Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2008, 10:54   #496
BANNED

YEP! Linea's on its way!

Hey! Showroomss are getting revamped in every corner! Here in Chennai, V.S.T. Motors on the Mount Road has already got revamped and the Fiat maroon shiny logo overshadows the TATA logo and the showroom inside also is neat with a fiat counter (the whole showroom is in a century old durbar like building). Although there are 4 TATA cars (Indica Vista, Indigo XL, Sumo Grande and Safari VX) and only one FIAT car (Palio Stile multijet) TATA should give more room for Fiat cars too (the Palio Petrol- although it looks almost the same as multijet). Although i was contemplating to myself about Palio being the best car and owing it ingines to the Indica Vista as well as the new Indigo Vista (Elegante inspired but they should have just introduced the elegante in the market straight away) I was wondering wether Fiat Linea will be placed in the centre because there was a space in the centre with a red carpet (gearing up for the launch) although the showroom people deny the october launch and keep insisting on the December/ November launch (as they havn't yet gone for training). So lets see... (are they trying to lie)
Old 19th October 2008, 15:53   #497
BHPian

Linea coming with 1.3MJD is significantly tuned to give around 90bhp with a variable geometry turbocharger
Old 19th October 2008, 16:44   #498
BHPian

a very good source said that the lauch is in jan. so quiet disturbed by that-but thinking otherswise considering the falling economy fiat guys must delaying the launch.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:47   #499
BHPian

again the same story repeats. ppl see some spark, go haywire and again conflicting reports :(
I feel like I should start hating FIAT, so something like that.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:14   #500
BHPian

Initially when I heard that Linea launch in scheduled in mid 2008, I thought I will wait, but they never announced month. That disappoints many so did me. I finally decided to go for Palio again. I am happy with my discussion. If not it would have been a long wait. Even now I am not convinced on their release strategy of Linea.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:16   #501
BANNED

500 Reasons to wait for the Linea!?????

To keep this thread up-to date with the other Linea thread, Fiat Linea is going to release in December 2008 CONFIRMED visit Fiat India its on the home page itself a small animation gif. AND AS THIS IS MY 500 th post and with 50.0 more days to go lets see!!!! Common guys 46000 views of this post more than any other daily post about any other car! Clearly most anticipated car of the year 2008! WILL IT BE ICOTY 2009? Does anybody have the exact launch date? What about muneem? Keep up this thread guys 50 days more

------------------------------------- 500 th POST -------------------

ADITYA

Last edited by Aditya : 24th October 2008 at 12:48.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:38   #502
BHPian

Those Morons Hired me saying that the Linea is coming in Diwali , now they want me to sell Palio for the time being. And whats wore there are rumors running around about the Palio going to stop production.Life is tougher than i expected.I am even having seconds thoughts about staying. If I quit from this Dealership, boy will you guys have stuff to hear(THE UNTOLD TRUTHS AT A TATA DEALERSHIP). No neither me nor my Teamleader or my Product Head have any clue to the official launch date. If anything is confirmed Teambhp will be the first to know.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:41   #503
Senior - BHPian

Don't know about the ICOTY but the Linea will get two other awards:

IMDCOTY: India's most discussed car of the year (maybe previous year)
IMACOTY: India's most awaited car of the year (maybe previous year, again)
UCOTY: Un-launched car of the year

Please also note that these awards will based only on a sample survey of Team-BHP ians and other groups like PUG, Fiat Club India etc etc. They will not be representative of the opinions or beliefs of the entire country's car buying public.

Sorry couldn't resist that one! And I am not even worried that somebody in Fiat will read this and subject me to anything personal during my service.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:42   #504
Senior - BHPian

Mods its high time we merged this thread with the other one talking of launch dates, so that the combined thread would be the biggest in the history of team bhp!
Old 24th October 2008, 19:18   #505
BANNED

There're atleast 3 threads running on the same topic. Unfortunately, not even one piece of the car discussed here has reached the showrooms.
Sad!

Now that we have some tentative dates, we should pray together to make it happen. What say?
Old 24th October 2008, 19:26   #506
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is a dream which never ends. Goes on and on and on. so carry on the debate!
Old 24th October 2008, 23:04   #507
BHPian

Every Dream Must END.

FIAT is ending our dreams and waking us with the launch of Linea in December.

Dreams Over My Friend.
Its Reality (FIAT LINEA to be Launched)
Lets just hope they get it right in every which way possible.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:52   #508
BANNED

December?
It was supposed to be soft launched in November. Ain't it?

Is this an unending dream? Something like those nightmares where we just wish that it could end as soon as possible but enjoy it at the same time?
Old 25th October 2008, 07:51   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
muneemmk : .. now they want me to sell Palio for the time being. And whats wore there are rumors running around about the Palio going to stop production.
Selling the Palio for 2 months should be ok I guess. You cant the sell the Palio for long - the end was expected, as seen from the no-competiton clause between Tata & Fiat. The recent price drops for the Palio seems to only strengthen this. (The 1.6 may continue, but dont see economies for them in keeping a single model of the range alive).

Surprising that they dont have a clue, or they are not telling you. Dealers in tier-1 cities atleast have finished their technical trainings earlier this month. (Atleast the key people in these dealerships - trainings for mechanics could be in progress). And as discussed earlier, Fiat India's website is displaying the "Coming Dec-2008" msg.
Old 25th October 2008, 09:10   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Unfortunately, not even one piece of the car discussed here has reached the showrooms.
Sad!
When the car will be launched only in Dec, how can you expect the car to be in showroom now (2 months earlier)?
Quote:
Now that we have some tentative dates, we should pray together to make it happen. What say?
If Fiat has confirmed the December launch, the car will be launched in Dec, we need not speculate further!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed