Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 02:34   #286
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh

Waiting for a Team BHP review on this. Looks like a proper SUV and a tempting purchase for those who were considering the Safari/Scorpio.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 07:27   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
9 seater!!

This could be the final nail in the coffin for the Xylo, specially if the cabbies show an affinity to this instead.

Cheers,
Vikram
Xylo replacement- yes. But the last bench being side facing just to increase its viability as a people carrier is a downer. True you can stuff more people inside but at the cost of safety.

On other hand the Xylo actually had very comfortable 3rd row front facing seats. Atleast an option could have given on this Tuv 300+
Old 22nd June 2018, 09:47   #288
Senior - BHPian

I was in love with the vehicle when I heard it is launched, but then I realized a few problems:-

1. The base variant is strictly for cabbies, as essential safety features are missing from the list of must haves for private buyers. Mid variant is okay, but the only variant worth buying is the top end.

2. The lack of Forward Facing 3rd Row of seats has lead to safety concerns for the rear passengers, yes it is good if you need to carry more of luggage, but not for more people.

3. At about 20K more, you can get a top end of Renault Lodgy with Cruise Control, Roof Mounted AC Vents for all 3 rows, Reverse Camera display on Infotainment Screen and Removable and Split Folding 3rd Row Forward Facing Seats at the back, which is missing on such an expensive TUV300 Plus. Yes compared to TUV300 Plus it makes less power and torque, but I believe that is longer, higher and has a larger wheelbase compared to TUV300 Plus which is wider. Moreover, the forward facing 3rd row of seats with seat belts for all passengers instills confidence for safety of people at the back. Moreover, 50:50 Split folding rear seats and 60:40 split folding middle seats give you varying luggage carrying capabilities. If I remember correct, when doing Team BHP review of Lodgy, they even removed the seats and put in a Navi inside the Lodgy, which speaks about it's enormous luggage carrying capability when needed as a luggage hauler.

4. If TUV300 Plus has been launched in competition to Lodgy and upcoming Ertiga facelift, then it will be safe to assume that Mahindra U321 will be even more expensive and may be launched to rival Tata Hexa. My friend who worked in Mahindra till recently had told me that U321 will be launched at 10Lacs onward, now it seems like a distant dream. Or Mahindra may have TUV300 Plus and U321 like Nuvosport and TUV300 in the same segments at different yet overlapping price points with their own sets of USPs.

I have a question for those of you who will get to see it in flesh, the Owner's Manual mentions that Static Bending Cornering Lamps are present, like in TUV300. But in the images, the headlamps look like from the lower variants of TUV300 without the Cornering Lamps and with a Chrome Plate covering that area. Can anyone confirm when they go to check out the vehicle? There is no mention of this feature in the Brochure as far as I can remember. I live very far from any Mahindra showroom, and it will take a while before I can myself check it out.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 10:45   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

4. If TUV300 Plus has been launched in competition to Lodgy and upcoming Ertiga facelift, then it will be safe to assume that Mahindra U321 will be even more expensive and may be launched to rival Tata Hexa. My friend who worked in Mahindra till recently had told me that U321 will be launched at 10Lacs onward, now it seems like a distant dream. Or Mahindra may have TUV300 Plus and U321 like Nuvosport and TUV300 in the same segments at different yet overlapping price points with their own sets of USPs.
Mahindra sells quite a lot of vehicle in rural areas. Bolero is the hot seller followed by Scorpio. Given that there are large families in rural areas, TUV300 plus fits perfectly as both Scorpio/Bolero fail here. The U321 will be more urban focused MPV and definitely will overlap with TUV300 plus and Scorpio in terms of pricing.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 21:29   #290
Senior - BHPian

Something makes me think that not so long wheelbase might be the reason for not having front facing seat, I could be totally wrong, but with same wheelbase as an sub 4-meter car, wheel wells might intrude into the 3rd row seats.
Old 23rd June 2018, 22:11   #291
Senior - BHPian

The official video of TUV300 Plus detailing it's USPs is out on youtube now...

Link
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 18:14   #292
Senior - BHPian

So the vehicle in the video shows black cladding around B pillar and actual car doesn't have it even in top variant?
Old 24th June 2018, 20:44   #293
Senior - BHPian

All the official pics and brochure also show the black sash tape on the B-pillars. Haven't seen the P8 version in person to confirm your query.

Though I will agree that it is missing in the product video uploaded here:-

https://indianautosblog.com/2018/06/...-images-307830

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 24th June 2018 at 20:56.
Old 25th June 2018, 16:45   #294
BHPian

I am wondering if Mahindra fixed the poor rear axle articulation as we saw in TUV300. With the same wheel base this may also suffer from the same issue. From the pics the second row middle passenger does not get a head rest and is susceptible to whiplash.
Old 27th June 2018, 14:27   #295
Senior - BHPian

Uploading the Mahindra Genuine Accessories Brochure for TUV300 Plus:-

The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-tuv300-plus-accesssories-ebrochure-page-1.jpg

The Mahindra TUV300 Plus. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 9.70 lakh-tuv300-plus-accesssories-ebrochure-page-2.jpg

O.T. - Came across a very wonderful comparison between TUV300 Plus and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Diesel variants this morning, for those who are confused between the two. Didn't realize that Mahindra has priced the TUV300 Plus so close to variants of Ertiga.

Link:- https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ison-22068.htm

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 27th June 2018 at 14:30.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 14:36   #296
Senior - BHPian

Has someone been able to review this vehicle? Saw some videos on youtube but none from any reputed media house yet.
Old 11th July 2018, 14:53   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this vehicle recently in our colony in white colour. To me, it looked quite proportionate (unlike the TUV300). It looks a lot like the earlier Suzuki Grand Vitara in shape which was sold in India earlier.
It also looked quite spacious in the rear with either a huge boot to swallow luggage or seat upto 9 people!
Old 14th July 2018, 08:47   #298
BHPian

Paid a visit to the Mahindra showroom with a friend. We are 6 foot 2 plus . The driver seat is more comfortable to get into than the Scorpio .Better space management in the front. The vehicle looks good in person.legroom in second row after adjusting for my driver's seat is on the lower side.The Scorpio driver seat feels cramped after sitting in the TUV 300+.

This feels like a modern, more spacious Scorpio.If the underpinnings are the same. Good alternative for those looking at the Scorpio.

Although being a Mahindra,it would be prudent to give this at least a year before all teething problems are resolved.

I can see a large joint family in the Rural area opting for this too.As an upgrade from the Bolero.
drsingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 22:04   #299
BHPian

With bad roads or no roads, the higher ground clearance and bigger wheel/tyre size make more sense. Also, there's the big 2.2L engine, that will be better for tackling overloading and bad terrain.

It is a lot less flashy and lots more capable-looking than a Scorpio. With every redesign, Scorpio gets more city slick and bling. It's starting to look like a movie has-been, who's trying too hard to keep up and has gone overboard with plastic surgery.

The simple looks of the TUV make it more appealing as a no-nonsense workhorse.

I have been seeing a lot of police TUV300s in Trivandrum. The Maharashtra police have also started replacing their Boleros with them. I think this would be well suited for the task. It's more modern than the Bolero, and the Plus version makes even more sense for them. I see a lot of government bulk purchases for these in the future. It makes far more sense than the 2002 vintage Scorpio and the 2000 vintage Bolero (1993 if you count the Armada)
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 14:21   #300
BHPian

I just noticed that TUV 300 plus has less side wall width compared to TUV 300. Tire size of TUV 300 is 215/75 R15 where as TUV 300 plus is 215/70 R 16. This together with higher gross vehicle weight of TUV 300 plus would imply that plus may have worser ride quality than TUV 300 especially when lightly loaded. Considering that TUV 300 ride quality itself is nothing to write home about this would bode badly for TUV 300 plus. Of course i am just speculating. Mahindra may have tweaked the suspension on the TUV 300 plus and the ride may actually be better. Only a test ride would tell.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks