
That is correct. I paid Rs15.85 L on road last month (Pune) for my Rapid DSG Style LE.
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:46   #123
BHPian

For folks in Hyderabad,

Style DSG LE is 15.64 lakh with free insurance and maintenance pack.
Style DSG 15.34 lakh with free insurance
Ambition DSG is 13.7 lakh with free insurance. All diesel variants.

The lady I spoke to says there is a DSG active also which is priced at 10.83 lakh after discount. But I dint find this variant on the official website. She also told me that its a new management at mahavir and the service has improved a lot.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:04   #124
BHPian

I have finally bit the bullet. I was in two minds between Hyundai Verna Next Gen and Skoda Rapid. Checked out the Verna at the dealership, they didn't have Diesel Automatic available (They didn't even know when they will get the same). Hence test drove Diesel manual, the car is pretty good and has much improved road manners. But with 6-8 weeks waiting for Verna meant risking with 10% cess hike. Hence went in for Silky Blue Rapid Style LE Diesel AT.

Car is a dream to drive and detailed initial ownership report to follow soon.
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 18:29   #125
BHPian

There's an ad in Delhi times today stating Rapid 2018 with 4 airbags, differential lock, EBD, ESC, etc. I checked the Skoda website but no update was there. Unfortunately didnt take pic of the ad to post it.

Does anyone has info on this ( 4 air bags variant).
Old 11th September 2017, 13:02   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
There's an ad in Delhi times today stating Rapid 2018 with 4 airbags, differential lock, EBD, ESC, etc. I checked the Skoda website but no update was there. Unfortunately didnt take pic of the ad to post it.

Does anyone has info on this ( 4 air bags variant).
Yes, you read it right. The new "Style MY18" variant gets 4 airbags and updated music system (Carplay and Android Auto). Features like EBD, ESP were already available in DSG automatic.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 17:00   #127

I kinda like version of the tail light which are on european Rapids.
And also the 1.2 TSI heart like Ventos.

Any info on getting these soon on Indian Roads.
I tried checking with dealers/ the skoda helpline....no use. I am waiting for them.
Old 12th September 2017, 18:12   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venson View Post
I kinda like version of the tail light which are on european Rapids.
And also the 1.2 TSI heart like Ventos.

Any info on getting these soon on Indian Roads.
I tried checking with dealers/ the skoda helpline....no use. I am waiting for them.
Hi Venson

The European tail light will not come to India. That is because Indian Rapid shares the same platform as Vento. Hence they cannot mimic the European tail.

For 1.2 TSI, it might be the works but nothing has surfaced till yet. It is not in their 2017 plan.
Old 15th December 2017, 00:43   #129

Hi bhpians,
I have an chauffeur driven official MPV as daily driver. Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me. Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs. Long term reliability is greatest concern as want to keep it for 10 yrs. Don't want to take chance with DSG.

Is Rapid petrol ambition AT @ 11.3 lacs OTR is the best choice. Any other suggestions pls?
Old 15th December 2017, 18:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaraf View Post
Hi bhpians,
I have an chauffeur driven official MPV as daily driver. Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me. Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs. Long term reliability is greatest concern as want to keep it for 10 yrs. Don't want to take chance with DSG.

Is Rapid petrol ambition AT @ 11.3 lacs OTR is the best choice. Any other suggestions pls?
Asaraf - Skoda Rapid is not a bad car at all. Especially when it comes to build quality, fit and finish. So it will not be a bad option. You can also look at Hyundai Verna EX (Mid Variant) AT. Just to evaluate as second option if you have not done it already.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 17:54   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaraf View Post
Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs.
Do yourself and this country a favour, use taxi services instead. I understand the temptation, but it's simply not worth it. You will spend more on annual maintenance than actual usage. I've done 35k in 8 years on my fabia, thinking of selling it and switch to Ola.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 15:00   #132
BHPian

Anyone has updates if the Edition X (Formerly Monte Carlo Edition) is being sold by Skoda Inida. The model is not part of the current lineup in the Skoda Website.

I intend to purchase the Edition X but the lack of clarity from the dealers seem to be confusing. Test drove the car and felt that it was worth the money. DSG concerns and ASS reliability is a factor though, but, i have my trusted Figo to keep me company in the event of the Skoda spending its time in the service centres.
Old 19th December 2017, 19:17   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
Anyone has updates if the Edition X (Formerly Monte Carlo Edition) is being sold by Skoda Inida. The model is not part of the current lineup in the Skoda Website.

I intend to purchase the Edition X but the lack of clarity from the dealers seem to be confusing. Test drove the car and felt that it was worth the money. DSG concerns and ASS reliability is a factor though, but, i have my trusted Figo to keep me company in the event of the Skoda spending its time in the service centres.
The Monte-Carlo edition is available. I saw it recently in the 2017-18 Hyderabad Auto Expo some 10-days ago.

This thing looks awesome in red and the all black interiors look great and add to that the sporty aluminium pedals add up to the ambiance of the car. Get this trim in the Rapid if available. It's worth it.
Old 20th December 2017, 09:13   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
The Monte-Carlo edition is available. I saw it recently in the 2017-18 Hyderabad Auto Expo some 10-days ago.

This thing looks awesome in red and the all black interiors look great and add to that the sporty aluminium pedals add up to the ambiance of the car. Get this trim in the Rapid if available. It's worth it.
Thanks for the encouragement. The dealers in Bangalore seem to have very little idea about the Edition X. They are pushing me for the normal rapid and say that they can change the exteriors to match the Monte Carlo Edition. But i am somehow not convinced. For me, i want the Stock Monte Carlo Edition or nothing from Skoda.
Old 20th December 2017, 09:31   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
For me, i want the Stock Monte Carlo Edition or nothing from Skodea.
Suggest you to visit the TAFE, they seem to be quite knowledgeable on the Monte Carlo edition and the edition X as well. TAFE is on St Marks Road and the one in Silk Board Junction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks