Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 18:44   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I'm sure FiAT will stick to 2008 this time at least.
Oh well there goes the latest date of Nov 23.

Why dont we just stop talking about this and open the thread after they actually get around to launching it?
Old 18th November 2008, 18:54   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
To be fair, all the possible launch dates (and features, variants and engine options!) including the Nov 23 one were through 'sources.' The official line is a December launch and Fiat launched the Stile and Stile MJD right on the dates mentioned so this time round, we can confidently trust Fiat with the December launch timeframe.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:53   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
To be fair, all the possible launch dates (and features, variants and engine options!) including the Nov 23 one were through 'sources.' The official line is a December launch and Fiat launched the Stile and Stile MJD right on the dates mentioned so this time round, we can confidently trust Fiat with the December launch timeframe.
Correct. I also feel so. And it sounds logical too. Launch in December 2nd half – deliveries by Jan with 2009 models only.
Old 18th November 2008, 21:16   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why dont we just stop talking about this and open the thread after they actually get around to launching it?
Amen!

There is more gossip about this car/Fiat than Bollywood couples.
Old 18th November 2008, 21:40   #665
BHPian

With all the gossip/scoops/sources etc etc. the car better be good. Else Fiat will have a tough time selling it. It has generated a sort of hysteria no car has in recent memory. Look forward to the launch. Amen!
Old 19th November 2008, 01:38   #666
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely agreed. I think with all the high expectations that we seem to be having with this car, even minor mismatch on expectations may not be taken lightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Amen!

There is more gossip about this car/Fiat than Bollywood couples.
It is never ending and seems to be going on and on. Its probably time to relax our anxiety.

Last edited by nishant_kingpin : 19th November 2008 at 01:40.
Old 19th November 2008, 01:58   #667
BANNED

Ground clearance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
But what will be the impact with low gc
Ground clearance is 165 mm!
And this is not my assumption. :swearing smilie
Old 19th November 2008, 08:41   #668
Senior - BHPian

Remember that the Octavia has a GC of just 135mm. Whether or not a car beaches on "speed breakers" (I call 'em mountains) depends on the suspension setup and wheelbase as well.

We'll know how well the Linea holds up in Bangalore roads depending on how it's suspension is I guess.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:45   #669
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore has some of the worst speed breakers in India I guess. In fact, there are speed breakers even on the highways in Karnataka. I was so used to them until I went on a week's trip to Tamil Nadu and Kerala during Jan time frame. I could not remember crossing any speed breaker on the highway during my entire journey. The moment we encountered speed breakers on the roads, I knew we had entered Karnataka.

I guess Fiat should test Linea in Bangalore before launching it in India. Palio with a short wheelbase and 5mm more ground clearance than Linea bottoms on a few speed breakers in Bangalore. I shudder to think how Linea can cope with this, unless it has a terribly stiff suspension, which I doubt very much.

I am not blaming the manufacturers, but the designers of the roads for this. But, I guess there is nothing much we can do to get the good roads we deserve. If only the manufacturers can account for bad roads to an extent, it will be wonderful.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:25   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Ok guys!

The spare parts problems which FiAT India faces in Palio is a truth and I myself and many people I know is going thru this every month. There'll always be exceptions in every case.
We completely agree with scarcity of spares from FIAT. But claiming palio parts go now and then is a lose statement. I think you should provide all the required proofs to claim that. On top of all this, this thread is not about Palio and its spares. Please restrain yourself to Linea and its specs.

-BSR
Old 19th November 2008, 11:36   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Bangalore has some of the worst speed breakers in India I guess. In fact, there are speed breakers even on the highways in Karnataka. I was so used to them until I went on a week's trip to Tamil Nadu and Kerala during Jan time frame. I could not remember crossing any speed breaker on the highway during my entire journey. The moment we encountered speed breakers on the roads, I knew we had entered Karnataka.

I guess Fiat should test Linea in Bangalore before launching it in India. Palio with a short wheelbase and 5mm more ground clearance than Linea bottoms on a few speed breakers in Bangalore. I shudder to think how Linea can cope with this, unless it has a terribly stiff suspension, which I doubt very much.

I am not blaming the manufacturers, but the designers of the roads for this. But, I guess there is nothing much we can do to get the good roads we deserve. If only the manufacturers can account for bad roads to an extent, it will be wonderful.
The Marthahalli outerring road has some of the worst. My M800 sufferred the most in these stretches.
Old 19th November 2008, 13:05   #672
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Steeroid & others. There is still no official communication about the launch of Linea & we have already speculated more that we should have.

Please PM the support team for opening the thread when there is an official release about the launch of Linea.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed