BHPian

Re: Indian Police Cars

Delhi Police too got Innova's these days as replacement for Tavera's
Old 9th July 2013, 19:04   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Gujarat police to get Polaris RZR S 800 ATV's !!!

Attachment 1108017

RZR S 800 has a 760cc twin-cylinder engine that puts out 54bhp.

The ATV will help the Gujarat Police in areas like routine patrol in inaccessible terrains, coastal patrol and vigilance, rough terrain, rapid pursuit operations, maintaining vigil around sensitive and hi-security zone

Gujarat police will be the 1st to use ATVs in India

Source: http://www.motoroids.com/news/gujara...zr-s-800-atvs/
Chennai Police have been using ATVs for patrol in beaches for quite sometime. I remember seeing them in Eliot's beach in Chennai way back in 2010.
veyron_head is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 21:18   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops ! Sorry i just went as per the motoroids report, did a quick research & you were right

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Chennai Police have been using ATVs for patrol in beaches for quite sometime. I remember seeing them in Eliot's beach in Chennai way back in 2010.
There they are

Indian Police Cars-30thbeach_299028f.jpg

Pic Source: Google
karan561 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 21:41   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Oops ! Sorry i just went as per the motoroids report, did a quick research & you were right

There they are

Pic Source: Google
Doesn't the Bombay police have a 6 wheeled atv contraption on chowpatty beach? If I remember correctly they were bought for "beach patrolling" soon after 26/11. Safe to say I've never actually seen them (the atvs or the police on them) in action
Old 9th July 2013, 22:14   #215
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Doesn't the Bombay police have a 6 wheeled atv contraption on chowpatty beach? If I remember correctly they were bought for "beach patrolling" soon after 26/11. Safe to say I've never actually seen them (the atvs or the police on them) in action
Yes, they do. There is one at Aksa Beach, Madh Island as well. Have seen them using it once in all these years.
Old 28th September 2013, 09:36   #216
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

wonder the plight of the officer who steps out of this vehicle at a crime scene... will anybody take him seriously ?
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Police Cars-tatananopolicepatrolvehiclefrontthreequartersleft.jpg  

Indian Police Cars-tatananopolicepatrolvehiclerearview1024x682.jpg  

Indian Police Cars-tatananopolicepatrolvehiclefirstaidkitandtorchlight.jpg  

Indian Police Cars-tatananopolicepatrolvehicledispatcher1024x682.jpg  

venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 11:09   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
wonder the plight of the officer who steps out of this vehicle at a crime scene... will anybody take him seriously ?
Maybe that's the best police car for our crowded cities as it can squeeze through the smallest gaps. No point in having a fast car if an auto rikshaw can out run you. But yeah I get what you're saying. Stepping out of a Nano won't do the Police officer's macho image any good. But hey, at least Tata can sell a few Nanos this way.
Santoshbhat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 12:15   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I give total respect to TATA in this specific attempt as Corporate Social Responsibility aspect. Technically it may not be suffice as the police job includes run chases and driving in adverse terrains and weathers. But full marks to TATA in terms of a good initiative.

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:15   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just curious have you driven one in crowded areas of any one of our major metro's. she can run circles around a MAJORITY of cars, not to mention some breath taking take off at signals from standstill up to city cruising speeds, goes like a scolded cat. I drive a E250cdi, ertiga, and nano, and when I drive the nano it cuts my travel time by close to 30%. Have you experienced first hand people's reaction when a cop steps out of smart car in EU?, no one laughs but then that's why we are still in the jungle as a country

Also could not understand the confusing nature of your post on this thread, tastefully modified thread!
cheerio

Last edited by canonball : 28th September 2013 at 22:22.
canonball is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 23:19   #220
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "canonball
goes like a scolded cat.! cheerio
The expression is 'scalded cat' not 'scolded cat'

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th September 2013 at 08:17. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 23:30   #221
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Just curious have you driven one in crowded areas of any one of our major metro's. she can run circles around a MAJORITY of cars, not to mention some breath taking take off at signals from standstill up to city cruising speeds, goes like a scolded cat. I drive a E250cdi, ertiga, and nano, and when I drive the nano it cuts my travel time by close to 30%. Have you experienced first hand people's reaction when a cop steps out of smart car in EU?, no one laughs but then that's why we are still in the jungle as a country
Also could not understand the confusing nature of your post on this thread, tastefully modified thread!
cheerio
why so serious ? the post was in jest, no arguments about the practicality as a city police car, at all. Btw, i do think the car IS INDEED 'tastefully' done up.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 23:32   #222
Senior - BHPian

The police nano has a neatly integrated audio system with Bluetooth. Thumbs up!!
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 11:33   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

cheerio
No offence but the reason you cut down your commute by the claimed 30% is because you don't rive your nano zig zag thru traffic, slowing everyone else down in the process. Learn to drive iin lane my friend, and we all might get to work 30% faster regardless of car size.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 12:11   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The expression is 'scalded cat' not 'scolded cat'
Thanks hinglish is not my first language....I am now more equipped to cope with it...cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
No offence but the reason you cut down your commute by the claimed 30% is because you don't rive your nano zig zag thru traffic, slowing everyone else down in the process. Learn to drive iin lane my friend, and we all might get to work 30% faster regardless of car size.
Valid point, but at this point the all round selfishness and majority of folks intensely apathetic to bringing about any change, simply lost my patience after seeing all around anarchy multiply. I tried hard to share my experiences, inculcate some of things I imbibed i was an NRI these past 15 years after being back in india, but unfortunately it seems to be changing me. I am at the end of wits and frankly care two hoots. My belief we will never wake from our slumber unless the anarchy accelerates and is felt every second and cuts into livelihood and breathing space.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th September 2013 at 11:39. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:29   #225
Senior - BHPian

Hi team, As per a news clipping in today's HT; Delhi Cops shall get sports bikes to drive criminals away. The Delhi police are planning to get 150 Honda CBR bikes at price of INR 1.5 Lac each. The step is taken to curb the chain-snatching cases.

thanks

AD
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Police Cars-scan0003.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks