fiat linea finally on fiat india's web site

Fiat India

blue and me coming surely.
Old 28th September 2008, 22:19   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
well vista qudrajet top model is available for 4.9 lacs ex showroom chandigarh..
Fiat punto as a premium hatchback can easily be slotted between 5 to 6.5 lac range with 1.3 ltr 75 /90 bhp options along with petrol variants.

So no Competition.

new tata indigo with multijet can be slotted with 1.3 ltr /75 bhp diesel and petrol between 5.5 to 7 lacs.(indigo dicor lx is currently being sold at around 5.5 lacs with discounts)

and above 6.5 lacs its going to be linea territory with petrol 1.4 ltr 77 bhp competing aveo's and 1.3 ltr /90 bhp diesel competing fiesta's/verna's.

i mean this is the only probability in terms of pricing i can think of.
with these pricings they can eaily fill upto 8 lac bracket above which honda's and toyota's start.
Vista top end you are talking about is without any ABS and airbags. Linea even if priced at 6.5L should have ABS and airbags at the minimum if it should give any value addition to what ANHC gives. So, Vista, Punto, Linea with ABS and Airbags will all be too close and different variants will surely overlap.
Old 28th September 2008, 22:20   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Fiat India

blue and me coming surely.
I guess that had always been there. But they have removed it from the drop down menu list. It used to be there with Bravo.
Old 28th September 2008, 23:58   #379
BHPian

Hmm. Well never seen any mention of Linea on fiat's website till now.
It now says "watchout" about Linea. Surely a sign of the impending launch.

It's only logical that Fiat wanted to wait till ANHC launch. I guess we can forgive them for delaying the launch if they want to beat Honda's price!

Let the pricing wars begin!
Old 29th September 2008, 12:11   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
There is a new link in FIAT India's website , titled CEO Corner, where in you can post some message, which I believe , might go to the attention of if not CEO but some top guy (hopefully)
Don't bother. When you hit submit, the next page displays a message that says "Please enter correct or proper data."
Old 29th September 2008, 12:34   #381
BHPian

I'm able to type in some words in that 'CEO corner' but never did i get any feedback..pathetic fellas
Old 29th September 2008, 13:10   #382
BHPian

I bashed them left and right saying it was not their products which require a image change but their brand, team attitude etc. etc. I was able to submit the message and website even thanked me.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:50   #383
BHPian

ACI Oct-08 issue even mentions that Linea is coming in December. The same issue also mentions that ANHC low end torque is good and the car handles well, much better than the 2nd generation. So, isn't it time to rethink over the dead company? Me, thinking is already done
Old 29th September 2008, 18:01   #384
BHPian

Folks, Does anyone have the latest on the launch and delivery dates for the Linea. I'm getting itchy to go and book the ANHC by paying the booking amount. Had made up my mind to have a new vehicle for my December month long driving vacation.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:02   #385
BHPian

Called the dealer number mentioned on the FIAT website and got a TATA salesperson. He gave the cellphone number of the FIAT salesperson who seems to be in a meeting.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:13   #386
BHPian

Just spoke to another FIAT person and he mentioned that the Linea should launch in Nov max and they expect deliveries to start by either end Nov or the first week of December.
They are expected to launch and petrol and diesel option, and based on my conversation, he indicated that they plan to launch the 1.9 diesel along with the 1.4 diesel and an expected price between 8L to 12L across the variants.
Wonder how much is true or whether it is just sales talk to throw me off track on deciding on my Honda purchase or a genuine comment.
I guess I'll wait on my Honda booking and see what the Linea has to bring, don't want to miss a great car.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:18   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Just spoke to another FIAT person and he mentioned that the Linea should launch in Nov max and they expect deliveries to start by either end Nov or the first week of December.
They are expected to launch and petrol and diesel option, and based on my conversation, he indicated that they plan to launch the 1.9 diesel along with the 1.4 diesel and an expected price between 8L to 12L across the variants.
Wonder how much is true or whether it is just sales talk to throw me off track on deciding on my Honda purchase or a genuine comment.
I guess I'll wait on my Honda booking and see what the Linea has to bring, don't want to miss a great car.
This seems to be ok news but not more than mid november i am really frustrated.And also my dad is continously saying to book ANHC.The only +point oh fiat is the gem diesel engine they have.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:24   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was this someone from Fiat India or someone from a dealership?

Quote:
They are expected to launch and petrol and diesel option, and based on my conversation, he indicated that they plan to launch the 1.9 diesel along with the 1.4 diesel
From what we know, 1.9L diesel is not coming. And it should be 1.3 MJD and not 1.4.

Quote:
and an expected price between 8L to 12L across the variants.
1.9L MJD with 120bhp, 6 speed M/T fully loaded including Blue&Me for 12 Lacs would be bloody awesome! But, I know that's day dreaming.

Quote:
Unless you told him that you are looking to buy the G3HC, how would he know?

Quote:
If you are not in a hurry, it's better to wait. I know it's difficult considering how everyone is going ga ga over the G3HC but have patience. We are already in October. I am sure you can hold off to the temptation for another 6 weeks.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:38   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Was this someone from Fiat India or someone from a dealership?

From what we know, 1.9L diesel is not coming. And it should be 1.3 MJD and not 1.4.

1.9L MJD with 120bhp, 6 speed M/T fully loaded including Blue&Me for 12 Lacs would be bloody awesome! But, I know that's day dreaming.

Unless you told him that you are looking to buy the G3HC, how would he know?

If you are not in a hurry, it's better to wait. I know it's difficult considering how everyone is going ga ga over the G3HC but have patience. We are already in October. I am sure you can hold off to the temptation for another 6 weeks.
Hi Anil, well I don't know how to reply with multi quotes, but here are the responses below.

Yes it was someone from the FIAT dealer. I believe they just returned from a Linea briefing yesterday or today. He did say that the expected price is supposed to be from 8L to 12L, and that they plan the launch of the 1.9 diesel too along with the 1.4 MJD and the petrol engine.

I do know that only the petrol and a 1.4 MJD was planned, so this took me by surprise. But then you can't sell the 1.4MJD for such a large variant of price can you ? A price variant between 8L to 12L is pretty massive and if it's true then it definitely indicates a larger engine capacity too.

Again it may be all ball talk to throw people off track, and yes I did mention that I was considering the ANHC.
Old 29th September 2008, 18:53   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was someone from the FIAT dealer. I believe they just returned from a Linea briefing yesterday or today. He did say that the expected price is supposed to be from 8L to 12L, and that they plan the launch of the 1.9 diesel too along with the 1.4 MJD and the petrol engine.
Wow, let us all hope that this true. 1.9 MJD should be a stonker,hopefully.
Btw, any info on the petrol engine?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks