Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 14:34   #481
BANNED

Fiat Linea for Diwali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Just got a call from the dealership asking me for a 2nd round interview, will do some espionage and find the Specs and launch date ASAP. Wish me luck
Hey cool! Good luck! And do get us some info. I hope it is just like what I had given on the previous page!cheers:
Old 17th October 2008, 14:38   #482
BANNED

Congratulations! Muneem.
Enjoy your time with Fiat.

7.5 to 9.5? Good pricing and matches the competitors. Ain't it?

So, Diwali launch is final. And we now have it from a Fiat official!
Old 17th October 2008, 14:41   #483
BANNED

Hey! A Diwali Launch! Cool! I got the prediction right!

Quote:
Just got a call from the dealership asking me for a 2nd round interview, will do some espionage and find the Specs and launch date ASAP. Wish me luck
Quote:
Every one , Just KILL ME, i got the job they offered a nice package and i took it ,they don't have a clue about the specs of the car. When I asked the sales manager he said it will be a Quadrajet , i felt like killing myself , for god sake it's a Multijet, and the pricing will be in the range of 7.5 to 9.5 it will be launched during Depavali and it will be a soft launch they plan to give cars with 09 manufacturing dates so just a couple of cars will be avilable through the delarship during 08 end currently i am stuck with Palio . So does anyone want a Palio in cochin . Man i am having second thoughts.

Oh.. and they said the Grande Punto and Bravo will also be launched next year after Linea. Lets Keep our Fingers Crossed.
CONGRATULATIONS!! On your job as well as for giving us atleast some news on its soft launch! Oh and that sales manager must have been an idiot (sorry) quadrajet for multijet! Tata made that quadarajet name for the multijet engine!!! So we don't have to wait that long! Fiat Linea in DIWALI! COOL! 2 years of waiting is over! (That is if we have to believe the manager but I have hopes- but it is most believable they will attract attention during festival time!) Lets keep our fingers crossed (without SECOND THOUGHTS)!!
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Your post has been edited since it contained one too many smilies. Team-BHP is viewed by people from all walks of life, and they prefer an uncluttered post protocol. We would much appreciate you restricting the smilie usage to 2 per post.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th October 2008 at 15:49.
Old 17th October 2008, 14:44   #484
Senior - BHPian

Nothing is official till the launch is done in the car world
Congrats for getting the job dude !
Old 17th October 2008, 14:54   #485
BHPian

I am not sure weather the car will be available in the mass market come diwali or end of December , and hey thanks everyone. Last month a friend of mine lost his job in Nippon Toyota for posting the pics of Altis on his orkut Profile two weeks before the car launch, so don't expect anything in that magnitude from me. Will share all that I can share. Never Driven a 1.6 Palio such desires can be made a reality. that all i see.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:52   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Every one , Just KILL ME, i got the job they offered a nice package and i took it ,they don't have a clue about the specs of the car. When I asked the sales manager he said it will be a Quadrajet
Congratulations!! Good. Tatas are going to market Linea saying that it has the same Quadrajet engine that is in Indica Vista

Quote:
Last month a friend of mine lost his job in Nippon Toyota for posting the pics of Altis on his orkut Profile two weeks before the car launch, so don't expect anything in that magnitude from me. Will share all that I can share.
Should I pass on my phone number?

It is getting even more exciting.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:26   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
muneemmk : .. it will be launched during Depavali and it will be a soft launch .. so just a couple of cars will be avilable through the delarship during 08 end .
So it's more of a virtual launch than a soft launch. And it means - DO NOT BUY the Linea till actual production starts. You know how we guys TD cars, right ?

Quote:
autocarcr : Fiat Linea in DIWALI! COOL! 2 years of waiting is over! .. Lets keep our fingers crossed ..
Actually, I'll keep more than my fingers crossed.

You know, @autocarcr .. A Fiat (car) is a like a Beauty Queen. Ravishing, all that you wanted, and Oh-So-Desireable. You just cant take your eyes off her, or stop thinking about her. But before I even take her home to meet my parents, (forget taking her home), I would look at look her antecedants too - more than just her vital stats. Family back-ground and culture account for more than just brownie points.

Hope you get the drift.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:53   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So it's more of a virtual launch than a soft launch. And it means - DO NOT BUY the Linea till actual production starts. You know how we guys TD cars, right ?

Actually, I'll keep more than my fingers crossed.

You know, @autocarcr .. A Fiat (car) is a like a Beauty Queen. Ravishing, all that you wanted, and Oh-So-Desireable. You just cant take your eyes off her, or stop thinking about her. But before I even take her home to meet my parents, (forget taking her home), I would look at look her antecedants too - more than just her vital stats. Family back-ground and culture account for more than just brownie points.

Hope you get the drift.
Extremely well put Condor.

Its like your parents asking.. "Khandaan kaisa hai".

I hope Fiat chaps dont disappoint a huge chunk of potential customers here.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:54   #489
BHPian

Congrats Muneem.

Look forward to reading the first Linea TD (and ofcourse reading other details) from you

All the very best.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:26   #490
BHPian

Congrats Muneem!

BTW,I want one new Palio. But who is going to pick my old one? I too stuck with Palio!!!
Old 17th October 2008, 19:58   #491
BHPian

A reliable source says a soft launch is scheduled for Dec '08 and actual deliveries from Jan next year. Ties in a bit with muneemk saying they intend to sell only '09 manufactured cars.
The delay is cause they're having production issues, plus they're looking to increase localisation.
Old 18th October 2008, 13:32   #492
BHPian

Too many reliable sources I would say. I really doubt if Rajeev, CEO of Fiat India himself knows the month of Linea launch. I don't think that they are keeping the dates secret. They probably just don't know the date.
Old 18th October 2008, 14:58   #493
Senior - BHPian

@muneemmk

Congrats on getting the job. Your have to sell the most difficult car in the C segment and it's not going to be easy. I have been in a similar situation and at times it was brutual. All the best to you!

I expect the Linea to be launched in December with deliveries starting in Jan 09. I don't see how they will soft launch the car in Diwali. It's about a week to go for Diwali and we are not seeing any teasers about a new car anywhere yet!
Old 18th October 2008, 17:33   #494
BHPian

Even I saw the prerana motors showroom in Bangalore that is also wearing a new look with new red FIAT badge..
Old 18th October 2008, 23:53   #495
BHPian

Will not be much of an effort I was selling the Corolla during the model change speculations and even during the Civic Launch. Compared to that I don't think i am in that kind of Dire Straits now. And Even i don't think the Linea is going to be launched next week only thing is the whole showroom is going through a revamp with new logos and all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks