Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 17:14   #361
BHPian

FIAT You hopeless people. Remember you have been testing the new palio stile for year before its launch. I'm not surprised if you launch the Linea next June. That is what your standard is and you will end up killing this master piece which you did with palio
Old 25th September 2008, 18:56   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Apart from waiting and watching, they are also busy planning.
While waiting/watching, they would have never imagined the specs of the ANHC. Now, Fiat cannot sell Linea by just setting a price less than ANHC. They also have to plonk better engines. They could do it if they wanted, because they had in their stables. But were they really doing it? I doubt.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:07   #363
BHPian

Attention FIAT!

All new honda city launched.If Fiat not going to launch linea before diwali they will definitely loose huge number of customers.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:21   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
While waiting/watching, they would have never imagined the specs of the ANHC. Now, Fiat cannot sell Linea by just setting a price less than ANHC. They also have to plonk better engines. They could do it if they wanted, because they had in their stables. But were they really doing it? I doubt.
Either way you look at, Petrol Linea is doomed. It will be underpowered and will be less fuel efficient than the City. They might as well not launch the petrol.

Diesel has a fighting scope - since there's no City Diesel. They can try to fight against the Verna, the current segment leader, if priced well. Again compared to cars in this prices range (Magnum,Verna) it will have a tough time. Unless they pull off a major pricing coup, Linea is done for now.

They waited too long and killed this car even before its launch.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:24   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
All new honda city launched.If Fiat not going to launch linea before diwali they will definitely loose huge number of customers.
And I'm saying that they will still lose even if they launch tomorrow, because all new honda city is so well speced and priced.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:25   #366
BHPian

I think fiat might give all of us a surprise by pricing the Linea diesel variant on par or lesser than new Honda city. I still have not fully lost faith in Linea, though i am starting to loose some after seeing the new honda city specifications. For some reason i think fait was deliberately waiting for the launch of the new honda city so that they could price the Linea better. I plan to wait till Diwali before i decide on buying my new car.

Last edited by sridharp77 : 25th September 2008 at 19:29. Reason: added few more lines
Old 25th September 2008, 20:19   #367
BHPian

They waited too long..
They tried to plan...
But in the end
it doesnt even Matter...
Old 26th September 2008, 10:00   #368
BHPian

Is that the tragic end of Linea even before it makes entry :(
Old 26th September 2008, 11:07   #369
BHPian

little bit of patience will surely help my friends!! just wait and watch fiat is going to be very competitive in terms of pricing as is evident in case of palio.
i believe fiat linea petrol is going to start at 6.5 lacs and diesel at 7 lac onwards.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:36   #370
BHPian

Wake UP Fiat, with all your loose strategies you are again heading your fantastic products to dismal death.

Fiat is again loosing all the hype amongst the people.

Last edited by S_budhiraj : 26th September 2008 at 11:38. Reason: grammar
Old 26th September 2008, 12:11   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
little bit of patience will surely help my friends!! just wait and watch fiat is going to be very competitive in terms of pricing as is evident in case of palio.
i believe fiat linea petrol is going to start at 6.5 lacs and diesel at 7 lac onwards.
They cannot. If they do that they have to position Grande Punto competing with either Vista or Linea itself
Old 26th September 2008, 12:38   #372
BHPian

There is a new link in FIAT India's website , titled CEO Corner, where in you can post some message, which I believe , might go to the attention of if not CEO but some top guy (hopefully)
Why don't we all put our individual message , something like a mass appeal,telling our complaints suggestions regarding FIAT and its much awaited new launches ?

Fiat India
Old 26th September 2008, 14:37   #373
BHPian

In latest Autocar they have mentioned about new Indigo ( Vista derived ) coming in with 90 bhp engine , with similar engines I am not sure where will it leave the pricing of Linea unless thay have Dua Logic
Old 26th September 2008, 15:08   #374
Senior - BHPian

I think Tata's have already started testing the new Indigo. Saw a camoflaged car today with Vista like headlights and a boot !!

oh no.. now will Fiat wait for new Indigo to be launched?
Old 26th September 2008, 17:05   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
They cannot. If they do that they have to position Grande Punto competing with either Vista or Linea itself
well vista qudrajet top model is available for 4.9 lacs ex showroom chandigarh..
Fiat punto as a premium hatchback can easily be slotted between 5 to 6.5 lac range with 1.3 ltr 75 /90 bhp options along with petrol variants.

So no Competition.

new tata indigo with multijet can be slotted with 1.3 ltr /75 bhp diesel and petrol between 5.5 to 7 lacs.(indigo dicor lx is currently being sold at around 5.5 lacs with discounts)

and above 6.5 lacs its going to be linea territory with petrol 1.4 ltr 77 bhp competing aveo's and 1.3 ltr /90 bhp diesel competing fiesta's/verna's.

i mean this is the only probability in terms of pricing i can think of.
with these pricings they can eaily fill upto 8 lac bracket above which honda's and toyota's start.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed