Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 12:43   #151
BHPian

Yes the Linea looks an awesome deal for 8L. But I hope it doesn't come with just a 1.3 Diesel & 1.4 Petrol engines. It's a big car and it would be underpowered with these engines.

Honestly I am not a Fiat fan, have never owned one but the Linea looks awesome. Hopefully they will launch by July, I need to upgrade my Baleno - and they would have sorted out the after sales and I will pick-up one!
Old 12th March 2008, 13:05   #152
BHPian

Linea is surely coming to India as we can see from the Fiat website. It is part of the future models for Fiat.

Site does not specify any date of the launch but yes it will surely come.

Fiat :: Futuremodel :: Linea
Old 12th March 2008, 14:08   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Linea is surely coming to India as we can see from the Fiat website. It is part of the future models for Fiat.

Site does not specify any date of the launch but yes it will surely come.

Fiat :: Futuremodel :: Linea
There is no official news about the Launch date of Linea. But i had read somewhere about July'08 launch.
Old 20th March 2008, 00:01   #154
BHPian

Hey All,

Just a news tip from the magazine "What Car?" march issue which says that the Fiat linea will come in India with 1.6L petrol and the 1.9L MJD.... Is this information accurate. All this while I was believing that the 1.3MJD & 1.4L FIRE will be the motor in the boot.
I didn't buy the magazine though, it's on the last page, was just skimming through it in the supermarket!
Old 20th March 2008, 00:06   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
There is no official news about the Launch date of Linea. But i had read somewhere about July'08 launch.
What use even launching man. They can't provide spares and experts to troubleshoot the car in case of even minor problem.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:58   #156
Senior - BHPian

There is an interesting article in AutoCar India April 2008 issue on the ABS and traction control testing that Fiat is undertaking at the Arctic Circle in China. ACI was really impressed with the performance of ABS of Linea in snow. Interestingly, Fiat was using their latest 1.6 JTD with 105 bhp (fixed geometry turbo) engine in the Linea. I am just wondering whether there is a chance that Linea might come to India with that engine option. That would be an ideal option for such a big car, and not that puny 1.3 JTD, horses notwithsatnding.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
There is an interesting article in AutoCar India April 2008 issue on the ABS and traction control testing that Fiat is undertaking at the Arctic Circle in China. .
OT: Ahem.. Since when did they move the Arctic circle to China? Have the Chinese started producing fake continents/land mass as well?

A more plausible explanation is that the "journalist" at ACI skipped his/her geography lessons at school.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:25   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: Ahem.. Since when did they move the Arctic circle to China? Have the Chinese started producing fake continents/land mass as well?

A more plausible explanation is that the "journalist" at ACI skipped his/her geography lessons at school.
I am no good at Geography either, but I remember some board there in the article saying that it is arctic circle. To a math and a physics student like me who fakes to be a computer professional, all circles look circular in nature . But knowing Chinese, I would not be surprised if they cloned the Arctic circle...
Old 25th March 2008, 18:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Hey All,

Just a news tip from the magazine "What Car?" march issue which says that the Fiat linea will come in India with 1.6L petrol and the 1.9L MJD.... Is this information accurate. All this while I was believing that the 1.3MJD & 1.4L FIRE will be the motor in the boot.
I didn't buy the magazine though, it's on the last page, was just skimming through it in the supermarket!
Yesturday I have been to the tata-fiat showroom for the TD of Palio 1.3MJD, though I didnt get the TD, when enquired about the Linea, the sales executive replied it will be comming with 1.6L(more powerfull than the palio, it should be) and 1.9 MJD. She could not give any specific dates though.

Lets hope/wish/dream/pray its true. If the fiat happens to improve their A$$ by then and they launch the 1.9MJD, then thats going to be my dads next car. (provided it has good rear seat unlike octavia)
Old 1st April 2008, 16:13   #160
BHPian

I really like the Linea. Was waiting for a long time for it, but have booked a Cedia last month! I really do hope they do not underpower it.
Old 1st April 2008, 16:34   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post

Part of northern China is very close to the Arctic circle.

Last edited by lurker : 1st April 2008 at 16:42.
Old 1st April 2008, 17:13   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I am no good at Geography either, but I remember some board there in the article saying that it is arctic circle. To a math and a physics student like me who fakes to be a computer professional, all circles look circular in nature . But knowing Chinese, I would not be surprised if they cloned the Arctic circle...
OT: Errr, I read in one of the other magazines where it was mentioned as a passing comment that Indian and Chinese auto journalists were invited to the Arneplog (hope I got the spelling correct) testing grounds in the Arctic circle in Lapland (is that in Sweden ?). The photos are misleading though.

OTT: The best article was by far from BSM with a nice love story thrown in

Last edited by indivic : 1st April 2008 at 17:14. Reason: Sentence didn't make sence oops sense
Old 1st April 2008, 17:51   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
OT: Errr, I read in one of the other magazines where it was mentioned as a passing comment that Indian and Chinese auto journalists were invited to the Arneplog (hope I got the spelling correct) testing grounds in the Arctic circle in Lapland (is that in Sweden ?). The photos are misleading though.

OTT: The best article was by far from BSM with a nice love story thrown in
I agree. This place, whatever the spelling is, is in Sweden, not in China as I had initially mentioned. I do not know how that China name got registered in my mind. I guess ACI mentioned China somewhere in the article.

I read the BSM article and I really loved their style of writing. A lot more human touch added to the snow-slides of Linea and Punto...
Old 1st April 2008, 19:01   #164

The article is available on BSMotoring's website at:

Top Story - Frozen in time - Business Standard Motoring

and yes, it's in Sweden...

- Abhay
Old 1st April 2008, 19:28   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanke View Post
The article is available on BSMotoring's website at:

Top Story - Frozen in time - Business Standard Motoring

and yes, it's in Sweden...

- Abhay
Wow.. Good article there about the Linea in the arctic circle (despite the China confusion ). Even the Grande Punto seems to have taken part.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks