Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 23:27   #181
BHPian

@ shashanka

Why are you offended by someone else's comments?

I mean it is true that the design is horrible. There's no point in defending it. It's Mahindra's ignorance.

And what is that about TUV owner's club laughing? This thread is for the TUV300 plus right? And Mahindra's lack of effort on designing a decent new car for xylo's replacement is being criticised.
Nothing wrong there.

Looks like you don't like Clarkson, true their show was not entirely
informative on cars, but looking positively - they've shown the good, bad and the ugly of the used car market.
What about the top gear top tips, they come in pretty handy

Take it lightly, it's just the internet.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2017 at 13:41. Reason: Quoted post deleted
glikithvinayaka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 23:46   #182
BHPian

re: The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh

There seems to be some confusion. Most people including me have not said that TUV300 is ugly. TUV300 although looks a bit abrupt in it's side profile but does not comes across as ungainly.

TUV300 plus on the other hand clearly has two distinct styling philosophies merging between front 3/4th and rear 1/4th. A amalgamation of straight lines meeting curvy profile at the rear. Even a simple stretch and keeping the squarish butch philosophy would have looked a lot more cohesive and proportionate.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 2nd November 2017 at 23:56.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 01:30   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If box-office success is the yardstick of a well rounded design - I guess Alto is the most beautiful thing this world has ever seen. Followed by Dzire, WagonR and even Celerio.
Don't forget the Omni! Been in the top 10 for more than a decade now!
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 05:38   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
Thanks for the correction. TUV3oo is a beautiful product in my eyes and hence I own a T8. However the rear of TUV plus is what I found awkward. What I find is that TUV is true blue SUV and does not try to hide from what it is; its boxy and and yes it is. Its bold and challenges to be accepted for what it is. It does not pretend to be something else. With TUV plus the rear and the front design does not gel. Though commercially it might be success particularly in Taxi segment because of practicality.
Hello Monakar,
I think you're spot on when you say that the front & the rear of the TUV Plus don't gel. Unfortunately, when one reads a torrent of repetitive comments (each trying to outdo the other!) on the same topic, one tends to overlook the saner ones (like yours & Rohan24's) in the overload! The effort is (at least mine hopefully is) to present T-Bhp as a forum of mature & sensible enthusiasts.

And congrats on your ride (the T8). Yes it's a no-nonsense SUV & I wish they had offered an AWD option. Also I hope they can sort out the wheel-spin issues reported by quite a few owners (rear wheel articulation & absence of suspension suppleness are supposedly the core issues) instead of offering an MLD, which does not address the real issue.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:13   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Mahindra has done it again with the TUV300 PLUSO; by presenting one more non-cohesive, object of ridicule for the road
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:36   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Unfortunately, when one reads a torrent of repetitive comments (each trying to outdo the other!) on the same topic..
Future tbhp threads should read like
Its a good car
Its a bad car
Its a good looking car
Its a bad looking car.
Its a cheap car.
Its an expensive car.
See its already looking "mature and sensible". And remember no repetition and no sharing of individual opinions if it has been mentioned already. The immature and ignorant enthusiast imposters sharing their opinions arent "mature & sensible enthusiasts". I say we should put this in forum posting rules thread.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:43   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Future tbhp threads should read like....
Too bad - I wish we lived in the kind of Utopian world you have described - good, bad, good-looking, bad-looking et al. Fortunately or otherwise, human nature is more of a smorgasbord. In such an environment, to hear....ugly,ugly,ugly,ugly... That would be fatally boring, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by shashanka : 3rd November 2017 at 08:48.
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:59   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Monakar,
I think you're spot on when you say that the front & the rear of the TUV Plus don't gel. Unfortunately, when one reads a torrent of repetitive comments (each trying to outdo the other!) on the same topic, one tends to overlook the saner ones (like yours & Rohan24's) in the overload! The effort is (at least mine hopefully is) to present T-Bhp as a forum of mature & sensible enthusiasts.

And congrats on your ride (the T8). Yes it's a no-nonsense SUV & I wish they had offered an AWD option. Also I hope they can sort out the wheel-spin issues reported by quite a few owners (rear wheel articulation & absence of suspension suppleness are supposedly the core issues) instead of offering an MLD, which does not address the real issue.
I did face the wheel spin issue. The tank I thought of being capable of any terrain used to stand helpless while trying to get in my parking space. The further insult was when I had to exchange my parking with my neighbour (which did not have an incline) and his wagon R used to swiftly get in without a fuss. However the world changed after I got the MLD installed. Trust me it works like magic; and has definitely helped me regain confidence in my Tank's ability. Now at inclined turns I get brief wheel spin followed by a clank sound with little jerk (indicating the MLD getting applied) and then the Tank simply pulls on. Its fun to feel MLD operating effortlessly and effectively.
monakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:32   #189
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If there can be a quanto and xylo then TUV 300 and TUV 500 existence is logical. Franly the TUV series looks much better than Xylo and team.
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:32   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
Why are you offended by someone else's comments?
I mean it is true that the design is horrible. There's no point in defending it. It's Mahindra's ignorance.
And what is that about TUV owner's club laughing? This thread is for the TUV300 plus right? And Mahindra's lack of effort on designing a decent new car for xylo's replacement is being criticised.
Nothing wrong there.
Looks like you don't like Clarkson, true their show was not entirely
informative on cars, but looking positively - they've shown the good, bad and the ugly of the used car market.
What about the top gear top tips, they come in pretty handy

Take it lightly, it's just the internet.
True that! - And by the same yard-stick, why should one feel offended at someone else's critique of his own criticism!
About Clarkson, the fact is that I enjoyed his Limey humour for quite a while (years actually) till I realized that all of it was barbed (and a fair bit with racist overtones). Rather like Winston Churchill's, whose famed wit was always at someone else's expense! But then he was Churchill, who pulled his nation up by the boot-straps & managed to win the war!
Unfortunately, Clarkson has no such saving grace - just an another member of the British landed gentry, a windbag who survives by his wit alone, with no back-up to speak of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
.....However the world changed after I got the MLD installed. Trust me it works like magic; and has definitely helped me regain confidence in my Tank's ability. Now at inclined turns I get brief wheel spin followed by a clank sound with little jerk (indicating the MLD getting applied) and then the Tank simply pulls on. Its fun to feel MLD operating effortlessly and effectively.
Great to hear that the wheel-spin problem was zeroed by the MLD! Wishing you a long & happy owner-ship experience!

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd November 2017 at 10:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:58   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too bad - I wish we lived in the kind of Utopian world you have described - good, bad, good-looking, bad-looking et al. Fortunately or otherwise, human nature is more of a smorgasbord. In such an environment, to hear....ugly,ugly,ugly,ugly... That would be fatally boring, wouldn't you say?

So you made your point just to counter the boredom? Well done!
If there is an unanimous view in something then it's ok to respect the view even though you do not necessarily agree with it. I think T-BHP encourages everyone's views as long as it does not border on harsh criticism.
And what would be wrong in calling a spade a spade? You can talk about it from an engineer's view or any other, it's a fact that Mahindra has made many cars offlate that do not look cohesive in terms of design. Sure, we all wish someday that Mahindra makes better designs and I think they will.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 13:44   #192
BANNED

Well seems Mahindra is trying to vut its own feet with this stupid designs as any one even out of this Auto design field can design it more fine from fron to rear as it was jusr and extension of body and that to with less than 12 inches. Come on Mahindra wake up or will loose the SUV king market much faster.
Old 3rd November 2017, 17:47   #193
BHPian

I, for one, do like the TUV Plus. I think it is a lot more proportionate at the rear than the original. This does seem to be a version offered to the Taxi fraternity and I am sure this is going to succeed there.

But my only worry if it would get 'indica'ed by Taxis! - Will lose its image as a lifestyle/adventure vehicle and that will affect any chances of this car being launched as a passenger vehicle later on by Mahindra.
Old 3rd November 2017, 21:41   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I, for one, do like the TUV Plus. I think it is a lot more proportionate at the rear than the original. This does seem to be a version offered to the Taxi fraternity and I am sure this is going to succeed there.

But my only worry if it would get 'indica'ed by Taxis! - Will lose its image as a lifestyle/adventure vehicle and that will affect any chances of this car being launched as a passenger vehicle later on by Mahindra.
You mean Innova'ed by taxis. I see more Innova taxis than Indicas. Indica taxis are history. How many Indica taxis do you see today on roads? But, I get your point. And, I like TUV300plus, too. Top-end with cladding, body-coloured bumpers and nice alloys should look good. I hope the car will have bigger wheels and at least an AMT, if not proper AT.
Old 4th November 2017, 12:25   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
I took think it looks ok, and is probably a lower trim version. The higher trim ones, if they exist, should look better. And compared to many other Mahindra vehicles, there may be good amount of space for luggage too.

Last edited by manij : 4th November 2017 at 12:28. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks