Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 18:36   #46
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features

Ecosport top end variant was a strong contender as my next car in spite of the fact that I had rated Brezza as better car in one of the teambhp polls. The reason was value for money factor after the price reductions of Ecosport by almost 1 Lakh.

Now with omitted features and increased price it no longer carries VFM tag, I would rather spend a little more and get S-Scross 1.3 alpha now.

Last edited by born_free : 10th January 2017 at 18:38.
Old 10th January 2017, 19:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there a change in the top management? Can't believe what Ford just did. They seem not to want in the good books of people. They were so well priced at the time of launch. Then the waiting lists soared and they kept reducing the manufacturing and prioritised exports over the Indian market. They deleted some features and hiked prices along with it; when t-bhp brought it up, they revised the hike.

They dropped prices when Brezza was launched. They made the best move with introducing ABS / Airbags in the lower variants and increased the engine tune as well. Now, they have reduced features and increased the prices once again. I think only Ford can do such things and not anyone else.

Can't we fit the same touchscreen aftermarket? Or is there a dash re-design? I'd not bothered if they had kept all the features on Titanium & Titanium+ variants atleast. They just crossed the 10L+ barrier for the top ends and the customers will have to shell even more with the extra road tax.
I think they have reduced some of the features to only add them back in the upcoming facelift. The touch screen might also go and be replaced with the SYNC3. I read somewhere on the forum that they have stripped features on the Figo and Aspire as well.

Last edited by Baddychat : 10th January 2017 at 19:59. Reason: Missed a part of the line.
Old 10th January 2017, 20:22   #48
Team-BHP Support

Bad move IMO... If market demands a aftermarket-looking touchscreen provide that, but why take out some of the existing features. I think the failure of so-called One Ford strategy has resulted in some extreme reactions from Ford India think-tank. Ford is losing its identity thick and fast and the famed Ford DNA is now heavily mutated, which is a shame!
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 21:10   #49
BHPian

According to me,it is really stupid on the part of Ford. It doesn't matter if there's a touchscreen ICE or a normal ICE. The loss of essential features like the ones mentioned is very sad to know. Ford Ecosport has been a car which has attracted many customers for so many years. By removing all the mentioned features, Ford is creating a bad image for itself as well as the Ecosport.
Old 10th January 2017, 21:20   #50
BHPian

Not cool Ford, not cool
Can't even understand the rationale behind such a stupid move. Firstly, it's a face-lift for the sake of one, was not necessarily needed with the new model expected later in the year. Secondly, ecosport has been doing decent numbers despite Brezza's success, some would even say it has held its own in a competitive segment. Thirdly, most of features of comfort/convenience have been replaced with a gimmick of a touch screen and that too with a price hike. Fourthly, the variants don't make sense anymore - trend, trend+, titanium, titanium+ - confusing.
Only one question - What were Ford smoking in the new year parties
r0nit7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 23:12   #51
BHPian

IMO Ford is testing waters by omitting features for a brief period, before the facelift comes in. If it works (which I doubt), its some $ saved for them, and if it doesn't, they will market facelift with far more number of enhancements.

I sincerely hope, that all these features come back with the facelift, and they add a sunroof too!
Jas21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 23:32   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Read one of the post where someone was asking how does a manufacturer survive when costs go up.

1. They can pass the cost to the customer; all the manufacturers do it.
2. Cut features and keep the cost steady. Not a great way, but still acceptable
3. Add features and add a slight premium to the car. The customers will happily pay the extra bucks
4. Be innovative - find ways to add acceptable amounts where it's justified. Eg. Slight increase in the service and parts cost which doesn't pinch the customers but still will add to the margins.

What is unacceptable is what Ford did - they deleted the features (which will add to their profit) and then hiked the prices too. So it's a double whammy to the (potential) customers.

PS : This thought just occurred to me. Probably they could have added ABS & 6 airbags on all the variants, there by adding to their margins and also promoting safety on the other hand. Ford also might have benefitted from the scale of manufacturing. Am sure no one will move away from the product just because it has 6 airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
...The question that instantly comes to my mind is that - Is FORD targeting to pitch the New ECOSPORT to the Commercial Operators in order to book more volumes by removing the so called luxurious features from the New EcoSPort ?...
Don't think so. It doesn't have any good traits to be in the commercial segment. It's neither spacious nor comfortable to be a taxi market favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
I think they have reduced some of the features to only add them back in the upcoming facelift. The touch screen might also go and be replaced with the SYNC3...
Wrong way of execution, don't you think? They should look at incremental feature inclusion with facelifts and not remove stuffs. On top of it, they have added cost too.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2017 at 23:38.
Old 11th January 2017, 00:13   #53
BANNED

I am going to buy Ecosport titanium tdci. When I enquired about these changes they are telling there is no change in titanium and their 2017 stock is already billed and will reach by 20-25th of this month. But there may be a change from feb-march.. Totally confused..
johnjojo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 10:23   #54
BHPian

Why wouldn't it lose silly gimmicks like push button start, auto wiper and auto headlights? Why lumbar support?

BTW, the tbhp logo is covering the last two lines of the list of removed features. Hope isofix is not one of them.

On a side note, whenever I did have a chance to drive the ecosport for extended periods, though I tried, could never find a comfortable position with the armrest. Finally gave up and folded it.
Old 11th January 2017, 12:17   #55
BANNED

Confirmed with ford showroom 2017 early batch having all the features. But may be from feb early they will have features deleted. Mean time ford updated ecosport brochure with deleted features in the website.
Old 11th January 2017, 16:03   #56
BHPian

Great news!! With this, Ford has helped get rid of my guilty conscience after I chose to book a Brezza over Ecosport. I regretted missing those little big things like Lumbar support, driver armrest, cooled glovebox etc. on Titanuim vis a vis Brezza ZDI.
Old 11th January 2017, 16:32   #57
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Crazy Ford.

As spelt out be all before, deletion of features is a NO NO. Never Done.

Addition of the Screen while good, it would have to be seen how well integrated it is. It maybe hard to reach the screen as the Dash is not designed in such a manner originally.

They would have just put in a larger screen. Touch Screen was not required.
Old 11th January 2017, 17:04   #58
BHPian

They should have added electrically foldable ORVMS more than the Touchscreen display . Omission of arm rest is beyond my logic as the gear level placement in Ecosport demands an arm rest to be available.
Old 11th January 2017, 17:15   #59
BHPian

Looks to me like there are a lot of current Ecosports build and not sold yet, so they think they can fool the customers by adding touch screen and silently removing features.

I have been a Ford fan ever since my first car Ikon, now 2011 Figo, and I was planning to change car by March this year. Considering the new Aspire is not a Ford car, I am waiting for Ford to launch the new face lifted one. But, it seems none of my wish is coming true.

Iam considering Renault Duster as my second preference, but Iam not sure how their service is and how expensive.

Ford Top Management: Get your heads examined, You need to add features to sell cars not remove them. We want cars that drives like the late all new fiesta.

I can see Ford becoming the next Chevrolet in a couple of years, have they not sacked those responsible for new Figo and Aspire and the obliteration done on Ecosport.
Old 11th January 2017, 19:49   #60
BHPian

With most of the sales coming from mid variants and removing features silver l roof rails etc which does not cost a bomb but surely spoils looks is a bad move in my opinion . I think all companies forcing buyers to move to higher variants as they have better margins there .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks