Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 18:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

It's going to be called WagonR refresh

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484572931.605866.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484572944.471618.jpg

Waiting for more info. It needs to be seen if the cng variants in (O) trip come with abs or not as the current cng Lxi (O) has only dual airbags but not abs. Current Non cng models have abs and dual airbags in (O) trim.
blackwasp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 19:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's the WagonR Minor / Refresh

Looks like Stingray didn't pick up, and now we have Stringray as a facelift. Good if projector lights are available. Even in Lxi/VXi, they should have dual headlamp setup, not the standard H4 stuff. The more driving experience I rake up, more I feel the need for setup with separate low and high beam. And if they offer projectors on top end, then Ciaz, Vitara Brezza and Wagon R would have projector lights, and we can have higher hopes for Swift/Dzire/Ertiga/Celerio to have them too.

One of the positive change is day and night IRVM in LXi. Its a real pain in my Wagon R that lacks one, and I insanely miss it thanks to a nation which is as crazy about High-Beam as it is for cricket.

Next, would appreciate if Maruti can give Internally adjustable IRVM on LXi. The current ones on LXi are lifted from previous generation Wagon R, plus the entire glass and casing is one unit. So adjusting it is an lengthy task. Having a mirror that moves inside the casing helps ease this by a huge margin.

And the next generation Wagon R would be a while away ? This is second refresh of Wagon R, just like the previous generation. We are yet to get spyshots of next generation car being tested on Indian roads, so it could be a while away. Its smart time to upgrade Wagon R then.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th January 2017 at 19:23.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 19:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

re: Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's the WagonR Minor / Refresh

If that feature list is authentic, even the top variant gets dual airbags and ABS only in the (O) variant?

That's a major bummer, given Maruti dealers' widespread resistance to stock/sell option variants. 'Safety features should be standard by default' daydreaming aside, those should've been standard at least on the top spec.
Old 16th January 2017, 19:44   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
It's going to be called WagonR refresh

Waiting for more info. It needs to be seen if the cng variants in (O) trip come with abs or not as the current cng Lxi (O) has only dual airbags but not abs. Current Non cng models have abs and dual airbags in (O) trim.
Wait a minute, I see the projector lamps only on the Vxi+ and so is the chrome grill. Does that mean the Lxi and Vxi is the regular wagonr? If not I would love to see a non chrome grill with the face of the stringray. Looks like the Stingray is just a WagonR Vxi + or the other way round while the lower variants will be the existing wagonr.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 20:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Wait a minute, I see the projector lamps only on the Vxi+ and so is the chrome grill. Does that mean the Lxi and Vxi is the regular wagonr? If not I would love to see a non chrome grill with the face of the stringray. Looks like the Stingray is just a WagonR Vxi + or the other way round while the lower variants will be the existing wagonr.
Yes, you are right. It might be that way.

The Stingray didn't have Roofrails, the car pictured above doesn't have it either. But in the feature list, there is a mention of Roofrail on the LXI Trim. So I guess, this new VXi+ version might be the Stingray while the LXI would be the Regular WagonR.

But wait, I don't think any manufacturer would change the face for different variants of same car. So, in that sense, we might actually see this Stingray Face across all versions of this New WagonR.

Maybe the grille will be different on the lower versions. A picture of LXI, LXI+ will give us the idea. How I wish Maruti offered this Blue color in WagonR when it was launched. Just like you, i too had a Breeze Blue WagonR.
Old 16th January 2017, 21:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Whoever thought of using the word "Minor" for a car.
The Morris Minor, an icon.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 21:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

The title of this thread is a bit misleading.

Understood, that internally within Maruti it may be called "Minor".
But when you start calling it WagonR Minor publically, it implies that there is/will be a WagonR "Major" as well - which is not yet a fact.

WagonR Refresh sounds more logical and factual (as confirmed in post number 16).

Simply put - its the "minor facelifted" WagonR - and not a Minor version of existing WagonR.

Last edited by DCEite : 16th January 2017 at 21:57.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 23:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a waste of the stingRay!

Maruti, Why you could have simply brought the 'StingRay' as the all new WagonR instead of badging it as a sister car and going nowhere with this approach?

I know the car is selling but that doesn't mean you will just do anything!

Please, bring an all new WagonR!!!
Old 17th January 2017, 09:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems like MS is on a stock clearance spree before they launch the new WagonR sometime next year. They must be having sufficient stock of Stingray parts/units and hence, they have included this model as the top variant of the existing model lineup. I don't see much difference between this model and their signature move of launching "limited" edition models.

Slightly OT, apart from looks, (Looks are subjective and I won't comment on that) I feel buying this model is risky. In case of any need for replacement of the external parts (lights-front and rear, tail gate, bonnet, side skirts and probably some more) parts availability might be a problem for a rare low-selling model compared to the high selling normal WagonR.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 11:18   #25
BHPian

re: Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant

A couple of week back I inquired at MS showroom in rajasthan about Stingray, on which they were offering heavy discounts during diwali period, and I was informed that it has been discontinued . Well in my view, the stingray did make the wagon-r look and feel more contemporary, though much remained desired, such as bluetooth connectivity, etc.

Still happy if stingray replaces the current gen, and hopefully they do refresh looks and add some features from the swifts, balenos, ignis and the like, as it is still among the most competent product from MS stable.
Old 17th January 2017, 19:46   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant

GaadiWaadi spies have caught up with the LXi and the VXi variants of the WagonR "Refresh" (aka Minor).

Quote:
As subtle as it gets, the MY2017 WagonR gets dual-tone dashboard with black and beige colour scheme. The seat covers are adorned with beige material while the door trim touches do make it look slightly upmarket. The LXi badge sticker is removed and it is the only exterior change.

However, the major change is the addition of Stingray into the regular lineup as VXi+ variant. This effectively means the WagonR Stingray range, which is essentially an embellished version of regular model, will no longer exist. The Stingray moniker will be shelved and it will simply be known as WagonR.
Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi5.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi3.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi7.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi6.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi4.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi8.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-2017marutisuzukiwagonrlxivxi9.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 21:05   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Maybe the grille will be different on the lower versions. A picture of LXI, LXI+ will give us the idea. How I wish Maruti offered this Blue color in WagonR when it was launched. Just like you, i too had a Breeze Blue WagonR.
I told you These days I have had enough of Maruti Suzuki experiences to kind of guess what moves they will come up with. Totally absurd IMO. Now my next guess is this Vxi + will be priced exorbitantly compared to the Vxi( at least 40k difference) and it will go the same way as the stingray. I wonder who comes up with such ideas within MS. On one side, we have people dishing out brilliant products like the Baleno, S-Cross and so and on the other we have this team of people who create all show but no go with such strategies, special edition and fancy names for the same old product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
GaadiWaadi spies have caught up with the LXi and the VXi variants of the WagonR "Refresh" (aka Minor).
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 21:28   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Totally absurd IMO.
What is even more absurd is that normal WagonR aka VXi has a rear fog lamp whereas the supposedly more expensive Stingray aka VXi+ skimps on it.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 18:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Maruti WagonR gets new top-end VXi+ variant

Maruti Suzuki has introduced a new top-end variant of the WagonR. Called the VXi+, this new trim level is basically the Stingray model. It is available with manual as well as automatic variants.

Features on offer with the WagonR VXi+ include projector headlamps, a reflective front grille, alloy wheels and side skirts. Meanwhile, the interiors get a dual tone theme along with piano black inserts. Additionally, there is also an optional trim on offer, which adds dual airbags, ABS and EBD.

With the said variant addition, Maruti has also added a new Midnight Blue shade to the WagonR's colour palette. The car is now available with 7 colour options - Midnight Blue, Breeze Blue, Passion Red, Silky Silver, Glistening Grey, Superior White and Bakers Chocolate.

Prices (ex-showroom Delhi)
• WagonR VXi+ - Rs. 4,69,840
• WagonR VXi+ (O) - Rs. 4,89,072
• WagonR VXi+ AGS - Rs. 5,17,253
• WagonR VXi+ AGS (O) - Rs. 5,36,486

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-c3kqqugweae1h5c.jpg

Stingray with WagonR badging and black & beige interiors. EDIT: It's a new top-end VXi+ variant-c3kqv2wiaaj9ir.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 19:24   #30
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This has got to be a very rare instance in the Indian market when a car's topmost variant misses not one, but three features found on even the lowest variant - roof rails, side body mouldings and rear fog lamp (from the looks of it).

I do like the new shade of blue, though.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks