Team-BHP - Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/183131-fiat-slashes-prices-punto-evo-linea.html)

FCA India has slashed the prices of it's Punto EVO range & the Abarth Punto, and the Linea sedan, by up to 77,000 rupees.

With this move, the whole Fiat lineup now becomes more affordable, with the Linea top variant costing less than 10 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi.

The Punto Evo range sees a price slash between Rs 37,263 - Rs 47,365, while the Linea sedan sees a price adjustment between Rs 29,570 - Rs 77,121.

The Abarth Punto sees a price slash of about Rs 40,000.

Prices of the Avventura utility vehicle was re-adjusted during the festive season of 2016 when the Urban Cross utility vehicle was launched, and they continue to see no change. The Avventura range saw a price slash of Rs 37,678 - Rs 64,609 back then.

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-1.jpg

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-2.jpg

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-evo.jpg

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-urbcr.jpg

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-avvy.jpg

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-ab-pu.jpg

Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!-linea.jpg

Official Website

Official Press Release - pressrelease-fcaindia-170105.pdf

I do not think this would have any big impact on sales. Fiat cars were already being sold with thick discounts. Fiat needs to improve after sales support. Anyways, Fiat enthusiasts would be happy. I hope Fiat provides additional discounts too along with the price cut.

They just made discounts official that were being offered. I got it for even cheaper after haggling. The Evo is fantastic VFM no doubt, Linea is past its prime, but problem still remains the lack of commitment and the "kheecho kheecho" attitude. The abarth cars deserved better numbers but poor attitude towards marketing sank them without a trace.

I think its a good move by Fiat rather than a discount. Since the basic price is slashed, customer will have less tax on the car. So, that's a double benefit to the customer.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Better marketing and better and proactive after sales service makes a customer feel elated. Spare prices should be in the comparable range of the competition. The dealers need to reboot their image.
Price cuts are OK, the discounts were already doled out. The sales will only be marginally improve for the better.
Fiat has to rebuild its image in India with lots of hard work and marketing, if it is serious about reaching out to the car buyer for numbers.

I don't know whether to be happy or cry for this announcement.

I was just shopping around for the available offers to book the urban cross. Yesterday price details from the Aadya motor showroom for Urban Cross Diesel Emotion is 8,35,000 (Ex-Showroom). Still the emotion variant is not updated in website, and no offers announced for Urban Cross.

Like sidindica stated, offers announced for Punto Evo is not that great. Those are already given as discounts, now updated as official prices. Good if that discounts are applicable on these official prices.

Let me check and confirm from the showroom prices in few days.

An OT question. What is the difference between urban cross and aventura?

Is it really news? This price cut. I mean is anyone even bothered?

I have noticed another point. I checked the pricing for various cities in official website. No model is priced above 10 lakhs Ex-showroom in any city. This would further help the customers in many states as the vehicles above 10 lakhs are taxed higher.

FCA seems to be rewriting the :rules: of :deadhorse

Reminds me of what happened with Opel 10 odd years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they just shut shop by the end of the year.

I don't know what is going through their heads. I doubt if they will shut shops early too; they have just launched the Jeep.

But, what they are doing, is not what they are supposed to do. If they need volumes, then better introduce new products, new engines, and try to increase the number of dealers.

The dealerships closing at an alarming rate, is more than enough a reason for me not to consider a Fiat any more.

In Dec 2015, my friend Madhu gave me an opportunity to drive his Punto from Shoja, HP all the way up to Hebbal, KA. We had a time crunch & the car did the entire 2863 Km in less than 39 hours!! Still...I secretly wished he would give me the car & let drive till Chennai :D Such was the awesomeness, such was the thrill, such was the handling & what not? I was (and still) madly in love with that Punto!!

So in Dec 2016, we went to RDC Fiat in Anna Nagar, Chennai to see if the ergo was convenient for my Mother. We were given a surprise of laughter for a lifetime!! The entire showroom has gone missing from that place!! And that's not all...a big hoarding stating Volkswagen (some dealer) coming soon...

Imagine the state of mind!! When I told this to a wise friend of mine, he said, Fiat India is committing suicide, they're still not learning from their mistakes.

A thing to be noted here is, that factually Fiat isn't all too bad when it comes to service and maintenance specially in their key markets of Pune, Bangalore and Kerala as a whole (from what I've heard/seen). I think these 3 locations are the key drivers of whatever little sales they have. The strategy according to me for Fiat is simple, though a bit financially draining but why the hell would they care about money being a group that owns Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Chrysler? They should do the following for the sake of Fiat fans :

- Establish 2-3 good service centres each in Delhi, Mumbai and southern states (I assume 80% of purchases are from south).

- Bring in the Tipo sedan and hatch, immediately.. sell them alongside the Linea and Punto for a year before phasing them out. The key-word here is phase out, fantastic cars but they shouldn't drag them as long as they did the Padmini.

- Bring in the 500 4-door at sub 20L.

- Focus sales entirely on Tipo and Tipo hatch and price them modestly. Two cars are all they need in the sub-10 lakh budget to battle similar range-restricted companies like VW/Skoda and Ford.

As I stated above, these moves are purely for the fans of Fiat who want to see the company carrying on and receiving all their modern products. Fiat itself cares very little about India, I believe they have a perfectly cozy setup in India which includes royalty for using their diesel engine spec and design, sales of a few cars here and there, and a namesake local "presence" so that doing such businesses are easier. Also their factory is shared with Tata in Ranjangaon, Pune if I'm not mistaken thus the economies of scale balance out.

Price cutting is a very short-term tactic for boosting sales or clearing stock but it can work only so many times. Without the brand-recognition, newer products and a refreshed image Fiat will continue to be a niche of niche seller.

The present sales are all to people who 1) Love Fiat + 2) Want a good driving car + 3) Can compromise on service support + 4) Not bothered by resale. Given these conditions, the sales numbers are actually impressive. I'm just quoting the larger aspects of reality here, and personally I like Fiat too.. no one makes designs/build like them, NONE. Unfortunately the Punto and Linea are over a decade old in that aspect.

We went to look at the Punto Evo and Linea in Ahmedabad.
The display car was dirty. There was no Linea - only a Punto and an Avventura. The Avventura was clean but it was not what we expected. If you push the driver seat all the way to the back, there is no leg room for rear passengers. I am all for driving pleasure and build quality, but a cramped cabin does not suit a car of this class. An average customer would think that a Wagon R has more space and is more fuel efficient and he'd buy it.
I think Fiat desperately needs people who understand Indian customers. They are living on borrowed time it appeared. Not a single customer in the showroom other than us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nissan1180 (Post 4122556)
An average customer would think that a Wagon R has more space and is more fuel efficient and he'd buy it.

Seriously? A Wagon R having more space than Avventura?

I drive a Punto, used to drive a Swift, dad drives a Wagon R.

Here is how I see it. Punto is more spacious than the swift. Wagon R is not even in comparison except for the head room (because of the tall boy design).

I do not think Avventura should be any different.

These are not the most spacious cars in the segment, but at par if consider Polo and swift. But saying that a Wagon R is more spacious is just taking it too faaar.