Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 23:15   #376
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Went to check out the WR-V today (well not really to check it out but paid a casual visit since the dealer had repeatedly invited me for the launch and could not go that day.)

It looks way better in person than in pictures which is expected since Jazz isn't a bad looker in itself. Interior is just like any other new age Honda. If you have been in Jazz or City, you have been in WR-V. At the launch of City, Honda management had said that they are targeting the premium end of the this market spectrum but i think they have lost a big opportunity to do just that by not launching it with 1.5 iVTEC. They could have shaken things up that way and made competitors/customers take notice. Or may be they are not targeting numbers but only presence here. Well it seems so from the pricing at least and more so for the petrol. To put this into perspective, why would anybody consider buying WR-V SMT petrol when one can get City SMT by putting just 78000 extra (ex-showroom). That is negligible from the EMI point of view. If anybody ever thought the new City isn't VFM then think again.

Even after being in higher tax bracket that is not just more car per rupee but a better mechanical package any which day. City is the only Honda car that is selling in decent numbers compared to it's segment rivals and that is thanks to that gem of an engine they have with them. Honda could have done better had they concentrated on their strength here. And may be they could have benefited from the economy of scale by selling more of that engine. My two cents.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th March 2017 at 15:21. Reason: edited for better readability
drnilswap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 10:25   #377
BHPian

Am I wrong in assuming that the Jazz test drive car is left for dead while people are lining upto test drive the Jazz-Cross!?
Old 19th March 2017, 10:45   #378
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Am I wrong in assuming that the Jazz test drive car is left for dead while people are lining upto test drive the Jazz-Cross!?
Yes you are.

Based on my experience of yesterday, people are drawn by the WR-V to the showroom, and end up seeing the Jazz also, which now, is looking vfm.

Saw at least 3 others who had come to see the WR-V, end up seeing / test driving both. The SA was using the Jazz to show them the magic seats and adjustable head rests, impressing them with the cheaper price. Any customer inclined towards the WR-V was being shown the sunroof and cruise control (only diesel on display). I guess the WR-V will end up as the 'top end Jazz' and contribute to increasing the cumulative sales of the Jazz twins.

But yes, nobody even seemed remotely interested in the BR-V which cut a forlorn figure. It had, in fact been moved out of the showroom onto the road.

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2017 at 23:32. Reason: Poorly typed post
handsofsteel is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th March 2017, 12:27   #379
BHPian

Went to check the city and had a look at the WRV too. It looks much better in person and has got a good stance. I would say it's an improved Jazz and anyone looking to buy a manual Jazz must definitely consider the WRV. Exterior wise I give full marks to Honda for this enhancement. Tyres are well sized at R16 195 and body cladding on the brown colored vehicle looked good. White one did not appeal to me. Interiors are Honda standard, but few things like no leather seats, lack of CVT etc are not understandable. Another variant should have been added. Maybe Honda is testing waters and this was a hurried launch. I am not in the market for a manual hence will give this a miss, but as I said, someone looking for a manual jazz or brezza/ecosport must consider this one.
Old 19th March 2017, 13:28   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
But yes, nobody even seemed remotely interested in the brv which cut a forlorn figure. It had, in fact been moved out of the showroom onto the road.
Absolutely. In our case too, the SR and in fact all of them were visibly surprised when we told them we are there to see the BR-V although a display was available.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 15:09   #381
Senior - BHPian

Went to see see the wr-v in person and was quite impressed.

Lots of space especially the width and legroom even with front seats pushed all the way behind. I think it's way more than the Ecosport.

The ice was OK, a bit bass heavy and I think the Ecosport has a better sounding system, but I hate its podded instrument cluster and the clickety clack button layout.

The small sunroof may be gimmicky but it was impressive all right. The operation was smooth and quite simple.

Service intervals are 6 months or 10k kms which frankly is nonsense.

No Isofix seat points and this is an important feature for a family with young kids. This may be the single most important point for me.

The NVH noise levels I think are way over blown by some folks here and elsewhere. It is about as loud as most diesel cars that I have driven or sat in.

Just 2 airbags with abs and ebd. Ecosport has a huge edge here.

I am waiting for the new Ecosport that has very smart interiors lifted from the new Fiesta which will probably will make it the best car in this segment.

Last edited by SPARKled : 19th March 2017 at 15:12.
SPARKled is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 21:02   #382
BHPian

Looks good in pictures - have to yet see it in flesh. Will visit the showroom in coming weekend or so.

I am wondering if Honda needs to relook at the launch strategy adopted by them. WR-V coming after Jazz makes it being perceived as Jazz converted to SUV and similar was the case with BR-V being seen as converted Mobilio. In my view, had they come in reverse order, or only in 'SUV' avatar, image of the cars in customer mind could be entirely different.
Old 19th March 2017, 22:01   #383
BHPian

Here's the price list of Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-scan1.jpg  

batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 22:24   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Here's the price list of Delhi.
Wow, there's some nice price gouging going on!
  1. Honda Connect & its various subscriptions add up to a cool 20k!
  2. Instead of offering paint protection and anti-rust as an accessory service that is separately offered and sold, these guys are brave enough to put it on the price sheet itself for another 9k!
  3. As always, the insurance cost appears high, but that's not against Honda or this dealer, every dealer does it.

And I've not even complained about the base price of the car itself!

Last edited by arunphilip : 19th March 2017 at 22:26. Reason: Added link for Honda Connect, for those (like me) who don't know what it is :-)
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 23:08   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post

What is nonsense about the service interval? I am owning Jazz for over an year and yes, the service interval indeed is 6 months or 10000 kms for my Jazz 2016 model.
Old 19th March 2017, 23:15   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
What is nonsense about the service interval? I am owning Jazz for over an year and yes, the service interval indeed is 6 months or 10000 kms for my Jazz 2016 model.
Guess he means that most brands (except Toyota and Honda I believe) follow 1 year 10-15k kms service intervals.

6 months is rather less these days.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 23:18   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is nonsense I can't begin to imagine what you'd make of Crysta's and Fortuner's intervals.

I reckon Honda's service interval is par for the course like every other manufacturer out there.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 07:57   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
The nonsense is that My Ford and Maruti cars go for service just once in a year for and not every 6 months like Honda cars do. Really a nonsensical thing considering that we speak so highly about Japanese cars and their reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
If this is nonsense I can't begin to imagine what you'd make of Crysta's and Fortuner's intervals.

I reckon Honda's service interval is par for the course like every other manufacturer out there.
No not all, Unlike Toyota whose 6 monthly check is just a check up, Honda makes it a mandatory service.

Last edited by SPARKled : 20th March 2017 at 07:59.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 09:18   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Isofix seat points and this is an important feature for a family with young kids. This may be the single most important point for me.
You need not fret. They can be fitted aftermarket, and for WRV, the OEM Jazz brackets should be a direct fit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ghlight=Isofix
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 13:02   #390

Hello all...I am following WRV since long...got couple of test drives..I enquired with my Sales Advisor in Mumbai.. he said service interval is 12 months/10k kms not 6..I am considering this car as Ecosport is too cramped to sit in rear and Breeza does not inspire any premium feel in cabin..I fell it's tad overpriced but can't help as not many option..

Last edited by chintanhb : 20th March 2017 at 13:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed