Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 16:50   #631
BHPian

Oh man! This Linea thread has been running successfuly for two years now. Everytime i open it there are twists and turns about specs , launches. This thread has all the ingredients that a bollywood movie can be made on this subject now.
As we are reaching climax (launch) its again being spiced up with whats going to happen? thing regarding engine specs!
Now i love to hate italians because of there silence on this linea and hate myself for still being in love with this car.
I just cant get it off ..first it was palio now linea.
In two years we would have been getting facelifted car if it had been any other manufacturer and here we are not even getting the first one!!
Old 17th November 2008, 17:18   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
1. 75ps multijet!
This engine is supposed to be awesomely Quiet according to them.
I'm afraid "Super Silent!" that was what they said when they launched Palio MJD way back on March 11. And I was shocked when I heard so much noise from that engine (even when compared to Swift Diesel).
Old 17th November 2008, 17:41   #633
BHPian

Still no concrete information and IMO the only way for an correct information can be had only from an insider working for FIAT who has the real guts!
Old 17th November 2008, 17:56   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Still no concrete information and IMO the only way for an correct information can be had only from an insider working for FIAT who has the real guts!
if by guts you mean foolishness, then yes you are right, we need a fool who can risk his job for the sake of giving scoops no offense to anyone but the desperation on this thread is freaking me out, peace to all fiat fans cheers:
Old 17th November 2008, 23:23   #635
BANNED

75 ps multijet is what Fiat people are talking about. Where and when was the confirmation about 90 ps?
I didn't see or hear any 3rd engine option in the discussion I had with the inner circle at FiAT India.

BTW, The car is very solidly built according to them. It will put many cars twice it's price to shame in this department, I'm told.
Hope it's not like the Palio where we had a solidly built car but the parts used to give up every now and then.
Old 18th November 2008, 04:06   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
75 ps multijet is what Fiat people are talking about. Where and when was the confirmation about 90 ps?.
Most of the Fiat people have confirmed it is 90 BHP 1.3 MJD!
And this is the engine ported in Linea launched in other countries!

Quote:
Hope it's not like the Palio where we had a solidly built car but the parts used to give up every now and then.
Atleast in my Palio, none of the parts gave up in the last 4.5 years I owned!
Old 18th November 2008, 10:51   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, The car is very solidly built according to them.
Ahhh!

The Return of the Tank®!

With

Door That Shut With A Reassuring Thud®!
Old 18th November 2008, 10:53   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a pure perception there!

In my experience the Palio(2002) has been more reliable than my Ford Ikon(2004) or my previously owned Maruti Zen(2002)! IMO its a baseless statement!

The Linea in the whole world have been sourced with 90PS spec MJD! Cant really comment on whether its going to be a 75PS or 90PS configuration for India unless the car is launched officially by Fiat! The Linea has been a best kept secret so far!

Thanks Zak anyways for the update
Old 18th November 2008, 11:13   #639
Senior - BHPian

Well, we are down from 120 bhp to 90 bhp to 75 bhp. Looks like the global recession is having its say here too .

But, on a serious note, I remember that Fiat has confirmed the 90 bhp 1.3 JTD for India. It will be sad if they go down to 75 bhp.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:25   #640
BHPian

IMHO, if 120 bhp T-Jet and 120 bhp - MJD are not offered then it is a let down. Think of it, all the other cars in this segment are more powerful.

I hope the petrol version is not some 77 bhp tune. Hope it doesn't feel like the Palio 1.2 ;-)
Old 18th November 2008, 11:49   #641
BANNED

Ok guys!
All prayers answered. It's indeed the 90bhp version making it's way here. It was my mistake I didn't specifically ask for that detail earlier.

The MJD comes with a variable geometric turbo, puts out 90.5 PS and is supposedly very very silent. This is going to be a hot seller if FiAT India gets it's game right.

Petrol is the 1.4 ltr Fire engine. Naturally aspirated and puts out 94.5 PS.

The wheelbase is bigger than the Corolla I assume. It's in the range of 2600+/-!!

The spare parts problems which FiAT India faces in Palio is a truth and I myself and many people I know is going thru this every month. There'll always be exceptions in every case.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:08   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The spare parts problems which FiAT India faces in Palio is a truth and I myself and many people I know is going thru this every month.
Please stop posting blanket statements here!

And what you have said is exception cases, and not faced by majority of Fiat owners!
Old 18th November 2008, 12:10   #643
BHPian

Thanks so much Speedzak for more information. I will not ask the source though What other information do you have? Any automatic version?
Old 18th November 2008, 12:21   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys!
All prayers answered. It's indeed the 90bhp version making it's way here. It was my mistake I didn't specifically ask for that detail earlier.
Thats great news! Now its all left to the pricing from Fiat! Thanks pal!

Quote:
Quote:
Ok guys!
The spare parts problems which FiAT India faces in Palio is a truth and I myself and many people I know is going thru this every month. There'll always be exceptions in every case.
I dont understand the whole idea of your statements here compared to the previous ones.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:22   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Please stop posting blanket statements here!
Watch your Blood Pressure, Finney. We truly feel for your health.

Please check the last few posts you've made on this thread - every sentence in every post ends with an exclamation and your signature features a whole bunch of exclamations too. You really should watch your BP - I wonder if the FIAT guys are as worried about the brand as you are, and they're supposedly PAID for it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks