Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 11:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Thank you to MyCarHelpline for the heads up!

In September last year, Ford India had made a price cut of up to Rs. 2.82 lakh on the Trend variants of the Endeavour SUV. The automaker has now updated its price list for the 2017 models, which has resulted in a hike of up to Rs. 2.85 lakh for the Endeavour, thus restoring its pre-September prices with a minor additional hike. For the 2017 models, the Endeavour range is priced from Rs. 23.78 lakh to Rs. 30.89 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Compared to the price list applicable post the September price cut, the 2.2 4x4 MT Trend variant has received the biggest hike of Rs. 2.85 lakh. It now costs Rs. 26.63 lakh. Similarly, the 3.2 4x4 AT Trend trim has received a price hike of Rs. 1.75 lakh and is now priced at Rs. 27.68 lakh. Prices of the entry-level 2.2 4x2 AT Trend haven't been changed.

If we compare the MY2017 prices to the September price list, the 2.2 4x2 AT Titanium has received a hike of Rs. 42,200 while prices of the 3.2 4x4 AT Titanium have been upped by Rs. 1.12 lakh. It must be noted that prices of the Titanium variants were also increased in December last year, hence the said price hike includes the December as well as January increments.

Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back-2.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 25th January 2017 at 11:41.
dZired is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 12:55   #2
BHPian

re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

It was just yesterday in the Ignis thread that people were debating why Figo doesn't sell much despite being a superb product. Hope this clarifies why people just don't TRUST Ford!
RaghuVis is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 14:26   #3
BHPian

re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Wonder what prompted them to go with two separate price hikes in consecutive months. This yo-yo pricing strategy indicates a confused bunch in the pricing strategy department or they know something we don't.

Buying a Ford now is like spot trading or airplane ticket booking.
Karthik_S is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 14:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the Ford India has no control over pricing, they are receiving overseas dictate for such changes.

It can also happen that the Ford India management is equally frustrated due to such kind of absurd decisions.

Amused !
i74js is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 14:59   #5
BHPian

The earlier drop seems to be a temporary price adjustment to clear some inventory. Current prices are very competitive and VFM. There is nothing much to fret here.
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 15:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
The earlier drop seems to be a temporary price adjustment to clear some inventory. Current prices are very competitive and VFM. There is nothing much to fret here.
If it was VFM pricing, how come there was a requirement to clear off parked inventory !

The Indian operations are part of a goofed up strategy. They focused on exports when people were waiting for delivery of EcoSport in India.

Even for the Endy, right from very beginning, the product marketing strategy didn't work out well. There are not many Endys visible on road; inconsistence behavior for whatever reasons in not appreciated by customers in todays time.

Topmost trim is on road is at INR 3.5 million, which is a good amount of money by any standards and so will be the customer who is ready to shell out such money. They better play it safe when it comes to premium customers.

Ford should have alteast waited until budget, which is just round the corner and adjusted prices accordingly; what will they do if there are any changes announced for Auto sector in Budget? Or do they have an idea that there will be nothing for them this year !
i74js is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 13:35   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik_S View Post
This yo-yo pricing strategy indicates a confused bunch in the pricing strategy department or they know something we don't.
Well said. This is sheer recklessness on the part of Ford.

Consider that most people take 2 - 3 months of shopping before deciding on a car. Such folk will hear a different price every time they walk into a Ford showroom .

Quote:
Buying a Ford now is like spot trading or airplane ticket booking.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 16:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik_S View Post
Wonder what prompted them to go with two separate price hikes in consecutive months. This yo-yo pricing strategy indicates a confused bunch in the pricing strategy department or they know something we don't.
Apart from price hike, Trend models production has been suspended until at least April 2017. If this is true, i'm wondering why did they announce the price hike for Trend models now ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html
Old 29th January 2017, 02:35   #9
BHPian

After the price cut the Endy was in Crysta territory. A few of my friends had booked the Endy after seeing a marginal difference between the Crysta and the Endy. I don't think now they will consider it again after the price hike. Very confusing strategy by Ford. Too many price changes will affect customer mindset and brand image. They should take a leaf out of Toyota's book on how Toyota has given back to back hits with Crysta and New Fortuner.
New advertisements on Television won't help but ground work and customer satisfaction will help in building the brand.
pratiksinhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 06:41   #10
BHPian

I am one of those who was about to buy a Trend 2.2 MT 4x4. The sudden increase in price by 2.86 Lakhs has put me off. Why should I buy it when I know others bought the same variant at 2.86 Lakhs less a few days back?

Looks like Ford India is out to kill a great product with its unexplainable pricing flip flop strategy.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 06:52   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
After the price cut the Endy was in Crysta territory. A few of my friends had booked the Endy after seeing a marginal difference between the Crysta and the Endy. I don't think now they will consider it again after the price hike. Very confusing strategy by Ford. Too many price changes will affect customer mindset and brand image. They should take a leaf out of Toyota's book on how Toyota has given back to back hits with Crysta and New Fortuner.
New advertisements on Television won't help but ground work and customer satisfaction will help in building the brand.

Just submitting that all Toyota's products in this segment, such as the Innova, Innova Crysta and Fortuner have all been way overpriced all these years given what they offer and given what their prices are in the International market.
Not to say that Ford's current strategy is correct, but just putting things in perspective vis a vis Toyota.
Old 3rd February 2017, 07:04   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess this move was just a hoax to create a pseudo-VFM image in the minds of consumers, and that was the time when the All new Fortuner was about to be launched.

Once the Fortuner was launched, and most of the reviews rated Endeavour slightly ahead of the new Toyota, Ford hiked the prices again to its previous level. This IMO was more like a wait-n-watch strategy.

This is precisely the reason why people still don't trust Ford. They employed a similar strategy when they reduced Ecosport prices overnight sensing a strong competition(aka Vitara Brezza).

I won't be surprised if they again drop the Endy's prices because of falling sales.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 3rd February 2017 at 07:05.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Just submitting that all Toyota's products in this segment, such as the Innova, Innova Crysta and Fortuner have all been way overpriced all these years given what they offer and given what their prices are in the International market.
Not to say that Ford's current strategy is correct, but just putting things in perspective vis a vis Toyota.

Toyota is reliable when it comes to pricing. They don't make the customers feel bad or disheartened by their policy.

Moreover I have been an Innova user for almost a decade and an old Endy user. I know how difficult it is to get the Innova going with minimum time required for servicing, whereas for the old Endy the dealership never had spares in stock and would usually take a week for the work to be done.

Keeping the hassle free experience in mind I was comparing the new Endy with the toyotas. Ford needs to come a long way.
pratiksinhal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well said. This is sheer recklessness on the part of Ford.

Consider that most people take 2 - 3 months of shopping before deciding on a car. Such folk will hear a different price every time they walk into a Ford showroom .
Yes. You're talking about me.

I decided against Ford for this reason. What Ford has done is not giving me confidence. Learn from Toyota. What something started around 8-9 lakhs is now 15 lakhs - the Innova starting price. The price *never* came down. What it does to the resale value of the vehicle is unimaginable. 2013 Innova bought for 14.5 lakhs is being quoted 13 lakhs in second hand market. It gives lot of confidence to the Toyota customer. But look at Ford. How many price changes in 6 months upwards and downwards.
There is no logic of pricing a manual higher than an Automatic. To the end customer even if it has something so advanced like Terrain Management etc.

No good. Ford lost a customer in me. Also existing customers might have felt the same.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:59   #15
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.85 lakh, earlier price cut rolled back

Now thinking from Ford's side.

When they launched they did it with a good pricing. Still people were not happy and said Ford is expensive. Plus Ford faced this interesting challenge that their Titanium variants were in demand vs the lower trims. With so much of Trend kits and the worry of clearing them they lowered the prices.

1) The ones who got the Trends at higher prices would have had a short term hit of lower resale, if they sold during that period. I hardly see any car up for sale (just one or two in the whole of India - referring, OLX, Team-bhp) so don't think that's an issue.
2) The others got their cars for lower price
3) Now that the pricing is back to the higher levels, it satisfies both 1 & 2. Isn't it ? (like Toyota)

I'd have been upset if Ford kept reducing the price and not increasing. Yes, it hurts the ones who want to buy a new car but the existing owners will be relieved. Such discounting happens with every company. Toyota was offering upto 1 Lakh on the previous gen Fortuner towards the end (not publicized though)

I only hope Ford will not do this downward revision/discount next time. They should know very well that consistency is the key deliverable (be it service, reliability, pricing) if they need to compete against the Goliath (Fortuner)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks