Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 12:42   #646
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your concern Steer.

But, I can't help it, sometimes I just can't take the crap posted here occasionally!

Last edited by finneyp : 18th November 2008 at 12:43.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:51   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The MJD comes with a variable geometric turbo, puts out 90.5 PS and is supposedly very very silent. This is going to be a hot seller if FiAT India gets it's game right.
I hope they market the car properly unlike the jerky manner in which they advertise the Palio. Hopefully, since the Linea (and the GP) are make or break cars for them and Tata are in charge of marketing, we will see a proper, focussed marketing campaign this time.

Quote:
Petrol is the 1.4 ltr Fire engine. Naturally aspirated and puts out 94.5 PS.
That's a pleasant surprise. ACI, in it's latest issue, still reports that petrol will be 77bhp. I hope it's the 94.5ps version that you speak of that will come here.

I hope Fiat and Tata get it right this time. Fiat has two unsuccessfull cars to learn from. It's all going to boil down to marketing, price, VFM and good service and spares back up.

PS: I hope Fiat have already started working on the T-Jet and 1.6MJD for the Linea and GP.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:57   #648
BHPian

Hi Guys, Sunday evening I followed one Lenia from Bopodi to Kadaki, it was on test. I did not overtook the car and was watching it all the time from side and behind. I havent had chance to look the front cause I disappointed with some of the factors while following her from side.
1. Very-very-very low ground clearance.
2. Interior is not so attractive, it was ok.
3. Suspension were too soft with one driver inside. How the suspension with low ground clearance will act when fully loaded.
4. Boot was looking like totaly out of sink with the car, it was very huge (from outer).

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 18th November 2008 at 12:59.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:46   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
1. Very-very-very low ground clearance.
3. Suspension were too soft with one driver inside. How the suspension with low ground clearance will act when fully loaded.
Quote:

The wheelbase is bigger than the Corolla I assume. It's in the range of 2600+/-!!
Now I am worried, or rather happy to have some company for my civic
Old 18th November 2008, 15:41   #650
BANNED

Suspension?

Quote:
Front suspension setup is McPherson struts.
Rear setup is semi independent.
That's all I know.

But the ride comfort is supposedly very very good. It will put many other cars to shame, I'm told.

According to me, the car isn't a bad looker.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:55   #651
Senior - BHPian

Who had expected this day to come ,Zak to give info on a Fiat launch ( No offence ). Anyways thanks for sharing it buddy. Till now everything sounds good about Linea. Lets see how Fiat prices & most importantly market it.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:00   #652
Senior - BHPian

I still feel the car will be launched in December. November 23 is just 4 days away yet there is no change on Fiat's website which is still flashing a December launch.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:02   #653
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Who had expected this day to come ,Zak to give info on a Fiat launch ( No offence ). Anyways thanks for sharing it buddy.

I had some genuine information and I had to share it here buddy (especially to keep all the FiAT fans happy).
You're most welcome.

I heard somewhere that there's a staff training going on for LineA. It's near Mumbai/Pune. So all the Bhpians from these area, keep your eyes open!
Old 18th November 2008, 17:19   #654
Senior - BHPian

Oh people in Pune keep spotting two disguised Lineas
Old 18th November 2008, 17:29   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Front suspension setup is McPherson struts.
Rear setup is semi independent.
That's all I know.

But the ride comfort is supposedly very very good. It will put many other cars to shame, I'm told.

According to me, the car isn't a bad looker.
Yes, it should be having soft ride, cause what I saw, on each of the potholes and road ups-downs the car was going like a boat in the water. But what will be the impact with low gc, soft suspension on Indian road (Here I am talking about rear suspension which I observed). I am not saying bad looker, but boot was propotionally very very big. I did not get chance to have a front look.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 18th November 2008 at 17:33.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:46   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it should be having soft ride, cause what I saw, on each of the potholes and road ups-downs the car was going like a boat in the water. But what will be the impact with low gc, soft suspension on Indian road (Here I am talking about rear suspension which I observed). I am not saying bad looker, but boot was propotionally very very big. I did not get chance to have a front look.
Were you able to see if there was some load on the car, I mean like water cans ,out here in Chennai I have seen that both Hyundai and Ford test with a lot of jerry cans filled with some liquid presumably water.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:51   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Were you able to see if there was some load on the car, I mean like water cans ,out here in Chennai I have seen that both Hyundai and Ford test with a lot of jerry cans filled with some liquid presumably water.
I have no idea if they have put any such thing inside boot.
Old 18th November 2008, 17:52   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont we all know how it looks from millions of photos all around!!! I mean it might be new to India but it is already launched in other countries isint it?
Or do we think Fiat will do some exterior modifications for India?
Old 18th November 2008, 17:55   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Or do we think Fiat will do some exterior modifications for India?
Impossible! That will take them another one year to launch the car.
Old 18th November 2008, 18:03   #660
BANNED

Regarding the launch, it will happen only after the first half of December, 2008.
Well, it's understandable. If the rumour mills are true, the staff training is just taking place. Then, the cars will have to be sent to all the states and dealers for their perusal and individual training. Then some days in preparation and BANG!

I'm sure FiAT will stick to 2008 this time at least.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks