Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 15:15   #106
VMG
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features

I have purchased 2016 December Automatic petrol model. Since cruise control is available in 17 model, hope it is possible to install cruise control in my Ecosport. Your views please.
Old 20th January 2017, 16:16   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I have purchased 2016 December Automatic petrol model. Since cruise control is available in 17 model, hope it is possible to install cruise control in my Ecosport. Your views please.
No it won't be possible to install the cruise control as plug and play or by any easy quick diy method to your vehicle. There would be a lot of technicalities and fiddling around the ECU and electricals involved and it would be a very complicated process that one would generally not go to try their hand on.

Last edited by blackbandit : 20th January 2017 at 16:20.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 20:29   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
No it won't be possible to install the cruise control as plug and play or by any easy quick diy method to your vehicle...
Going by the below link, it may not be that complicated, I have a 2016 model as well and would love to have a cruise on my Fat-boy(Ecosport AT). Last week completed a 500 kms trip in 5.5 hrs (nonstop), was missing the cruise badly. Again, was maintaining constant speed of 100, absolutely no traffic and having a fastag helped achieve this time. Just loved the way the car performed in the highway, moving from Red fury( Fiesta 1.6) I was wondering if Fat-boy would be a match. To my surprise it performed exceedingly well. I loved the lumbar support and its a shame they omitted this in the upgrade.

http://www.canm8.com/precision-cruis...-ecosport.html
Old 20th January 2017, 20:44   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Going by the below link, it may not be that complicated, I have a 2016 model as well and would love to have a cruise on my Fat-boy(Ecosport AT). Last week completed a 500 kms trip in 5.5 hrs (nonstop), was missing the cruise badly. Again, was maintaining constant speed of 100, absolutely no traffic and having a fastag helped achieve this time. Just loved the way the car performed in the highway, moving from Red fury( Fiesta 1.6) I was wondering if Fat-boy would be a match. To my surprise it performed exceedingly well. I loved the lumbar support and its a shame they omitted this in the upgrade.

http://www.canm8.com/precision-cruis...-ecosport.html
Well, I was unaware of such aftermarket fitments. However the authenticity and efficiency of such devices are debatable. Cruise control is a quite crucial feature IMO and recently a safety concern has been raised too. Few days back I read about an incident in the abroad where even the tried and tested OEM cruise control failed to deactivate and has resulted in fatalities. So personally i wouldn't play around with such 3rd party devices that have not been tried or tested extensively and wouldn't advice anyone to play around as well.
Old 20th January 2017, 21:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Well, I was unaware of such aftermarket fitments. However the authenticity and efficiency of such devices are debatable..
I agree, any of those after market fittings like lights, music system or tuning your engine can also be dangerous, however that doesn't stop anyone. In this case, since it deals with engine and acceleration, the risk is higher, no doubt.
Old 21st January 2017, 19:39   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post

What You Get for the money-
--------------------------------
+8" touchscreen navigation with DVD support
+Maps
+ Rear-View Camera
+Dual-tone color
+17" tyres & new alloys
+ Front & Rear Bumper Applique
And the Cruise Control
Zinda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 20:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Ford EcoSport Platinum Edition launched at Rs. 10.39 lakh

Attachment 1597040[/center]
Link to Team-BHP News
It's quite a large binnacle. Hope dash reflection in windscreen & transverse visibility will be within accepted limits. The present Ecosport has a fair bit of dash reflection.
Old 21st January 2017, 23:23   #113
BHPian

Quick Walkaround video of Ford Ecosport Platinum Edition.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 00:59   #114
BHPian

As i am working for Ford projects from supplier side,looks like the touch screen system does not use the SYNC anymore. So this resulted in no voice button in the steering wheel, as the SYNC unit has the voice control engine.
I also doubt that the touch screen unit is not from the reputed OEM suppliers. might be ford opted for an aftermarket product like something already available.So i think the touch screen unit will be compatible for all the variants atleast titanium.

Last edited by jhenu : 27th January 2017 at 01:00.
jhenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 17:57   #115
Senior - BHPian

Just visited Ford dealership to have a look at the Platinum Edition in Ahmedabad. As expected, the touch screen is a whole new console part as an add on, and SYNC console's shape is completely different. This looks out pf place, although touch screen is good to use, but is ergonomically against the driver or front passenger. Its too much of a stretch to reach even if not driving. Also takes a good 30 seconds to boot up.

The addition of cruise control is a big plus! The "NEW" (read, old ones from 2014 American Ecosport) are a bit odd looking, but grow on you. Ride won't be compromised since it still sits on 60(or 55, I am not sure, definitely not smaller) profile tyres. Button quality is better than before, again my perception.

Absence of a driver armrest and leather finish gear knob is missed. Although gear lever gator is still same soft PU leatherette and so are the seats.

I don't like their steering wheel leather either.

Over all I liked that the quality is still pretty solid. Space/Drivability wise I would prefer the S-Cross, but over all its a more complete package for the asking price.

Added benefit of 6 airbags standard on this version. They could have somehow merged the Black Edition and the Platinum Edition, and made a Titanium Plus, with all the new features, while retaining the smoked headlamps and black grille at the front. They should also sell it for free, haha! not all things we want are available as we want them to be.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:03   #116
BHPian

It seems that Touch screen display is the order of the day. A trend, which was set in late 2000’s and available only in high end cars, had became more penetrative into the mass market with the success of Kwid.

Whist it is nice to have fancy displays but lowering on critical features such as rear defogger, driver seat height adjust, rear wash and wipe, detachable head rests etc., on entry level trim shows acute over sighting by Ford for Safety. Ask GM, as how the market would respond for replacing a car with decent specifications (and features) by the one with lower counts.

Hope Ford realizes its mistake before it is too late and the market starts ignoring the Ecosport (the sole bread earner for FORD in India)
Old 14th March 2017, 21:54   #117

I took test drive of EcoSport Diesel recently. I was very satisfied on the looks fit and finish. Unfortunately the Ecosport failed to impress me on the drive, some how I personally feel that there is no enough torque to give a jump start which I thought I would get it in (compact) SUV, may be it is because of power to weight ratio. I'm not sure how many bhpians feel the same way as I do... If Ford tunes Ecosport Diesel engine to give more low end grunt as the turbo kicks in, would be awesome wow experience...
Old 25th March 2017, 10:48   #118
BHPian

Hello,

I have bought the new Ford Ecosport Platinum and am facing issues with the GPS system. Everything else on the panel works fine (radio, Phone, etc. ) except GPS. Now I have lost the GPS signal and it keeps showing red.
I guess there will be an antenna wire for the GPS signal. I have sent the car back to the Ford service center and they cannot figure the problem out.

I also tried searching the net for the model/make of the GPS but cannot find. Would be helpful if someone knows which make is it or any ideas would help.

Regards
Rohinton
Old 25th March 2017, 11:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohintonw View Post
have bought the new Ford Ecosport Platinum and am facing issues with the GPS system. Everything else on the panel works fine (radio, Phone, etc. ) except GPS.

Ask them for a replacement unit. And the standard antenna would be also used as the GPS antenna so check the antenna connections.
Old 25th March 2017, 11:40   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post

What You Get for the money-
--------------------------------
+8" touchscreen navigation with DVD support
+Maps
+ Rear-View Camera
+Dual-tone color
+17" tyres & new alloys
+ Front & Rear Bumper Applique

What you lose -
------------------
- sync with voice-command
- DRL
- driver seat armrest
- lumbar support
- cooled glove box
- leather-wrapped handbrake & gear shift knob
- chrome scuff plates

A case of too greedy, too soon.
As Aesop had put it; kill the goose that lays the golden egg?
Isn't this actually brilliant from a marketing standpoint?

They took out features that cost them money, but didn't make the headlines. And instead gave items that the mass market can actually see and appreciate, and the showrooms can really highlight in brochures and comparison material against competition.

Going by the trend, we can soon expect features the 1.5L engine, DCT etc to be shown the door - only to be replaced by a sunroof.

Can't really call them greedy here, when they are responding to market demands.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks