Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 15:24   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
April 2017 issue of Autocar India. Page 35.

Honda WR-V is likely to get 1.5 litre petrol engine. And CVT transmission. The article says Honda is "working" on this - so I guess this might take some time.

120 BHP on a 1.1 tonne car equals power to weight ratio of 110. It should fly! (not off the showroom floor I mean, but definitely off the traffic signal)
This was the sweetest post on this entire thread which refreshed me from my sleepy condition in office and helped me to rejuvenate

If 1.5 CVT, most probably the 'ZX' variant of WR-V is launched in India in future, we might have to get ready with 1.5 million rupees to grab one.
Hickstead is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 17:41   #422
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda WR-V is likely to get 1.5 litre petrol engine. And CVT transmission. The article says Honda is "working" on this - so I guess this might take some time.
When they have the engine ready, why was this not available at the time of launch? The impact would have been completely different! Why didn't they give the WR-V - an important car - their best shot?

Honda is so S-L-O-W. It's no wonder that they're losing market-share, despite a deluge of launches (and flops). Everything from Honda is a half-hearted effort these days.
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 20:06   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When they have the engine ready, why was this not available at the time of launch? The impact would have been completely different! Why didn't they give the WR-V - an important car - their best shot?

Honda is so S-L-O-W. It's no wonder that they're losing market-share, despite a deluge of launches (and flops). Everything from Honda is a half-hearted effort these days.
It seems to me that Honda dropped the 1.5 ltr engine because of the stupid 4 meter rule & are now planning to bring the same because of GST which comes to effect on July 1 . I have to agree with you regarding the half hearted effort , they seem to think that whatever they launch will go down well with the Indian customer .

Last edited by drift2race : 28th March 2017 at 20:09.
drift2race is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 20:55   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I have to agree with you regarding the half hearted effort , they seem to think that whatever they launch will go down well with the Indian customer .
I was so excited about this car and that is the exact reason I plan to not go for this car. I would either go for the Jazz itself or the Ecosport in the C-SUV range!
Old 28th March 2017, 23:06   #425
BHPian

The usual answer given by SE about better features is that, the price will go up. But, Why can't they give it as an option. Who are they to judge whether a Customer can afford or not.

Forget about the 1.5 litre Engine, When I enquired, why Magic Seats are not offered in a Utility Vehicle as a WRV, the answer was obvious that the price will go up by approx. 30-40K. The SE didn't have an answer when I said, I don't mind paying 30-40K extra for Magic Seats.

I may use the Sunroof once in a year, but Magic seats come in handy on day to day basis. Rather Honda wants all WRV owners to shift to Hill stations. Imagine opening the Sunroof after parking the Car in Bangalore. Within 2-3 hours of parking, the Car will be covered with dust.

Last edited by jaaz : 28th March 2017 at 23:16.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 23:34   #426
BHPian

Quote:

Agreed. I feel they have either become too complacent or just plain careless. They probably went into hibernation right after the success of older generation City. Now they just seem to push out half baked products from slumber at prices which are ridiculous at best.
Old 29th March 2017, 05:04   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
=======
I may use the Sunroof once in a year, but Magic seats come in handy on day to day basis. Rather Honda wants all WRV owners to shift to Hill stations. Imagine opening the Sunroof after parking the Car in Bangalore. Within 2-3 hours of parking, the Car will be covered with dust.
Exactly my point!

Who uses a sunroof in India? It's a novelty at best. With scorching heat of 40 degrees in Hyderabad, I won't for sure.

I liked the fact that they've given cruise control in this when except for Polo and Ameo, no other car has that in the compact hatch/sedan segment.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th March 2017 at 06:45. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 06:20   #428
BHPian

It's amazing how ground clearance has become a go to feature nowadays! Very few seem to be bothered by the deletion of adjustable neck rests and magic seats. Is the ground clearance of Jazz really that bad?
Old 29th March 2017, 07:49   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
It's amazing how ground clearance has become a go to feature nowadays! Very few seem to be bothered by the deletion of adjustable neck rests and magic seats. Is the ground clearance of Jazz really that bad?
It's just 160-odd mm's. So higher is definitely better however deletion of the adjustable headrests is a compromise. Another case of a necessary feature compromised for accommodating some unnecessary ones.

At least a 60:40 split would've been better if not magic seats.
Old 29th March 2017, 09:55   #430
Team-BHP Support

I don't buy the 'features will push prices up' argument. It's Honda's greed more than anything else.

They may offer more features later on, but they've missed a golden opportunity to shake up the C-SUV segment. Indian market is notorious for not giving second chances, even to a worthy product. No need to look elsewhere, ask the repositioned previous-gen Jazz, which never recovered from its initial pricing debacle. Given a choice, I'd actually take that car over its current generation anyday without a second thought.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:18   #431
BHPian

Quote:
When they have the engine ready, why was this not available at the time of launch? The impact would have been completely different!
Because it would cannibalize on the newly launched Honda City 2017 which is, apparently, more important a brand than WRV in India.

I think Honda's plan is to launch 1.5 ltr with CVT once enthusiasm over the City reduces and other brands launch their 2017 facelifts (Verna, S-Cross, I'm looking at you!). Anyway, the pricing of WRV CVT with the bigger engine will hit that 13-15L on-road bracket.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 12:44   #432
BHPian

Quote:
April 2017 issue of Autocar India. Page 35.

120 BHP on a 1.1 tonne car equals power to weight ratio of 110. It should fly! (not off the showroom floor I mean, but definitely off the traffic signal)
Fingers crossed. Just the kind of news that most of us were wanting to hear. Hopefully with GST in place, they would launch the 1.5 iVtec + CVT later this year. The WR-V should have had that option right from day 1. Honda missed a trick and should make amends before its too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Anyway, the pricing of WRV CVT with the bigger engine will hit that 13-15L on-road bracket.
If you see the price difference between the top end City 2017 iDTEC and WR-V VX iDTEC, it is around 3.3 L based on an earlier post here. I would assume the same price differential between the City 2017 VX A/T and the WR-V 1.5 iVTEC A/T when launched. 12.5-13L looks like a more probable price. Honda is unlikely to equip the WR-V with 6 airbags ever, so comparison with the ZX variant of the City is futile.
fuel_addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 14:14   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

A Honda birdie tweets that the WR-V 1.5L i-VTEC will be available with the CVT transmission only, in a single VX variant. No MT on the cards, as of now.

Launch will.probably be in the next 3-4 months.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 14:23   #434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A Honda birdie tweets that the WR-V 1.5L i-VTEC will be available with the CVT transmission only, in a single VX variant. No MT on the cards, as of now.
Unnecessarily adds Rs. 1.3 to 1.5 Lacs to on-road price. Plus puts off customers who prefer manual.

Same engine, same transmission (CVT) and same weight as Honda City means we are looking at 0 - 100 kmph timing of around 11.5 seconds. Not much of a "hot" compact SUV I guess, but equal to S-Cross 1.6 (MT) and slightly quicker than Ford Ecosport 1.0 (MT)

Last edited by SmartCat : 29th March 2017 at 14:25.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 14:27   #435
BHPian

1.5 engine with CVT should have been available from day 1 itself. Honda needs to junk the 1.2 (even though its decent for only town use) and just stick to 1.5.

WRV with 1.5 Engine, CVT, 6 Airbags, and the existing Sunroof, Keyless Entry, etc would be the compact SUV to buy.

Lets hope those 6 Airbags also trickle in.

Honda is so slow they need a shot of something to wake them up and then theyre wondering why their cars dont sell.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks