Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2018, 12:45   #301
BHPian

Re: Indian Police Cars

100 units of the Mahindra TUV300 have been allocated for Maharashtra Police.

Indian Police Cars-mahindratuv300police_625x300_1526971062124.jpg
Flyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 15:20   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Not cars, but bikes..Suzuki distributing helmets at Rajeev Chowk and handing over customised Gixxer SFs to the Gurgaon Traffic Police.

Indian Police Cars-suzz.jpg

ACI
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:36   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
100 units of the Mahindra TUV300 have been allocated for Maharashtra Police.
Spotted these 2 in Dadar, near the Shivaji Park Police station. Looks good in the livery, especially standing beside that bus.
Indian Police Cars-img_3578.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:18   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki has handed over customised Gixxers to the Nagpur Traffic Police.

Indian Police Cars-pol1.jpg

Indian Police Cars-pol.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 18:08   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

TUV 300 gets inducted to Andhra Pradesh police fleet of cars!

Quote:
These TUV300s are part of the 242 TUV300s that have been recently inducted into the Andhra Pradesh Police fleet.

The Mahindra TUV300s, powered by the mHawk 100 engine, are the newest addition to the patrolling vehicle fleet of Andhra Pradesh police.
Indian Police Cars-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 07:42   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Society for Safe Gurugram, a non governmental organization working to make the Gurugram safer for its citizens, has just donated six Mahindra Scorpio SUV's to the police force.

Indian Police Cars-1.jpg

Link
Old 25th February 2019, 09:01   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TUV 300 gets inducted to Andhra Pradesh police fleet of cars!
Do Indian police departments really need TUV300 ? In Bengaluru, police drive around in Ertigas and in Chennai, they drive around in Innovas !!!

For a poor country, our police departments sure do have expensive tastes.
We should restrict police to only buying either two wheelers or some pretty basic hatchbacks like the Swift, Baleno, Figo etc.

They really don't need to be driving around in MUVs in congested cities, it's an utter waste of the taxpayer's money.

Last edited by ampere : 25th February 2019 at 09:09. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Dhiwakar92 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 10:07   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiwakar92 View Post
Do Indian police departments really need TUV300 ? In Bengaluru, police drive around in Ertigas and in Chennai, they drive around in Innovas !!!

For a poor country, our police departments sure do have expensive tastes.
We should restrict police to only buying either two wheelers or some pretty basic hatchbacks like the Swift, Baleno, Figo etc.

They really don't need to be driving around in MUVs in congested cities, it's an utter waste of the taxpayer's money.
While I disagree on the two-wheeler part, I would say sturdy compact cars (hatchback or CSUV) should be used. The Police need reliability and agility along with some basic comfort to perform their duty. Anything more is sheer waste of resources IMO.

Here in Hyderabad, the local Police used up a batch of last gen Innova and has now moved on to a fleet of Crysta. They seem to be enjoying the uber luxury cars. Frequently, I see these Crystas parked by the side of the road, idling, AC on, senior cops inside the cars and a couple of juniors roaming around or trying to catch the traffic offenders.

TUV is a good candidate as a police car, considering all its qualities. It is decently fast, frugal on fuel and maintenance, has good space and comfort and is rugged. For the price of 1 Crysta, you can get almost 3 TUVs.
Old 25th February 2019, 10:44   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Society for Safe Gurugram, a non governmental organization working to make the Gurugram safer for its citizens, has just donated six Mahindra Scorpio SUV's to the police force.
These seem to be various different variants of the Scorpio. Have they been bought used?
Old 31st August 2019, 22:26   #310
BHPian

Kolkata Police inducts 58 TUV3OOs into their fleet! Seems like the no nonsense nature of the TUV is much liked by the Police departments.

Indian Police Cars-fb_img_1567270282499.jpg

Indian Police Cars-fb_img_1567270298292.jpg
(Source: Facebook)
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 20:11   #311
BHPian

Haryana police adds Isuzu S cab to its fleet. IMO a vehicle which suits better to police's needs than the Ertiga bought earlier.

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Police Cars-fb_img_1567345562142.jpg  

PetrolheadRup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:03   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Kolkata Police inducts 58 TUV3OOs into their fleet!
The Maharashtra and Andhra police had already adopted the TUV 300 prior to this; I even saw a TUV in the temple town of Tirupati with a 360 degree camera mounted on its top earlier this year.
Quote:
Seems like the no nonsense nature of the TUV is much liked by the Police departments.
We found ourselves overtaken by TN governor Banwarilal Purohit's secure cavalcade on the Chennai-Madurai highway in October 2018. After sidelining every other vehicle, they allowed us to travel albeit at a gap after the cavalcade had passed by. There were still a lot of police department Boleros zipping past us busily. A lot of policemen were found walking here and there by the side of the highway.

Anyway, we had just gladly resumed our trip when we were suddenly flagged down by a bunch of cops. It was pitch dark at perhaps 8 PM. I felt nervous thinking I'd maybe broken some traffic rule (as unreal as it sounded even to me). As we pulled over and waited by the side of the highway, two cops walked over to the car. It turned out that they had mistaken our silver TUV for one of their Department's fleet of Mahindras All they wanted was to get home for dinner and I offered to drop them off but they politely declined I guessed since my wife and daughter were in the car.

My long and winding incident only goes to show how easily a TUV 300 would blend in amongst a sea of police vehicles.

But this was an unkind trick on my 3 year old daughter since we threaten her with the cops everytime she plays truant at home. She was so scared to see cops talking to us that she actually shouted out to them - "I ate dinner like my mom asked me to, please don't take me away"
locusjag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 22:51   #313
BHPian

Have been seeing lots of new vernas in delhi as delhi police cars, not sure if they are patrol cars or cars used to ferry senior police officials (ips, etc.)
Old 7th November 2019, 11:22   #314
BHPian

Of the recently inducted fleet of TUV3OO's and Hexa's to the State Excise Department "Striking Force" - Kerala

There was a video showcasing this, shall post as an when I trace it.

Indian Police Cars-hexa-1.jpg

Indian Police Cars-hexa-2.jpg

Source: Respective Owners on their Facebook page
peterjim13 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 13:37   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suzuki has handed over customised Gixxers to the Nagpur Traffic Police.
I wonder what the policemen think of these bikes after a few months of usage now. As a office ride the Gixxer isn't that bad. But how does it hold as a long term police work-horse. The posture isn't exactly very practical for patrolling/pilot/chase duties IMHO. The men in khakis may start complaining of back pains!

Most Viewed