Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 14:08   #436
BHPian

Seems like people are so frustrated by the absurd approach to the Linea launch by FIAT India that ever so often on every Linea thread on this Website there is someone who wants the thread discountinued.

Wake up FIAT, wake up before it is too late...
Old 4th October 2008, 14:29   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
mods i seriously think this thread has reached its logical end.
Now thats what I call height of frustration
Fiat =

I think I'm going for Fiesta soon. They are after me like crazy and even increased their cash discount from 20K to 30K (for TDCi SXI) and some 8K worth of accessories free as corporate discount. Now thats some handsome discount. What say people?
Old 4th October 2008, 15:56   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
mods i seriously think this thread has reached its logical end. we can open a new thread once linea is launched and continue all discussions about it whenever it is launched! otherwise its only speculation on a car that is yet to make it to the market!
Fully agree!

This thread was started in Oct 2006 - 2 full years of speculation and still we do not have any real info about when and what will be out.
Old 4th October 2008, 16:11   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Karan, I seriously doubt if there would be an SX4 Diesel launch this year. I have followed the thread here - looks to me more of wishful thinking.
Well i meant since Fiat has waited for ANHC launch they will also wait for the SX4 launch .

Yup i think we should close the thread for the meantime.
Old 4th October 2008, 18:31   #440
BANNED

30 pages and 2 years of speculations!
That should be a brilliant award material.

Fiat has already lost half the game due to the launch of ANHC. Now if they're waiting for the SX4 diesel to be on roads, well! Game over!!
Let's put an RIP on this for now.
Old 4th October 2008, 18:48   #441
BHPian

yeah instead of launching the 500 they should have launched linea and got some critical sales in - we've been for quite some time - lets hope they do something about it before later than too late
Old 11th October 2008, 16:28   #442
BANNED

Fiat Linea "Watchout! ITs Here!"

Hi this is my first post! If you all guys don't mind me saying in most of the 30 pages someone has been bickering about service of Fiat in India or how Linea is underpowered and how they are not releasing the car and I also say that I totally agree, but you must give Fiat its due to postpone their laumch although they are doing a bit too much. And here is the news Fiat showroom said that (Manipal Motors) Fiat Linea will release on November 6th - November 15th. I dont think you can count on them but what the heck. And for those people (including me) who want to b ANHC hear is a comparisn b/w the two:

Quick comparison:
X-not available 0-available |- seperation between Linea and City features under same category

Linea City

Sensors (Darkness, Parking, Rain) 0/0/0 | X/X/X

Colour options
More | Less

Power 70PS/90PS (Petrol) | 114 PS (Petrol)

Looks Slightly less stance | Arrow Shot

Service Tolerable, Cheap | Superb, Costly
Interiors Beige, Auto air-con | Beige, air-con
Features (Xtra) Blue and Me/6 CD changer | X/USB song reader no CD

Mileage (Petrol) <

Continued:

Linea Honda City
Mileage (Petrol) 17/22 kmpl (City/Highway) | 15/19 kmpl (est)

Space(Interior/Boot) Slightly more/500l | Slightly less/506l

Indicators on Dash Board Digital/flashy/Blue and me steering controls | Digital,too bright, steering controls/ AT version available

Safety (6 airbags/ ABS/ EBD/ESP/immobiliser/load limiter) 0/0/0/0/0/X | 0/0/0/0/0/0

Value for money (Emotion Variant) 4.5/5 | (1.3 MT Manual) 4/5
Price est. 8.9-9.1 lac onroad | 9.44 lac onroad

VERDICT
If Linea's price and date of launch is near and precise, it will be a slightly better car in terms price, way better in terms of build- its worth waiting for. An SX4 at 7.5lacs (ex-showroom) fully loaded can be an alternative- hope linea comes soon!!!! Anyone has news- share it quickly! Thanks!

P.S. If anybody has pictures of right hand drive, variants and colours (I saw them somewhere but dont remember where) PLEASE POST THEM AGAIN!!!!!!

</SPAN>
Old 13th October 2008, 12:37   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
And for those people (including me) who want to b ANHC hear is a comparisn b/w the two:

Linea City

Sensors (Darkness, Parking, Rain) 0/0/0 | X/X/X

Features (Xtra) Blue and Me/6 CD changer | X/USB song reader no CD

Mileage (Petrol) <

Linea Honda City
Mileage (Petrol) 17/22 kmpl (City/Highway) | 15/19 kmpl (est)

Safety (6 airbags/ ABS/ EBD/ESP/immobiliser/load limiter) 0/0/0/0/0/X | 0/0/0/0/0/0

Value for money (Emotion Variant) 4.5/5 | (1.3 MT Manual) 4/5
Price est. 8.9-9.1 lac onroad | 9.44 lac onroad
Where did you get these details about the Linea from? Did the dealer tell you all this? Auto Headlights (Darkness sensor), Parking and rain sensors, 6 Airbags(!!), ESP(!!). That's one loaded car. If all this is true then Fiat isn't going to push the envelope but blast it ahead in the C segment. Where did you get the mileage for both Linea and G3HC from? I don't think the Linea petrol will give 17kmpl in city and I don't think it can be more fuel efficient then the G3HC. And the top end variant with all of this at 9.1 lacs, 34K less then G3HC?! By the way, the G3HC doesn't come with 6 airbags, EBD and ESP. Your comparo shows these as avaliable on the HC.

As for the 'superb service' from Honda, have you gone through some of the Honda service threads out here? No denying that Honda service is better then Fiat, but can it be classified as 'Superb'?

Last edited by amit : 13th October 2008 at 12:40.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:53   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

The optimist that I am, I think all that autocarcr has said is possibly true.

EXCEPT :
Quote:
autocarcr : Service Tolerable, Cheap | Superb, Costly
@autocarcr, is there a mix-up here ?
Old 13th October 2008, 13:39   #445
BHPian

Have to agree that the FE ratings seem exaggerated ; they seem to be shooting past even Fiat's official ratings : italiaspeed.com: FIAT LINEA

Quote:
77 bhp 1.4 Fire :
8.2 l/100 km in the urban cycle -> 12.2 kmpl
5.1 l/100 km out of town -> 19.6 kmpl
6.3 l/100 km in the combined cycle -> 15.9 kmpl

90 bhp 1.3 Multijet :
6.5 l/100 km in the urban cycle -> 15.4 kmpl
4.0 l/100 km out of town -> 20 kmpl
4.9 l/100 km in the combined cycle -> 20.4 kmpl
They're keeping mum on the 1.4 T-jet FE ratings, since quite obviously it wont be anything to brag about.

I doubt all those features will be offered either.. if it is, I'm not sure how they'd manage to keep costs low.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:47   #446
BHPian

Whenever someone, who has just registered, posts something very informational, kind of speculative, on any forum, it makes me think that the person could be from the respective manufacturer, trying to divulge information on anonymity. And hope my instincts are true.
Old 13th October 2008, 14:05   #447
Senior - BHPian

I hope the Tata *** can do justice to this beautiful car, well it cant be worser off than the previous showrooms Fiat had (TVS ).

With this car Fiat is aiming at the higher segments and thus customers who expect much higher standards.

But that said buyers are ready to book the ANHC despite the attitude of the Honda showrooms, maybe customers are willing to overlook anything if the product is great!!
Old 13th October 2008, 14:06   #448
Senior - BHPian

Tata *** was supposed to be Tata ***
Old 13th October 2008, 14:08   #449
Senior - BHPian

Tata ***,
Please get it right this time
Old 13th October 2008, 14:11   #450
Team-BHP Support

Some words that might be percieved as foul language are banned on Tbhp and will be displayed as ***. But, we understand what you meant. Cheers !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks