Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 23:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai: Handling charges dropped after battle with techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I am buying a Hyundai Grand i10 for my parents and I notice that the Quotation has 3000 handling charges mentioned.
While I understand Hyundai has scrapped these charges, I need to have a proof to show to them to not levy.
I am also being charged 1800 for basic kit and 1200 for 4th year RSA.
Look at the last para of this post of similar experience of mine with a Honda dealer, but all is well which ends well. Ultimately No extra charges are being forced and insurance price-match is also agreed which saved me approx 12k. So, advise you to stick to your point.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4405715

Last edited by kautilya : 7th June 2018 at 23:38.
kautilya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 00:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
I obviously took my business elsewhere but the important thing to note was he didn't budge from that decision. Amazed that dealers still think they can get away with this.
This is what happens with successful models. I am sure the conversation would have went differently if you were talking about Eon. You did the best thing by taking your business elsewhere. When you get call back from the sales advisor, do inform them that you decided not to purchase because they were charging handling charges.

I also feel naming such dealers publicly on forums like Team BHP and Twitter would help in them coming in line quickly.
Old 12th June 2018, 14:01   #33
BHPian

Another update : I got my delivery of the new car. Dealer has officially given me an invoice of 3000 Rs as handling charges.
Does this mean it is legal ?
What I have also observed is that they give X Rs. discount and they claim that I can deduct from any item I want e.g.
a) I have the liberty to deduct 50,000 from ex show room price OR
b) 37,000 from ex show room price + 10,000 from insurance + 3,000 from handling charges
Bottom line is this is the max discount we offer and you have to take insurance from our end and also handling charges - its your choice how you calculate.

I tried with all dealers and surprisingly all of them came to same answer albeit difference in discount value

PS: They also informed that the total discount will be on the final value and not on ex-show room value and so taxes wont change inspite of discount
Old 28th June 2018, 17:28   #34
BHPian

Got this price list on my email which mentions 3000 as handling charge for i20. Hyundai hasn't learnt anything

New i20 FL.pdf
Old 2nd July 2018, 00:13   #35
BHPian

Hyundai doesn't seem to have advised the dealerships on this handling charges. I'm about to confirm my booking for Verna and surprisingly all the dealerships here in Chennai are charging Rs.3000 towards handling.

Also, they are not aware of any court/RTO ruling and are adamant to stick to the charges but are trying to compensate in terms of other discounts. I'm getting a very good deal but haven't decided yet to pay these handling charges or to push them hard to drop which seems unlikely though.
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:04   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxvistian View Post
Hyundai doesn't seem to have advised the dealerships on this handling charges. I'm about to confirm my booking for Verna and surprisingly all the dealerships here in Chennai are charging Rs.3000 towards handling.
Similar situation. Handling is being waived off as part of discount, but it is there in writing and the dealer says, that you may speak with Hyundai or write to them. It is approved by Hyundai.

Will Hyundai come clean on this?
Old 10th June 2019, 16:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Similar situation. Handling is being waived off as part of discount, but it is there in writing and the dealer says, that you may speak with Hyundai or write to them. It is approved by Hyundai.

Will Hyundai come clean on this?
This seems to be the case. I had written a mail to Hyundai India (crsales@hmil.net) a while ago regarding the same. They responded asking for my contact number and a lady who called me on their behalf mentioned that the charge is indeed approved by them. I replied to her mail (where she requested for my contact details) stating that she give me in writing whatever she told me on the call. They have conveniently chose to not respond to the same and it's been 3 months since then!

In fact, when I recently when to test drive the Venue with a friend who is considering the model, the dealer shared the price list wherein the handling charges are given in clean and bold letters. Attaching an image of the same below:

Hyundai: Handling charges dropped after battle with techie-venue-price-list-modi-hyundai.jpg
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 17:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
This seems to be the case. I had written a mail to Hyundai India (crsales@hmil.net) a while ago regarding the same. They responded asking for my contact number and a lady who called me on their behalf mentioned that the charge is indeed approved by them. I replied to her mail (where she requested for my contact details) stating that she give me in writing whatever she told me on the call. They have conveniently chose to not respond to the same and it's been 3 months since then!

In fact, when I recently when to test drive the Venue with a friend who is considering the model, the dealer shared the price list wherein the handling charges are given in clean and bold letters. Attaching an image of the same below:

Attachment 1883644
This is nothing I just purchased my Venue last week and the dealer gave me a proper invoice for the 3000/- handling charges including GST
It seems Hyundai is totally aware of this mischief and have got a legal way of charging the customers with this invoice.

Hyundai: Handling charges dropped after battle with techie-whatsapp-image-20190610-5.18.48-pm.jpeg
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 17:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Post sales expense - what is that?
delivery ceremony - ?
driver cost - which driver are they talking?
cleaning and vehicle check - it is new car, and it is their duty to deliver quality product. Why charge customer for it?

Don't be fooled by customer lounge, receptionist's smile, cool drinks, chocolates, cake, claps, key, photo etc... They are charging you for everything!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th June 2019 at 17:31.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 17:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Post sales expense - what is that?
delivery ceremony - ?
driver cost - which driver are they talking?
cleaning and vehicle check - it is new car, and it is their duty to deliver quality product. Why charge customer for it?

Don't be fooled by customer lounge, receptionist's smile, cool drinks, chocolates, cake, claps, key, photo etc... They are charging you for everything!!
Very rightly said. The dealer does not bear one penny extra for the services they offer us. It is all included in the cost. Apart from this, there was this cleaning boy who had cleaned the vehicle just before I was leaving with it and the sales executive asked me to reward him with 100 bucks as a token of appreciation
The dealers are just leeches I tell you. The RTO amount was 1500 less than what was mentioned in their initial estimate pamphlet. So slyly he said that he had negotiated with the manager for a 1500 discount especially for me
Old 10th June 2019, 18:23   #41
BHPian

In Kerala, Hyundai dealers doesn't show handling charges on the price list.

I was following the Venue thread and found that in Kerala, each variant has ₹3500 extra in its ex-showroom price compared to other States.

That means people from Kerala has to pay road tax, insurance etc. on the price including handling charges.
knightrider_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 10:52   #42

The Hyundai dealers in Bangalore still levy this charge. I am in the market looking for a Hyundai Grand i10 and they have clearly shown Rs.3000 as handling charges in the price list. Wonder what makes them defy the rules so brazenly!!
fluke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:44   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
In Kerala, Hyundai dealers doesn't show handling charges on the price list.

I was following the Venue thread and found that in Kerala, each variant has ₹3500 extra in its ex-showroom price compared to other States.

That means people from Kerala has to pay road tax, insurance etc. on the price including handling charges.
I have seen this same practice being followed by Kawasaki in Cochin (I havent checked with other companies). However their greed is at an new level. They had added Rs 50,000 to the ex-showroom price of one model and admitted its because they cannot add handling charges separately. So TCS, road tax and insurance are all higher due to the increased ex showroom price
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 18:01   #44
BHPian

Hi,

A few months back I had the same discussion with the General Manager Sales of a Tata Dealership and he was adamant that the dealer can charge Handling charges if he wants.

He even shared with me the Supreme Court decision of 2017 which upheld the decision taken by the High-court of Delhi regarding Handling Charges.

As far as I am able to understand from the verdict, the Dealer cannot charge the handling on basis of service offered for registration. But at the same time he is free to charge handling for other services that he gives at the dealership.

I am no legal expert and hence seek the advice from others if my understanding is correct or not.

Request all to check the attachment for the same.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SC Order_Handling Charges.pdf (167.1 KB, 347 views)
Accelerati is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 23:22   #45

Hi all,
I was the GO-TO guy for one of my friend who was planning to buy a 1.2L Grand i10 Sportz MT from Ojha Hyundai,Noonmati,Guwahati.After all the talks regarding various discounts and the final price,we got a quotation stating the prices as discussed along with Handling charges of Rs.3000.The dealership stated that the handling charges are in-line with the policy of hyundai itself.

Now,me being aware of the techie case and the supreme court judgement along with RTO's of various states ruling out the charges(Thanks to the forum discussion) I contacted Hyundai Customer care about the same.They stated the charges are valid and i have to pay the same.I was in no mood to take such reply and asked them about any proof of such policy or any official statement from hyundai,for which they obviously denied.I also mailed to their customer support email id and also tweeted to Hyundai India but recieved no response.

Now,I got a PDF from this thread which contained contact no. and email ids of hyundai representatives of different zones.From which I contacted Ms. Sangeeta and narrated the whole scenario and also enlighted her about the supreme court judgement and how it is illegal to levy such charges.Ms. Sangeeta took the matter to the dealership and after just half hour of me contacting Ms. Sangeeta,I got a call from dealership sales head along with customer relations head.I explained the same thing to both of them and after having an internal discussion,they dropped the handling charges.

I would like to mention here that the Sales Head and Customer relations head(dont remember their names) were very helpful and supportive during the whole process.From this incident,it is clearly visible that hyundai is adamant on dropping the charges but if you press them hard along with facts and articles you can get the charges dropped.

Last edited by Ronak_7 : 22nd June 2019 at 23:49. Reason: type fixed
Ronak_7 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks