Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2017, 10:52   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

^^ Make that 4. WR-V was the most recommended car in my thread under What Car section, as an alternative to Ecosport AT. But alas out of all the cars they are offering, Honda decides to not offer the CVT on this particular car. The pricing too would be definitely nothing to excite anyone.
drmohitg is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 10:57   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Good to hear that India is the world wide premiere of WR-V. No CVT Honda are you joking!? I had a twinge of regret of having booked the City VX-CVT without waiting for this; I'm at peace now!!
Well didn't AMAZE too have a India debut globally? Please correct me if am wrong?

I believe these are India specific models(thanks to the weird 4m rule) unlike the Ecosport/Elite-i20 , hence nothing much to rejoice if it debuts here. For global market they already have the HR-V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
These guys are totally jinxed these days, why no Cvt? god only knows and let us wait for earth shattering prices now lol
Lol. You answered the question yourself. The prices without CVT itself would be eye-watering am sure. CVT would have shot it over the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Honestly I liked the look of the car, from the front best looking Honda in the last 2-3 years.
This will be a huge hit if they undercut the breza at pricing by 10-25k model to model.
Agreed. This looks much better than the Brio based range(Amaze to BR-V). Not sure if this will be a hit but am sure it will atleast take away the share from the cross versions like polo cross,etios cross, i20 Active etc(I mean whatever they manage to sell).

Cheaper than BREZZA? My friend you are forgetting they are a 'PREMIUM' brand

In addition to that I dont see a reason for undercutting BREZZA. Spacewise this will be the most spacious sub 4m C-SUV(comparable to TUV?) out there. Equipment too looks to have quite a few first in segment and build too is comparable to Maruti. I expect this to be 20-30k above BREZZA if priced sanely but going by HONDA's recent pricing(CITY) this might be 50k above BREZZA to justify their premium-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I expect Honda to find takers for WR-V since it looks muscular and offers "aspirational" features like sunroof, push button start, touchscreen ICE, etc. Will be a plus from Brezza and EcoSport if they price it competitively.
Exactly.

All said and done I honestly don't understand if ECOSPORT can carry the 1.5L petrol engine and still be priced sanely(not to forget its solidly built), how hard is it for HONDA to plonk the 1.5 iVtec in this unless its their arrogance

Last edited by SoumenD : 1st March 2017 at 11:22.
SoumenD is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 11:15   #183
Team-BHP Support

Honda want to 'project' a premium image, not actually give the customer a premium product.

Third world products at first world prices. Good for them if they manage to find customers. Most of their India portfolio suggests otherwise.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 11:48   #184
MCR
BHPian

This will be another Mobilio I think. The biggest joke is offering the same set of features and same Diesel engine in various products ranging from 8 lakhs to 13 Lakhs. So someone who buys a Amaze Sx iDtec for around 9.5 lakh rupees gets almost the same features and a same engine as someone who buys City SV iDtec for 13.5 lakh rupees. So 4 Lakh rupees just for some 400mm more length? Exceptionally Premium!

So to distinguish the W-RV, Honda should have offered it in just top spec variants for both Petrol with CVT and Diesel.
MCR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 12:09   #185
BHPian

A WR-V in diesel automatic guise would have given the much needed differentiation.

I fail to understand why manufacturers shy away from offering a diesel hatch? The Ignis has started a trend, lets hope more manufacturers follow suit.

Almost all manufacturers have the car, the engine and the gear box but they refuse to fuse them together.

IMO - Diesel AT hatch is a huge opportunity
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 13:56   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Honda want to 'project' a premium image, not actually give the customer a premium product.

Third world products at first world prices. Good for them if they manage to find customers. Most of their India portfolio suggests otherwise.
Here is the Brazilian specs for the 'Premium'brand Honda's WR-V which will co-exist with Fit/JAZZ and HR-V.

1.The Honda WR-V will be marketed in the EX and EXL versions always equipped with 1.5 engine and CVT -115 cv to 6,000 rpm and at 4,800 rpm kgfm 15.2. The transmission will be the CVT with torque converter.

2. The equipment will be virtually the same as the EX and EXL versions of Fit/Jazz.
Basically, what changes is the offer in relation to safety items, the FORMER option will have four airbags (front and side) and EXL will have six airbags (front, side and curtain).

3 Speculated prices at R$ and 77000 to have values close to the EXL R$ 85000. ( INR 16.5 - 18 lakhs )

4.The EX VARIANT has the same sound equipment of the HR-V, with audio system with 5-inch LCD display with audio functions AM/FM with CD player CD/MP3/WMA and aux input and USB connection for MP3 players, Flash drive and iPod/iPhone/iPad.
The EXL version will be equipped with central 7-inch multimedia browser

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st March 2017 at 13:59.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:16   #187
BHPian

Just spotted a crew filming the new car on the Goan roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-20170301_150406.jpg  

shadow is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:48   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Just spotted a crew filming the new car on the Goan roads.
Media drive is in progress. Overdrive first drive review is up and they expect pricing between 6.50-10.50 lakhs.

http://m.overdrive.in/reviews/honda-...-drive-review/

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-hondawrv12.jpeg

Edit -

Autocar review-

http://m.autocarindia.com/Reviews/Re...px?CIID=404301

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-20170301114751_wrv3.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st March 2017 at 15:58.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:59   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the Brazilian specs for the 'Premium'brand Honda's WR-V which will co-exist with Fit/JAZZ and HR-V.......
I wouldn't compare/convert prices directly among markets as taxation laws vary, I'm sure we could find places around the world where the converted price is favorable

The problem we have is cars sold in India are moving up the price ladder without offering anything substantially more than their previous iterations.

Before the Crysta and new Fortuner happened, both cars literally doubled in price for pretty much the same car! BR-V is a slightly prettier and marginally better-quipped Mobilio but an entire price segment higher. Honda moved the City to D-segment prices for the 2017 models higher variants, with a diesel engine that won't be amiss in a tractor. Entry level premium segment prices has jumped up a full segment higher in the last half-decade. There are people on here with Skoda cars <5 yrs old that cost nearly 50% less for the exact same car.

Inflation and increased input costs alone can't justify such increments.

Prices going up without value going up is our problem, and adding a few bling features and slapping on an inflated price tag isn't going to change that. Honda of all people should know that by now.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st March 2017 at 16:01.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:46   #190
BHPian

Full marks to Honda, they have taken care of necessary design mods and not customers think this is a Jazz on steroids. Best looking so far as compared with the "hatch-turned" crossovers in market.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:56   #191
BHPian

What's wrong with Honda , I was planning to comment that this is decent looking car and good automatic with CVT-paddle shifts would be a great choice . Then i see that Honda would be not offering CVT in WR-V , I just don't understand why . Car looks more proportional when compared BR-V .
Old 1st March 2017, 17:16   #192
Senior - BHPian

They have really made some effort. It would have looked even better without all those creases and folds and the cladding.
But its better that its not just increasing the ground clearance.
Old 1st March 2017, 20:53   #193
BHPian

Was out for dinner that the Goa Marriott Resort. Honda has organized a national media drive I think. The WR-V was parked right outside.

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_9349.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_9351.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_9353.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 2nd March 2017 at 07:59. Reason: Fixed Image Orientation
vineshpikale is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 03:51   #194
BHPian

No CVT. No magic seats or 60:40 split. Fixed rear headrests. Lethargic petrol and a noisy diesel. In what world is this car premium?
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 09:05   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

Exclusion of Magic seats from a Cross Over is shocking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post

No magic seats

WRV Comes with Magic Seats. Source Autocar.

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-brv_magic_seat1.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-brv_magic_seat2.jpg

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-brv_magic_seat3.jpg
groom is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks