Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 09:08   #91

Re: Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features

This variant seems to be priced at INR 13.13 OTR in Bangalore!
Minus the driver side armrest and the cooled glove box.
Old 18th January 2017, 09:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
============
[*]Interesting to see that cruise control and 17" alloys are indeed being offered - these were until now available only on export models
[*]The ride on 17" alloys - all I can think of is ouch!

Can't understand Why ford want to mess up further with the already bad ride comfort !

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th January 2017 at 09:36. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 18th January 2017, 20:02   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Thanks for sharing this interesting video. Some observations:
  • Interesting to see that cruise control and 17" alloys are indeed being offered - these were until now available only on export models
  • The ride on 17" alloys - all I can think of is ouch!
With introduction of cruise control and touchscreen, Ecosport is now almost at par with Brezza with respect to feature list.
Additionally Ecosport gives 6 air bags, leather seats, isofix mounts missing in Brezza.

This looks like calculated move to position it against Brezza and further price increase suggests that Ford is indirectly saying to potential Brezza customer
"If Brezza's long wait time is making you unhappy, we have a exactly what you are looking for, readily available but for little premium".

Last edited by born_free : 18th January 2017 at 20:04.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 09:16   #94

I agree with everyone/most here on the "never remove anything once provided" funda.

I had taken a test drive just last week and found that the arm rest wasn't so useful and didn't get enough time to check the glove box and other accessories.

The sales executive did mention that the newer model will have the turn indicator lever on the right (as opposed to the left). He also said the display for the rear-view camera will be on the IVRM and not on the touch-screen display. Can anyone confirm this?

The position of the touchscreen seems to be positioned too far away from the driver, therefore accessing that would be a big challenge.

I think, with the new facelift (almost) around the corner, Ford has cleverly experimented with this "update" to capture customer reactions and make the necessary changes for that variant. I hope the Eco-boost comes with Automatic transmission soon!
Old 19th January 2017, 13:22   #95
BHPian

I used to drive the global fiesta which had the cruise control in it. I missed it on long drives when I bought the Ecosport. Now that being available in the new editions of Ecosport, can that be fitted in my 2016 Ecosport?
If yes any idea how much that would cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pai.pradeep View Post
The sales executive did mention that the newer model will have the turn indicator lever on the right (as opposed to the left).
My 2016 Ecosport has the turn indicators on the right side which is also available in Figo and Aspire. Not sure about the Endeavour / Mustang though
Old 19th January 2017, 13:25   #96
BHPian

Q to Ford - Why fix something that isn't broken!

Ecosport (before the facelift) was an excellent package at a VFM price. It was already selling quite well too!

Folks who buy Ford buy it for it's own strengths; not what it provides vis-a-vis MSIL.
This comes from someone who bought Figo over Swift; and again Ecosport over Brezza. (no bias against maruti owners, it's a personal preference)

The armrest & lumbar-support are a must-have for long-drives.
The voice-commands make the phone a breeze to use while driving.
DRL add some bling.
All GONE!

What do we get instead -
a touchscreen which'll take some serious stretching exercises.
Bigger tires (unsuitable for the stiff suspension & Indian roads).
A price hike.
NO, THANKYOU, I LIKE IT THE GOOD OLD WAY!

Advice to Ford - instead of a "me-too" approach, advertise your core-strengths : build quality/engine/safety equipment/fun-to-drive/leather seats & equipment/voice-commands/excellent ergonomics/low-maintenance costs to name a few.
I'm sure, you'll find many discerning buyers.
anurag.somani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 14:36   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
My 2016 Ecosport has the turn indicators on the right side which is also available in Figo and Aspire. Not sure about the Endeavour / Mustang though
The Test drive vehicle (1.5 Petrol Titanium AT) had them on the left. Looks like the Sales executive at Metro Ford, Palace Cross road doesn't know much as he never mentioned that there are variants available even on with this lever on the right. Strange.

Guess I'd wait for the "face-lift" supposed to be launched during festive season!
Old 19th January 2017, 14:55   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pai.pradeep View Post
The Test drive vehicle (1.5 Petrol Titanium AT) had them on the left. Looks like the Sales executive at Metro Ford, Palace Cross road doesn't know much as he never mentioned that there are variants available even on with this lever on the right. Strange.
Ok now I understand the point. The AT vehicle is an old vehicle which belongs to the earlier generation of Turn - Left and Wiper - right layout.

It was changed at least a year ago (in all variants) to Turn - Right and Wiper - Left. The sales person instead of telling that this is an old vehicle he has put it the other way

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 15:27   #99
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Facelifted Ecosport to be called Ecosport Platinum Edition.

More details in the Ford India website now. Price not updated yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-es-17.png  

Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-es17.png  

Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-es.png  

Last edited by //M : 19th January 2017 at 15:33. Reason: Attaching images
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 16:08   #100
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport Platinum Edition launched at Rs. 10.39 lakh

Ford has launched the EcoSport Platinum Edition in India. It will be available with two engine options: a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel and a 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol. The special edition is priced at Rs. 10.39 lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) for the petrol variant and Rs. 10.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) for the diesel model.

The EcoSport Platinum Edition comes with a black roof, giving the compact SUV a dual-tone colour scheme. It also features larger 17-inch alloy wheels with wider tyres. The front and rear bumpers get new appliqués as well. On the inside, the Platinum Edition models come with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which supports music and video playback, satellite navigation and rear view camera. The EcoSport also gets Cruise Control on the Platinum Edition model.

No mechanical changes have been made to the EcoSport Platinum Edition. The petrol engine generates 123 BHP and Ford claims that it delivers a fuel economy of 18.88 Km/l. The diesel mill is rated at 99 BHP with a company claimed economy figure of 22.27 Km/l.

Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-unnamed-3.jpg

Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-capture.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 19th January 2017 at 16:10.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 18:29   #101
BHPian

From team-bhp report on March 12, 2016

Ford cuts EcoSport price -
Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Titanium+ INR 9,75,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)

19 Jan, 2017 -
Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Platinum Edition - INR 10,69,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)

Price Increase (in 9 months, 7 days) - Rs 94,000

What You Get for the money-
--------------------------------
+8" touchscreen navigation with DVD support
+Maps
+ Rear-View Camera
+Dual-tone color
+17" tyres & new alloys
+ Front & Rear Bumper Applique

What you lose -
------------------
- sync with voice-command
- DRL
- driver seat armrest
- lumbar support
- cooled glove box
- leather-wrapped handbrake & gear shift knob
- chrome scuff plates

A case of too greedy, too soon.
As Aesop had put it; kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

Last edited by anurag.somani : 19th January 2017 at 18:39.
anurag.somani is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 22:03   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post

A case of too greedy, too soon.
As Aesop had put it; kill the goose that lays the golden egg?
Not at all, Ford had been doing this all along. Flashback to Sep 2013, folks like me who had booked the Titanium version prior to the launch lost valuable features such as Keyless entry, Start/Stop button and a cooled glove box and had to shell out 15k extra as well.
sansvk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 09:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Its just a confused lot at the decision making level or they are desperate to increase their market share in the country; any which way they lack vision.

- They are playing with pricing of their very competent SUV
- They are playing with features and pricing of EcoSport
- Figo Twins are not getting attention at all, even after being very competent and feature rich cars ! the recent addition of 6 air bags has not even reached the auto magazines leave aside general readers and viewers, what a shame !

Absence of a proper Sedan? I see no reason why a proper sedan is missing from the Ford portfolio in India. The 250 Crore advertisement budget has not given them enough returns it seems. That "family wali feeling" is completely missing because the company is clearly not considering customers as family !

Last edited by i74js : 20th January 2017 at 09:38.
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:59   #104
BHPian

The touchscreen HU seems to be placed a bit far off, the driver my have to stretch a bit to reach out. Or is it the angle in which the picture was taken.

The alloy design looks good, but 17" is surely going to dent the ride quality on our pothole ridden Indian roads.

Sync is a good feature for voice commands & will be missed, so will the lumbar support, driver armrest & the DRLs. The cooled glove box is a nifty feature to have as well. The leather wraps around the gear knob & handbrake give that premium feel.

Seems like Ford just wanted to add the touchscreen HU to make the Ecosport look competitive against the Brezza.
Old 20th January 2017, 12:20   #105
BHPian

A personal opinion.

I don't think the deletions will actually dent the sales of the ecosport. If you see from a regular buyers perspective he will hardly notice or know that the features stated were removed but the additions like the touch screen and 18inch alloys will be highlighted. So overall the general crowd will still think they are getting more than the older versions and will be content. Only enthusiasts and people who regularly follow the automotive scene will be aware of the deletions and we are very few in number comparatively. The only visible deletion is the DRL and the arm rest, but i guess even that will go unnoticed in general. So overall, its not exactly a thoughtless decision done by Ford and i am pretty sure these changes will not dent the numbers ecosport is grabbing, other factors might but the changes(reiterating changes) wont. What i am actually trying to convey here is Its quite pointless throwing brickbats at ford here. We are just acting like a bunch of gossiping aunties in the neighbourhood(no offence to anyone) And i feel it will hardly make any difference to ford.

Last edited by blackbandit : 20th January 2017 at 12:28.
blackbandit is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks