Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2006, 13:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

In india often the law-enforcers are the ones who keep flouting the rules,Hopefully we dont have killer accents on the road and these cops are given some kind of training for transition to the accents which are much more capable in terms of speeds,steering response,acceleration etc than the jeeps they are driving now.
Old 27th October 2006, 14:14   #62
Senior - BHPian

Saw quite a few of the Accents on the road. Look nice and being CRDi, should save us some public money. Hyundai and the ruling formation have a history of being quite chummy and so this does not come as a surprise.
Old 27th October 2006, 15:23   #63
BHPian

saw one of these on south usman road last night....i was parked into one of the streets and suddenly noticed bright flashing lights and loud sirens.....thought it was an ambulance or something and then i noticed this accent loaded with about 6-7 policemen inside "ripping" through busy usman road, having the public scurrying out of the way. Thought these guys were rushing to an emergency call or something and then I notice them pull up to the roadside at the signal and about 4 cops bail out, pot bellies and all and grinning from ear to ear. Looks like they were hitching a ride in the car with their colleagues. Where was the need for the flashing lights and the sirens and that speed, i'm yet to figure out......
Old 27th October 2006, 22:57   #64
BHPian

Coolest Cop Cars (Business Week Slideshow) http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/10/cops/index_01.htm

"Specially tricked-out vehicles give police departments around the world the edge they need for catching the bad guys"

a Lamborghini Gallardo in Italy, The new Dodge Charger being marketed in the US, Volvos, Priuses, Mercedeses and all.

Related Story http://www.businessweek.com/autos/co...016_314763.htm

Last edited by vishwas : 27th October 2006 at 23:06.
Old 28th October 2006, 19:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Saw one on the Kotturpuram road, driven on the centre of the road, very slowly, and being a pain for other users by making everyone drive slowly behind them.

On finally overtaking, I glanced inside to see a constable driving, but concentrating more on talking with a lady constable riding shotgun.
Old 28th October 2006, 21:18   #66
BHPian

anyone taken a color pic of the police accents???
Old 28th October 2006, 21:31   #67
GTS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
anyone taken a color pic of the police accents???
Wonder what would be the reaction of the Chennai cops if anyone took a snap of their spanking new Accents!
Old 29th October 2006, 11:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

__

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
there is a dept called DGS&D (Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals). any mfr. could get his product regd. with this dept.(from a safety pin to a Truck) for a fixed price agreed by both the govt. as well as the seller.
The DGS&D might be for the Military and the Paramilitary...the state police does not avail that service.
Old 29th October 2006, 11:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
>> MP's and MLA's do not get anything. What the MP's get is the MP Bus that ferries them from Parliament back into the MP hostel...if they are lodged there.
That is the bus service given to the MPs to come to the parliament. I don't think they use the bus while they tour their constituency.
Old 30th October 2006, 13:42   #70
BHPian

hey guys,

just heard that hyundai is planning to donate 25 Sonata's to the TN Govt so that they could be used by the police officers at a more senior level. Got this info from one of my pals who visits Hyundai on a regular basis for his corporate dealings....can anyone else confirm this ?
Old 30th October 2006, 14:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

wonder what the TN govt is going to donate in return. i think we dont have the right to know, right guys ?? maybe 5000 acres of prime cultivable land at the cost of a few thousand farmers' lives, i guess. i seriously hope not.
Old 30th October 2006, 14:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:
wonder what the TN govt is going to donate in return. i think we dont have the right to know, right guys ?? maybe 5000 acres of prime cultivable land at the cost of a few thousand farmers' lives, i guess. i seriously hope not.
I guess this is a marketing strategy. Must be like an advertisement. More hyundai cars on road is definitely an advertisement. If Sonata is given to senior police officers that will be a good ad for the car.
Old 30th October 2006, 16:18   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just saw this ad in the Hindu (24/10/2006). Hyundai is gifting 100 Accents to the Chennai City Police. Take a look.

Sign of the times, i guess.

comments, guys.
Not for stock clearance, I hope! Are these petrol/diesel variants? If petrol then any Indian police force will have to lay-off a few policemen to afford running the cars! But - good publicity and PR from Hyundai.
Old 30th October 2006, 16:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Not for stock clearance, I hope! Are these petrol/diesel variants? If petrol then any Indian police force will have to lay-off a few policemen to afford running the cars! But - good publicity and PR from Hyundai.
all are CRDI. here are a few pics taken from the Deccan Chronicle a few days back, comparing the CCPD with NYPD. lol

I Will post some good pics as soon as i am able to shoot them.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 30th October 2006 at 16:35.
Old 30th October 2006, 16:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

its the CRDe. looks very nifty, and ala NYPD style:: the flashy blue and red lights with the cruise mode and siren mode!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks