Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 11:20   #136
BHPian

re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

WR-V's design - debatable
Is it just me or do you also think Honda is trying too hard and over-designing? It gets stare-worthy points not because it commands attention but demands.

That character reflects in the diamond cut 16" alloys in the new City too. Why is it that Hyundai pulls off 16" diamond cuts way, way better than the Honda.
Old 21st February 2017, 11:44   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post
Why is it that Hyundai pulls off 16" diamond cuts way, way better than the Honda.
Probably because of the intent to start off with? Hyundai has been very serious about India being one of their major markets and their product offerings prove that.

<startRant>
Whereas for HONDA, India seems to be kinda 3rd world country who don't deserve their supreme products. So we get built-to-cost offerings in tuned down/patchwork version. Look at the entire lineup and none actually feel desirable except for the CITY(to some extent). All the talk about being a premium brand ain't gonna take them anywhere. They were a premium brand(maybe) a decade back but now they are no better than a Maruti/Hyundai. First put the money where your mouth is(better products), that itself will prove premium-stand not just exorbitant pricing.
<endRant>

No offence to owners here, I myself own a BRIO and other than the sweet iVtec & handling, there's not 1 single point where I find it better than my 6 year old Estilo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Notice something in this below image ?

A Sunroof

I can clearly see cutout for the glass opening.
Maybe this is the ZX offering like HONDA CITY?

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st February 2017 at 11:51.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

Notice something in this below image ?

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_20170221_114452.jpg

A Sunroof

I can clearly see cutout for the glass opening.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:49   #139
psn
BHPian

I think the exteriors look fabulous for a sub-4 meter wanna-be SUV. However, I feel that Honda, since the last 4-5 years, mainly with the advent of the previous gen Honda city, is making the interiors look too busy and cluttered.
Multiple materials, lines, shapes and colors.
The ANHC of 2008 looked clean and simple, and yet was never impractical. The simple swooping line which started from one end and ended at the other end looked so pleasing to the eye.
This design philosophy for the interiors just isn't working for me.
Old 21st February 2017, 11:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Look at the entire lineup and none actually feel desirable except for the CITY(to some extent).
I agree with you. I think, if one has to strip down the badges from all these cars, there's no clear differentiator as to why one should choose most of Honda's products.

Earlier for Honda, it used to be about the product defining the brand - the first few generations of the City, Prev-gen Jazz, Civic, Accord. But now, Honda makes you feel like you buy their products simply because of the badge, that also makes them think they can rightfully price products ambitiously.
Old 21st February 2017, 12:12   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post
Is it just me or do you also think Honda is trying too hard and over-designing?
Yes, I agree. And even if I am against the over-designing of cars, I kind of like this WR-V compared to its stable mates Jazz, BR-V and Mobilio. That says enough about how un-inspiring the latter 3 are for me!

And this image shows Honda's intention of imitating the aggressiveness of Ecosport headlamps, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-wrv2.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 12:43   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yes, I agree. And even if I am against the over-designing of cars, I kind of like this WR-V compared to its stable mates Jazz, BR-V and Mobilio. That says enough about how un-inspiring the latter 3 are for me!

And this image shows Honda's intention of imitating the aggressiveness of Ecosport headlamps, IMO.
Looking at the condition at which this is shipped. I wont be surprised if this particular car is delivered with swirls all over the place and scratches on the glass
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 14:38   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Looking at the condition at which this is shipped. I wont be surprised if this particular car is delivered with swirls all over the place and scratches on the glass
It will likely be delivered to an unsuspecting customer. Infact this is the case with most cars. When they are lying in the yard, they catch a lot of dust and dirt. They drive it to the service station, wash it and clean it with the same cloth over and over again. They also apply some funny liquid which conceals the swirls until the owner figures it out weeks later or after the first wash. BTW, Teflon coat (which is a joke in itself) can conceal it well. By then the damage is already done and the onus on the shoulder of the buyer. This is why if you ask any detailing guy, almost all new cars get better with a paint protection. There's paint overspray even at companies like Honda!

From what I have seen personally, TATA cars are one of the best when it comes to paint, Volkswagen being the leader.
Old 21st February 2017, 15:08   #144
Senior - BHPian

I hope Honda doesn't repeat 2 mistakes:
1. No magic seats except in top version
2. No top version in automatic.

I test rode the Jazz CVT, and found the engine to be strictly ok. For a heavier car, it would be interesting to see the performance of the 1.2L engine.

As per salesman, this gap in comparable versions of Jazz and WrV would be around 1lakh on road.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 15:59   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I hope Honda doesn't repeat 2 mistakes:
1. No magic seats except in top version
2. No top version in automatic.

as per sources in this thread , theres not going to be an automatic in the wrv
Old 21st February 2017, 16:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

The Honda salesman was quite positive that there would be a n automatic. Would this be the only Honda petrol on sale now with no automatic version? Also, that dashboard looked great at first, but now almost all cars in the Honda showroom has the same basic design of the dash.

Curious to see how this turns up.
Old 25th February 2017, 10:27   #147

This was my first sight of a feature rich handsome compact SUV

Cute White DRLs , but not LEDs I think.

Sunroof present. Much better positioned than my City.

Gorgeous black interior.

Rear seats are foldable.

Touchscreen infotainment with navigation.

Meter console and layout more or less same as City.

6 speed manual transmission and i-dtec.

I do miss the stylish shark fin antenna.

Pictures are a little dark due to light limitations at the dealership garage.

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00001.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00002.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00003.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00004.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00005.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00006.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00007.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00008.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-image00009.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2017 at 10:27. Reason: Watermarking :)
Balz of Fire is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 12:00   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balz of Fire View Post
This was my first sight of a feature rich handsome compact SUV
This looks better than I thought it would. Sunroof, start/stop button etc point to what Honda meant by premium positioning. I am guessing S and SV to be missing a host of niceties, but still include most of the important stuff, to price it better while V and VX take it up a notch and are priced really premium. They did the same with City.

Can you confirm on the seating position, whether it was more hatch like or SUV like?
Old 25th February 2017, 12:49   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balz of Fire View Post
How come VX ivtec doesn't get Push Start and Cruise Control whereas VX idtec gets them?

Please check this for VX ivtec interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Last edited by varunswnt : 25th February 2017 at 13:13.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

I think Honda should ditch the 1.2 litre engine for anything over the Jazz. Even in the Jazz this engine is just about okay.

They should instead equip the WR-V with the stellar 1.5 petrol that they have in their kitty. Honda in my opinion has lost it's way just like Yamaha. Both these marques made their name in India courtesy their engines - the original City for the Honda and the RX 100 for Yamaha. Yamaha has made a good start and the sales speak for it.

Honda is still floundering about and other than the City have nothing much to show for it. They should hold on to the core strength of great performing engines and bless their product offerings with this quality.

Other manufacturers have go them beat in just about every other department.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks