Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 13:45   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I personally feel the petrol versions (base at least) should start in the Dzire category going all the way to Fiesta Diesel category. This will help Fiat to garner a greater share of the market with its two motors. This is a dream though and a wish that FIAT full fills it.
I don't get the logic. You want a car bigger than Fiesta/SX4 to be priced in DeZire range? Dont you see unrealistic that is?
Old 4th August 2008, 13:55   #287
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
@ tez-no dude the diesel linea's going to be higher than fiesta diesel-petrol may be equal to a fiesta but not diesel-its got a lot of goodies to it. linea's going to be under 10lacs
ohh Linea would be priced competitively but FIAT should market the car well along with the goodies. Else it would be difficult to convince the customer of the price of the car.
Old 4th August 2008, 14:17   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I don't get the logic. You want a car bigger than Fiesta/SX4 to be priced in DeZire range? Dont you see unrealistic that is?
The car is bigger, agreed. The brand is also bigger, but has suffered. If it has to play numbers game, it should start at the top of the line Dzire pricing and go all the way down to the Fiesta range. This is how they will succeed. I don't want to see just a single or 2-3 linea's in a day. I wanna see them in huge numbers. I wan't FIAT to succeed. FYI, the top of the line Dzire VDI retails for 6.91 lakhs.

Dream big, achieve what others thought is not achievable. I am sure FIAT has learnt a few things at cost cutting from TATA (ref- NANO).

Last edited by amtak : 4th August 2008 at 14:18.
Old 4th August 2008, 14:26   #289
Senior - BHPian

As with other Fiat cars launched in India (except CBU models), Fiat will price Linea very competitively!

For Linea, I am expecting a price range of 7 - 8 lakhs!
Old 4th August 2008, 15:31   #290
BHPian

Imo

IMO one should not expect them to price the Linea at Dzire top end level cause Linea is the latest thing thats gonna happen to Indian Automobile market.

The Ride, Quality, size is going to be top notch & if we are expecting all this then IMO it will cost that much too.

Maruti is Maruti & FIAT's linea altogether a different thing that we will have the opportunity to buy & njoy the difference.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:37   #291
Senior - BHPian

Dzire Dimensions in mm (LxWXH): 4160x1690x1530.
Linea Dimensions in mm (LxWxH): 4560x1730x1494.
GP Dimensions in mm (LxWxH): 4030x1687x1490.

Dzire Wheelbase (in mm): 2390mm
Linea Wheelbase (in mm): 2600mm
GP Wheelbase (in mm): 2510mm

If Linea base petrol is priced at Dzire VDi level then how and where will Fiat position the Grande Punto that is more spacious then the Dzire?! IMO, the top end GP MJD will easily fall into Dzire ZDi price point.

EDIT: Can there be so much of difference in dimensions between the GP and Linea or is something wrong somewhere?

Last edited by amit : 4th August 2008 at 16:39.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:49   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Can there be so much of difference in dimensions between the GP and Linea or is something wrong somewhere?
Even though Linea used Grande Punto's platform, Linea was wholly re-designed. In fact, the cars interiors, ergonomics and exteriors were designed first and then engineers had to work with the designers. It is a far cry from a "grande punto with boot".
Old 4th August 2008, 16:52   #293
Senior - BHPian

It ll be tough to predict the price of Linea. I guess there will be three version for Diesel. Will Linea get the 1.6 MJD??? Havent heard much about the 1.6 MJD!! I thought we ll get only the 1.3 MJD 90 BHP.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:52   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

If Linea base petrol is priced at Dzire VDi level then how and where will Fiat position the Grande Punto that is more spacious then the Dzire?! IMO, the top end GP MJD will easily fall into Dzire ZDi price point.

EDIT: Can there be so much of difference in dimensions between the GP and Linea or is something wrong somewhere?
GP base prices to begin where the Dzire base prices start and to go all the way to the Zdi variant. linea base model to start where Dzire VDI stops.

PS: I am just comparing the prices. Maruti is Maruti and Fiat is Fiat. No one is comparing the cars. Dzire is the bang on when we speak of the prices. That's what I am talking about
Old 4th August 2008, 17:08   #295
BHPian

With the launch of the fiat 500, they want to be perceived as a premium brand. So i just cant see them pricing the linea below 9 lacs, it will go upwards more in the corolla category. It will not come cheap in India, trust me. The Palio is able to sell cheaper than the Swift as they have made mostly cosmetic changes to the older car, the wheelbase, frame, dashboard, etc. is basically the same.
All they have done is plonked the 1.3 DDis & tweaked it to suit the vehicle specifications. If you notice in all new cars the trip meter is digital, but it remains the same in the new facelifted palio. I feel the Linea will be totally new platform & will not come cheap as discussed by some in this thread IMO unless they heavily localise the spares.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 4th August 2008 at 17:12.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:49   #296
BHPian

Hey guys,

I was passing by Pandit Auto (Tata-Fiat dealer in Pune) yesterday. I noticed that there is a major showroom revamp going on there..Even the new big Red Fiat logo was displayed along with Tata logo. Earlier it was small blue logo..

So i think they are gearing up big time for Linea launch..I will try and post some showroom pics pretty soon.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:19   #297
BHPian

gr8 news

thats a gr8 news Pankaj

im excited for Linea
Old 4th August 2008, 18:39   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The car is bigger, agreed. The brand is also bigger, but has suffered. If it has to play numbers game, it should start at the top of the line Dzire pricing and go all the way down to the Fiesta range. This is how they will succeed. I don't want to see just a single or 2-3 linea's in a day. I wanna see them in huge numbers. I wan't FIAT to succeed. FYI, the top of the line Dzire VDI retails for 6.91 lakhs.

Dream big, achieve what others thought is not achievable. I am sure FIAT has learnt a few things at cost cutting from TATA (ref- NANO).
If you look the the dimensions of the car - you will see that its similar to Civic/Corolla/Octavia. Its supposed to be a loaded sedan with good set of safety features. By comparing it with Dezire you are just bringing it two classes lower.

And please don't compare it with nano strategy. The level of refinement and quality expected for people who buy such a car would be completely different. I would rather have a good quality car priced competitively that an el cheapo car with bad quality.

There's no harm in dreaming big as long as you are ready for big disappointments too
Old 4th August 2008, 18:42   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
If you look the the dimensions of the car - you will see that its similar to Civic/Corolla/Octavia. Its supposed to be a loaded sedan with good set of safety features. By comparing it with Dezire you are just bringing it two classes lower.
I think the pricing will be more along the lines of the Optra Magnum/Corolla/Cedia. Fiat is probably going to be Tata's premium brand for now.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:54   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I think the pricing will be more along the lines of the Optra Magnum/Corolla/Cedia. Fiat is probably going to be Tata's premium brand for now.
With the 1.3 JTD I dont think Linea can command premium pricing whatever Fiat may like to believe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks