Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 17:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Finally got a quote of below 10L from a dealer. Discount offered is only 10k. The dealers quoting more offered free insurance. Anyways the overall cost with ex-showroom under 10L is coming low.

Dealers refusing to offer anymore discount than 10k. Only mud flaps & mats as complimentary accessories. Tried to push hard but no use.
If I were you, I'd wait.
Buying a FIAT is already a big gamble with such doubts about their future.
On top of that, buying an EOL model manufactured in the previous year at just 60k off doesn't make sense. (Many non EOL models with significantly higher sales get higher discounts for previous year units)

The resale of Linea is already terrible. Once the model is stopped or if FIAT shuts shop, it'd become worse. I personally wouldn't settle for anything less than 1L off in this situation. Just my opinion.

PS I'm assuming the variant in question is T-Jet 125S.

Last edited by theredliner : 20th January 2017 at 17:36.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 21:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Dealers refusing to offer anymore discount than 10k. Only mud flaps & mats as complimentary accessories. Tried to push hard but no use.
Yes. Even I'm shopping around for punto evo diesel top end. I couldn't get more than 20k discount. Final price so far i heard is 9 lacks. That too for 2016 model. SA saying 2017 model price will be increased.
EPMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 14:28   #48
BHPian

I got a update from a dealer that there are feb 16 mfg punto evo 90hp still in stock (the one with 16 inch wheels and all black interiors).
He said that otr price for that is 9.7 and can negotiate to 9. This version doesn't have the touch screen ICE. Is it worth to go for?
If we can fit the new ICE in that old version then, how much we can negotiate for the old stock car?
Old 21st January 2017, 17:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
I got a update from a dealer that there are feb 16 mfg punto evo 90hp still in stock (the one with 16 inch wheels and all black interiors).
He said that otr price for that is 9.7 and can negotiate to 9. This version doesn't have the touch screen ICE. Is it worth to go for?
If we can fit the new ICE in that old version then, how much we can negotiate for the old stock car?
That's almost a year old. I'd nope it and just move on. You never know what condition it was kept in the yard. While the touch-screen can easily be put in, I'd be more worried about the engine / suspension.
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
Yes. Even I'm shopping around for punto evo diesel top end. I couldn't get more than 20k discount. Final price so far i heard is 9 lacks. That too for 2016 model. SA saying 2017 model price will be increased.
Despite negligible discount from the dealer, the OTR price is lowest this time compared to the prices quoted in last 2 months. At the end a low OTR is what that matters the most. If your choice is final then the best time to purchase is now. With GST speculated to hit soon, waiting could be a gamble.

Most Viewed