Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2017, 20:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't this actually brilliant from a marketing standpoint?

They took out features that cost them money, but didn't make the headlines. And instead gave items that the mass market can actually see and appreciate, and the showrooms can really highlight in brochures and comparison material against competition.

Going by the trend, we can soon expect features the 1.5L engine, DCT etc to be shown the door - only to be replaced by a sunroof.

Can't really call them greedy here, when they are responding to market demands.
Makes sense. But I do not understand why they would take out features which cost less but adds a lot of value from utility point of view - like lumbar support, driver arm rest etc. I see most people getting after market driver arm set.

I hope they would not compromise on DCT and 1.5 L engine in the new model, which I am eagerly waiting for. I hope it will have the features which they have omitted, even at a higher price, as I find them very useful.
Old 12th April 2017, 01:33   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
From team-bhp report on March 12, 2016

Ford cuts EcoSport price -
Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Titanium+ INR 9,75,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)

19 Jan, 2017 -
Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Platinum Edition - INR 10,69,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)

Price Increase (in 9 months, 7 days) - Rs 94,000

What You Get for the money-
--------------------------------
+8" touchscreen navigation with DVD support
+Maps
+ Rear-View Camera
+Dual-tone color
+17" tyres & new alloys
+ Front & Rear Bumper Applique

What you lose -
------------------
- sync with voice-command
- DRL
- driver seat armrest
- lumbar support
- cooled glove box
- leather-wrapped handbrake & gear shift knob
- chrome scuff plates

A case of too greedy, too soon.
As Aesop had put it; kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

Looks like ford has quietly added the drl back, picked up a march 2017 manufactured platinum edition ecoboast

Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491941027.320789.jpg
Ravenblood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 07:29   #123
Senior - BHPian

That's the light guide as they call it. Does it stay brightly lit up even when the headlights are off from the stalk inside?
Old 12th April 2017, 11:03   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
Looks like ford has quietly added the drl back, picked up a march 2017 manufactured platinum edition ecoboast

Attachment 1628975
To me, it looks like the park light? I see the brake lights are activated as well and with no one inside, I assume the park lights are ON.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 02:12   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
To me, it looks like the park light? I see the brake lights are activated as well and with no one inside, I assume the park lights are ON.
Those are actually called as signature lights (within the headlight unit). They are ON during 'Park' mode but are hardly visible during day time and one has to pay very close attention to even notice.

Regarding DRL:
Only the top end Titanium+ TDCI had them, which are non LED version (within the FOG lamp unit, there are 2 bulbs - one for DRL and the other is Fog light). The DRL bulb is always ON and I do get a lot of people waving hand, signalling that the lights are ON during the day time

Only recently (may be in March or so), Ford had introduced cheap looking LED DRLs (dealer fitment actually) at a bomb price of about 15-18k.

Refer to post# 10639 below for my car pictures:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4056293

Last edited by Eyas337 : 13th April 2017 at 02:32.
Eyas337 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 10:02   #126
Senior - BHPian

Better to wait for the new one if it comes in few months then ?
I was expecting the touch screen is for that only.

And glad that they didnt take away the 6 air bag option.

Nice signature, Eyas . Can you post the pic of the fogs too?

Last edited by jkdas : 13th April 2017 at 10:06.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 15:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

My wife's 10-year old Santro was starting to give trouble. She always liked the Ecosport. So bought the AT last week. We are among the lucky few who don't get any of the new features and lose all the ones being removed.

But as the salesman sad, the price of the AT hasn't gone up either.

One thing I noticed vis-a-vis the lumbar support. I don't know if this was always true, but the new seat seems to have a sufficient amount, at least when compared to my Vento TSI.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 19:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
India-Bound Ford EcoSport Facelift With Tailgate-Mounted Spare Wheel Revealed In China

Compared to the current version, the EcoSport facelift now gets a new cover for the tailgate-mounted spare wheel. Rest of the aesthetic changes are similar to that seen on the US-spec crossover.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...hina-20266.htm

Last edited by pacman2881 : 1st May 2017 at 19:50.
pacman2881 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 12:22   #129
Team-BHP Support

We got a new Ecosport about 3 months ago. While we are completely satisfied with the overall product, the new "me-too me-too" features from Ford are turning into a sour experience.

For starters, the touch screen HU is an after thought. No car manufacturer with a smart packaging team would have traded off the brilliant sync system with the horrendous HU that Ford plonked in. It is an ergonomic failure because even with an outstretched arm, it is hard to operate the HU. To add salt to the injury, the buttons on the steering or the dash provide very little control. For example, the number pad on the dash doesn't work for dialing phone number. Who would give you a phone pad on the dash which doesn't work for the purpose? No prizes for guessing, it's Ford!

The HU plagued with stability issues as well. Since day # 1 we have disconnecting Bluetooth, time sync failing, etc. More here: link. Frustratingly enough, the USB port is placed bang on the HU and therefore a hanging cable is in evident in case you plugin an ipod.

Lastly, during delivery we were told that Ford HQ has asked all dealerships to remove the reverse cameras from Ecosports that are to be delivered to the customer. There seemed to be some kind of a bug / firmware issue with the product. We were promised a plug and play camera within a week and there seems to be no signs of it even after three months. A tweet to Ford did not help either. So. we have a car with massive blind spots in the back and without a reverse camera!

And I am not even bringing up the missing arm rest story out. Someone at Ford is smoking stuff that needs to be banned for their survival in our competitive market.

Hope someone at Ford is listening and will attend to these frustrating issues.

Scoop! Ford EcoSport gets Touchscreen Head-Unit, but loses other features-for_ecosport.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th July 2017 at 12:48.
moralfibre is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 16:57   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
We got a new Ecosport about 3 months ago. While we are completely satisfied with the overall product, the new "me-too me-too" features from Ford are turning into a sour experience.

For starters, the touch screen HU is an after thought. No car manufacturer with a smart packaging team would have traded off the brilliant sync system with the horrendous HU that Ford plonked in. It is an ergonomic failure because even with an outstretched arm, it is hard to operate the HU. To add salt to the injury, the buttons on the steering or the dash provide very little control. For example, the number pad on the dash doesn't work for dialing phone number. Who would give you a phone pad on the dash which doesn't work for the purpose? No prizes for guessing, it's Ford!

The HU plagued with stability issues as well. Since day # 1 we have disconnecting Bluetooth, time sync failing, etc. More here: link. Frustratingly enough, the USB port is placed bang on the HU and therefore a hanging cable is in evident in case you plugin an ipod.

Lastly, during delivery we were told that Ford HQ has asked all dealerships to remove the reverse cameras from Ecosports that are to be delivered to the customer. There seemed to be some kind of a bug / firmware issue with the product. We were promised a plug and play camera within a week and there seems to be no signs of it even after three months. A tweet to Ford did not help either. So. we have a car with massive blind spots in the back and without a reverse camera!

And I am not even bringing up the missing arm rest story out. Someone at Ford is smoking stuff that needs to be banned for their survival in our competitive market.

Hope someone at Ford is listening and will attend to these frustrating issues.
I'm not sure which month of manufacturing your car is - My car is a March 2017 manufactured Ecosport Titanium Diesel (took delivery on March 30th itself).

My car had the rear view camera available in the boot along with the other installation kit when I did the PDI. The dealer (Chennai Ford) installed the camera on my car before delivery and have been using it for the past 4 months (5000+ kms covered) without any issues / trouble.

As for the head unit Bluetooth issue, there is a firmware update V1.0.0.01 which the dealer applied to my head unit in the end of April 2017 after my persistent nagging with ford customer care.

Haven't faced any problems so far after that. The only instruction which was given is that the bluetooth on the phone should be kept on before starting the car for iPhone (all models) alone due to some issues in iOS compatibility with this headunit;no such issues with Android. But, apart from that, I have not faced any issues in bluetooth connectivity.

Please contact the dealer for the firmware update and try.

As for the modified reverse camera which Ford has committed to provide you, could you please shed more light on the subject as it will help me to clarify the same with my dealer as well.

Hope my inputs were of some help to you.

Cheers & Drive Safe
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:07   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
I'm not sure which month of manufacturing your car is - My car is a March 2017 manufactured Ecosport Titanium Diesel (took delivery on March 30th itself).

My car had the rear view camera available in the boot along with the other installation kit when I did the PDI. The dealer (Chennai Ford) installed the camera on my car before delivery and have been using it for the past 4 months (5000+ kms covered) without any issues / trouble.
There is no doubt that the Ecosport has proved it's mettle with respect to reliability. Coming from a VW, the peace of mind with the Ecosport is enormous.

For the camera, we were told that Ford has recalled all existing supplied units and were planning to reengineer them for whatever reason. Our car was manufactured in Apr'17 IIRC

Quote:
As for the head unit Bluetooth issue, there is a firmware update V1.0.0.01 which the dealer applied to my head unit in the end of April 2017 after my persistent nagging with ford customer care.
Thanks for your update on the review thread. I'll be getting this done during the 1st service.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 09:40   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

Attachment 1660274
Not quite clear on this reverse parking camera thing. We took delivery of Titanium+ a month back, but is missing on the reverse parking camera, neither did the dealer tell us any thing on the camera. However during the time of booking dealer had confirmed that the Titanium+ does come with reverse parking camera as standard fitment.
somitra1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 14:07   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Not quite clear on this reverse parking camera thing. We took delivery of Titanium+ a month back, but is missing on the reverse parking camera, neither did the dealer tell us any thing on the camera. ..
Pretty late reply to your post but here goes, in case it helps someone..

I was told by my SA just a week back that the Reverse Camera was deleted by Ford after some feedback from customers regarding its bugs ! So the latest brochure of the previous gen EcoSport has the Reverse Camera feature marked over with a White Eraser ink. But it does mention the Sync feature as being present. This is in contrast to the information just a few posts above regarding Ford deleting the Sync also. So that is something I have to re-check on the August manufactured EcoBoost.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks