Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2017, 15:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Fantastic, so it is basically the Jazz-Cross in a new moniker. But that means I'm pretty much booking the Creta as things stand.
Oh!! Congrats. Just asking, why not SCross 1.6?
Old 26th February 2017, 15:34   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!! Congrats. Just asking, why not SCross 1.6?
Because, pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-nox-emissions

97% of diesel cars in EU cheat well over the limit. The sheer list of mfrs with cars that cheat 12x the limit is staggering (H category) including companies like Volvo, Merc, BMW, JLR, Hyundai etc.

As a father of a five year old, I cannot even think of a diesel car given how polluted NCR is.
phamilyman is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 15:43   #168
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

So, the WR-V is 44mm longer, 40mm wider and 57mm higher than the Jazz.
The additional height & width of the WR-V over the Jazz can be easily attributed to the raised suspension, roof rails & side claddings.

Even the additional length can be explained, as the front end has been revised quite a bit.

However, I don't understand how the wheelbase has increased by 25 mm.

Is it because they may have done a few minor modifications to the rear and/or front suspension(s) while jacking it/them up? Possibly in order to accommodate the larger wheels & tyres?

I'm disappointed that all the additional length (within the 4 m mark) has been used up at the front, while the rear bumper continues to exist largely in form only, and boasts of very little function (just like on the Jazz). They should have spared 15 ~ 20 mm for the rear and provided a nice, protruding bumper instead.

Last edited by RSR : 26th February 2017 at 15:51.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 16:00   #169
BANNED

The added wheelbase does show that it is more than a bumper job like the i20cross is. Hope the added ground clearance is aided by a little stiffer springs.

And may I add, petrol SUVs just continue to be boring.(Exception ecosport). The 1.5 in W-RV would have been mighty fun and the Boosterjet in brezza would be a great match. But as of now it seems there isn't much need for a decently powerful Petrol crossover.
Old 26th February 2017, 16:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The added wheelbase does show that it is more than a bumper job like the i20cross is. Hope the added ground clearance is aided by a little stiffer springs.

And may I add, petrol SUVs just continue to be boring.(Exception ecosport). The 1.5 in W-RV would have been mighty fun and the Boosterjet in brezza would be a great match. But as of now it seems there isn't much need for a decently powerful Petrol crossover.
Agreed. The 1.2 engine is no fun at all and to give tough competition to Brezza in diesel department Honda has to price it very competitively which I don't see happening considering the recent premium pricing of City facelift. When will Honda realize it's not a premium brand anymore in India. Their drop in quality from previous generations is quite apparent to everyone.

On a side note this does looks appealing from front at least.
Old 26th February 2017, 17:14   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because, pollution
OMG!

Personally, I do not have such larger heart! I cannot be so considerate considering the bigger damages around us in our personal lives beyond pollution, which we don't have control upon, which affect mine & our family's interests.

Thanks not only for your Daught, but for all our kids too
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 22:04   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Because, pollution.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-nox-emissions

97% of diesel cars in EU cheat well over the limit. The sheer list of mfrs with cars that cheat 12x the limit is staggering (H category) including companies like Volvo, Merc, BMW, JLR, Hyundai etc.

As a father of a five year old, I cannot even think of a diesel car given how polluted NCR is.
The article was good and awakening. Also, Appreciate your thought to avoid Diesel due to the pollution it causes. If more and more people think like you, India(and the World) would be better place to live.
DImPo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 22:43   #173
BHPian

Overdrive posted a live video of the Honda WR-V from Goa a little while back on their Facebook page.

The variant was VX I believe, probably the top end version on the WR-V.

Few things I could capture from the video were:
- Engine options 1.2L iVtec & 1.5L iDtec. No changes to the power output compared to Jazz
- ABS & Airbags are standard across all trims
- iVtec mated to 5 speed MT & iDtec to 6 speed MT
- Claimed FE: iVtec 17kmpl+ & iDtec 25 kmpl+
- Cruise control seems to be available on the iDtec
- Boot space is 9 litres more than the Jazz
- Ground Clearance is 188 mm
- The host claimed that the diesel engine seemed to be more silent than on the City & other Hondas
- Sunroof is present on the VX trim
- The centre console features a touchscreen system which seems to be the same one as on the 2017 City
- Interiors will have option of Black & Silver or Black & Blue colour combination
- Tyres/Wheels: 195/60 R16 with 16 inch alloys (on VX). The car on display was shod with Michelins
- No auto head lights & wipers
- WR-V misses out on the Magic Seats
- No auto-gearbox option as of now
- India will be the first market to get the WR-V
- Overdrive expect the WR-V to be priced 50-60k more than Jazz
- Launch date: 16-Mar-2017

They will be driving it tomorrow so expect more reviews to come in soon!

Last edited by red.devil_19 : 28th February 2017 at 22:46.
red.devil_19 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 23:07   #174
BHPian

Media drive for WR-V is currently on.
  • There will just be 2 variants, S and VX. There is no CVT!
  • Top variants come with Push start, DRLs, Sunroof, Cruise Control etc.
  • Dual Airbags and ABS are standard.
  • 188 mm GC and 16 inch wheels

I expect S to be priced competitively, while the non VFM VX to be close to S-Cross 1.3 Alpha territory, similar to how they dis with entry and top variants of the City.

Tweets below

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.57.46-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.58.01-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.58.30-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.58.16-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.58.43-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.58.55-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-8.59.37-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-9.00.00-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-10.45.32-pm.png

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-screen-shot-20170228-10.45.44-pm.png

Last edited by autorahul : 28th February 2017 at 23:15.
autorahul is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 23:47   #175
Team-BHP Support

These guys are totally jinxed these days, why no Cvt? god only knows and let us wait for earth shattering prices now lol

Honestly I liked the look of the car, from the front best looking Honda in the last 2-3 years. Even thought maybe this can be a worthy replacement for the Santro Auto, then I read the minus Cvt part. Darn!

This will be a huge hit if they undercut the breza at pricing by 10-25k model to model.
Jaggu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 08:57   #176
BHPian

No Automatic (CVT), is a disappointment. Honda, you've lost at least 2 initial prospective owners from my side.

Exclusion of Magic seats from a Cross Over is shocking. Then, what else does WRV do? It's just a regular Jazz with some new boots?

Only welcome feature is the addition of Sunroof. Time is ripe for the Car Manufacturers to Offer customizations from the Manufacturers and not Dealers. In any case, Customers do wait for couple of months for their choice of Cars.
jaaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 09:14   #177
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that India is the world wide premiere of WR-V. No CVT Honda are you joking!? I had a twinge of regret of having booked the City VX-CVT without waiting for this; I'm at peace now!!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 09:22   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
This will be a huge hit if they undercut the breza at pricing by 10-25k model to model.
That's where the Jazz is priced at. WRV is expected to be 50-60k more than Jazz, which should makes it around 40k more expensive than Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Good to hear that India is the world wide premiere of WR-V.
Is it a global product, first of all? I guess it will be limited to Brazil and India as the primary markets.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 10:15   #179
BHPian

What a bummer!

No CVT
No magic seats (rear seats don't even get adjustable headrests)
No cruise control specifically for ivtec variants

No, thank you HONDA! This is soon going to join the ranks of Mobilio and BR-V.

Brezza and Ecosport stand out owing to their SUV looks while WR-V is a crossover looking same as Jazz, so no chances of it threatening these two, i20 Active might need to worry a bit.
varunswnt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 10:27   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
you've lost at least 2 initial prospective owners from my side.
Make that 3. I don't understand Honda. They have the tech and platform ready in Jazz and City, but WR-V misses it!!!

Horses for courses though. I expect Honda to find takers for WR-V since it looks muscular and offers "aspirational" features like sunroof, push button start, touchscreen ICE, etc. Will be a plus from Brezza and EcoSport if they price it competitively.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 1st March 2017 at 10:29.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks