Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 17:43   #406
BHPian

Well at least the constant guessing, rumours and perhaps a few fudged facts have kept this thread alive and even though the shades of desire, intrigue and love may have changed to disgust, anger and even hatred, I am sure each and every one of us are keen on knowing what FIAT India finally does with their Linea.

A Diesel Linea isn’t my interest but if FIAT India can unleash (not launch, unleash) a fully loaded 1.4 16V T-Jet 120bHp petrol variant Linea at around 9 lacs on-road, Mumbai – I am sure all sins will be forgiven . Priced a little above the rest and a little lower than the new City.

I think we should quit banging our heads on the wall over the Linea and just wait out FIAT India's gameplan (be it stupid or otherwise).
Old 30th September 2008, 18:50   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
I doubt indigo will get 90 bhp....it will be 1.3 MJD with 75 Bhp same as that of vista and will be competing against dzire whose top model is close to 7 lacs.
Linea will definitely come up with 1.3 Mjd with 90 Bhp and will be placed a class above for sure.
Yes, even I feel the same!

Indigo (like Dzire) will have the 1.3 MJD 75bhp, whereas Fiat Linea will sport 1.3 MJD 90 bhp!
Old 30th September 2008, 19:49   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yes, even I feel the same!

Indigo (like Dzire) will have the 1.3 MJD 75bhp, whereas Fiat Linea will sport 1.3 MJD 90 bhp!
Well, ACI reports the Indigo will get the VGT and hence a 1.3 - 90bhp MJD.
Old 1st October 2008, 07:03   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Well, ACI reports the Indigo will get the VGT and hence a 1.3 - 90bhp MJD.
I read the article in ACI and it says that the Indigo will have the same 90 bhp engine as the Linea.
Old 1st October 2008, 11:27   #410
BHPian

Now that Tata's have released top end versions of Indigo CS, I think they would phase out the current Indigo. I forsee Indigo based on the Vista to be launched real soon.

From this strategy I presume that Linea would be priced higher around NHC range and Indigo Vista a notch lower.
Old 1st October 2008, 16:24   #411
abk
BHPian

Borrowing the essence from Sidharps' post in a thread (SX4 vs. Honda City) I would called Linea launch in India is more like the Lochness Monster Fiat-India website had the Linea pictures a few days back and have taken them off, yet again! If i remember well (am ageing quite rapidly ) they had them about a few months back as well until they were removed to make way for their 500.
Old 1st October 2008, 18:58   #412
BHPian

The pictures of the Linea along with a small write-up still exist on the FIAT India Website though they are quite insignificant in terms of quality and size.

Seems that they are still living in the realms of their grossly over priced FIAT 500 and Bravo.

Bottom Line – FIAT India’s approach towards launching the Linea has been appalling at best...
Old 2nd October 2008, 10:40   #413
BHPian

Just called fiat call centre number and talked.They told me linea is to be launched in october but due to some reasons it is postponed till november end or december early .
Old 2nd October 2008, 11:11   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
Just called fiat call centre number and talked.They told me linea is to be launched in october but due to some reasons it is postponed till november end or december early .
It just keeps getting better and better now doesn't it... Morons...

Till the folks at FIAT India actually launch the Linea, here is one of the most comprehensive videos on the Linea at You Tube to help satiate or burn our desires. I would have uploaded the video here but it is about 11MB in size.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:25   #415
BHPian

I have sen quite of them being extensively tested for more than 2 months in Pune... Ofcourse they are camouflaged, but one of them stopped to have some tea and asked the tester about the car and hea said is was a new fiat sedan.... The car looks big and daunting a little like the sx4..
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:27   #416
BHPian

Guys seems Fiat is still not learning from its previous experiences.

What they are doing in launch will be done in their services also, delays and delays.

One week back, I did wrote in the CEO column of the Fiat website for Linea, No reply as of yet.

Great what a improvement in services towards customer.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:27   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
That is good new still keeping the hope that a long delay is for a very good change they are making lately.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:48   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That is good new still keeping the hope that a long delay is for a very good change they are making lately.
And what would that be? Do you know that or are you just hoping it to be that way?
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:34   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
And what would that be? Do you know that or are you just hoping it to be that way?
I don't know anything. I'm just hoping that they made some change in engine line up. The hope increased after I read the engine specs of the Brazil Linea and after ANHC surprised everyone. Still dreaming! Anyways, I have made up my mind to wait for Linea launch even if I have to finally buy something else. Yes, I can wait till December or even January. Not a problem (got used to it )
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:50   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I don't know anything. I'm just hoping that they made some change in engine line up. The hope increased after I read the engine specs of the Brazil Linea and after ANHC surprised everyone. Still dreaming! Anyways, I have made up my mind to wait for Linea launch even if I have to finally buy something else. Yes, I can wait till December or even January. Not a problem (got used to it )

I met some guy from the fiat service team at the worksho and they confimred that he launch of th eLinea would be in december/jan.
As far as the engine is onfirmed its the MJD with 90 bhp and 1.4l for the petrol.
they have really deleayed the launch but i feel it would still make sense waiting for the car
Closed Thread

Most Viewed