Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 15:57   #451
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Usually , if it is only a facelift and not much of a engine change or interiors change then it is not reviewed , and since the WRV is just the jazz in another avatar , i donot think it might be reviewed
Says who? Team-Bhp reviews everything. From bikes to cars to even trucks. Have patience. Review will come.

It all depends on whether the manufacturer wants to give Team-BHP their car for testing or not.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 31st March 2017 at 16:16.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 16:14   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Usually , if it is only a facelift and not much of a engine change or interiors change then it is not reviewed , and since the WRV is just the jazz in another avatar , i donot think it might be reviewed
So in that case City shouldn't get a review as it's only a facelift.

This assumption is not correct I guess.
Old 1st April 2017, 11:29   #453
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Usually , if it is only a facelift and not much of a engine change or interiors change then it is not reviewed
Request to please not make such assumptions. The WR-V review is currently being put together.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 22:13   #454
Senior - BHPian

Honda WR-V off to a good start.

3833 units were sold last month (March 2017). Becomes the 2nd Highest Seller in the range. Diesel Versions in good demand according to Top Dealers.

How long with these good numbers stay remains to be seen. Since other Honda's (Mobilio/BR-V/Accord Hybrid) all had good starts in the initial months.

Sales figure source - Honda Car India
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:57   #455
BHPian

So I did check out the WR-V at a showroom, and I was quite impressed actually. It looks good, the space is decent, the dash is exactly like the Jazz, which is more or less City like, the sunroof is brilliant and really adds that sense of space, of light and for a price of about 9L ex-Delhi, it feels like good value too. The only thing missing is really the auto gearbox, and personally, the smart key with push button start.

I didn't drive it, but I can't imagine the driving experience would be bad enough to be a deal breaker. It felt like it was well put together too. A city run about no nonsense car, the WR-V gets a proper thumbs up from me.
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:56   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
It felt like it was well put together too. A city run about no nonsense car, the WR-V gets a proper thumbs up from me.
Sorry for the noobish question, but if wr-v is a city car then what is the jazz?
I'm looking to upgrade my car in a year or so, and looking at the current trend of launches I'm actually getting a bit apprehensive. Prices are going southwards, that too for reasons like touchscreens, keyless entry and auto wipers - at the cost of practical things like more safety equipment, or an auto box, or even the magic seats. Concept of value for money has gone down the drain. Wonder what the situation will be like when I start my car search. :(
zhopudey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:16   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Sorry for the noobish question, but if wr-v is a city car then what is the jazz?
I am guessing zhopudey has called the WR-V a city car since it feels under powered.

Yesterday I visited Honda dealership here in Pune to test drive Jazz and WR-V. We are shopping for a premium hatchback with AT.
WR-V doesn't come with an AT option. Nevertheless we went for a test drive of the WR-V VX-MT petrol top-end.

My impressions:
  • The car looks good from outside. Has a nice SUVish side profile.
  • The AC controls on the S-MT had some rough edges and looked a bit crude. Otherwise plastic quality of controls/dashboard are good.
  • Important feature set like 2 airbags, ABS, driver seat adjustment, electrically adjustable ORVMs, reverse camera are included.
  • The sun roof is available. Surely some people will like it. It is a bit small if you ask me.
  • If I compare it with our Grand i10, smart key with request sensors and start/stop button are missing in the WR-V.
  • Other missing features would be rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps auto-dimming IRVM.
  • The reverse camera display doesn't have adaptive guide lines which will show you exactly where the car is heading when you rotate the steering. IMO this is very helpful.
  • Suspension was good (We did a short TD remember).
  • Last but not the least, the car felt under powered on the highway with 4 adults on board.

The pricing is good in my opinion.
  • Petrol VX-MT 9,27,431 Ex Showroom Pune. Roughly 10.4L OTR.
  • Diesel VX-MT 10,30,281 Ex Showroom Pune. Roughly 12L OTR.
Overall WR-V is a good car. However I got a feeling that customer response is lukewarm and not super excited. Probably due to the missing bells and whistles. I got this feeling since the sales rep told me that there is little to no waiting period. I'll be happy if proven wrong since I like Honda cars. To me if the car had a real shortcoming, it was the underpowered petrol engine. The other missing bells and whistles are compensated by the pricing if you ask me.

The Jazz V-CVT drives very well compared to the WR-V. I am guessing the Jazz MT will also feel better to drive compared to WR-V.

The Jazz V-CVT costs about 9.75 L on-road and has free comprehensive insurance cover and reverse parking sensors thrown in. I feel that Jazz V-CVT is a VFM AT premium hatchback. The Elite i20 Magna 1.4 AT costs about 10.65L on-road in Pune. It is missing a bunch of features including ABS feature when compared to Jazz V-CVT and costs more.
BHaskar_AS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:10   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Honda WR-V off to a good start.

3833 units were sold last month (March 2017). Becomes the 2nd Highest Seller in the range. Diesel Versions in good demand according to Top Dealers.

How long with these good numbers stay remains to be seen. Since other Honda's (Mobilio/BR-V/Accord Hybrid) all had good starts in the initial months.

Sales figure source - Honda Car India
3833 unites is an encouraging number. In my opinion, the sales should further increase in coming months with addition of 1.5l iVTEC. Saw in the report that other cars in the Honda lineup like Jazz etc are doing their regular numbers. So whose share of pie did WRV eat up?
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:49   #459
Senior - BHPian

Saw a silver WR-V on the road today and it looked quite weird from a distance. Maybe it was the colour. It sure looks much better in pictures and up close.

A colleague who was very interested in the WR-V isn't so after test drives and has opted for a 85 PS Duster now. And he is having a tough time to convince his young son who is clearly very smitten by the sun roof.

It maybe a vanity feature with not much utility but it sure increases the aspiration for picking a car in our market here. Honda did a very smart addition there. As odd as it sounds, were it not for the sunroof, the WR-V wouldn't have lasted in their shortlist for so long.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 14:54   #460
BHPian

Looks like Indians have welcomed the new offering from Honda! Per numbers, Honda has sold 3833 units of the WR-V in the first month. Hope these are actual showroom roll outs and not shipment from factory!

News - http://indianautosblog.com/2017/04/h...s-march-262650
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:49   #461
Senior - BHPian

These number surely include demo and display vehicles. The true picture will be clear only after 6 months if it is really a hit or a miss.
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:27   #462
BHPian

Even the Jazz started off brightly with more than 5000 shipments if I remember correctly. So this isn't much of a surprise. Only time will tell.
Old 5th April 2017, 16:28   #463
BHPian

Waiting eagerly for the Team-BHP official review for this one!

I sold my Fiesta 1.6, will be selling off my Gypsy next week or so and a Bolero DI Turbo Engine, Gearbox, Differential,F.I. Pump to a friend. All combined makes for a decent down payment for my next personal car

I haven't got a chance to test drive the Honda. It looks good, size seems just right for my needs, the Ground clearance is a huge plus point and all said and done, the Sun roof IS the clinching factor for a family guy like me!

My daughters are gonna Love it!! Plus, imagine on a hot day when you come back to your car parked in the sun, you open all the doors and put the AC on Full Blast just to cool the car down, the Sun roof helps. Also, for heavy smokers like me (A dying breed) who have to travel with non smokers constantly. Not to mention the "show-off" WOW factor, esp. in small towns like mine, it's a rarity!

Realistically, for a person like me looking to buy a medium size diesel crossover/ UV for about 10- 11 lakhs, the options are the Ford Ecosport, the Vitara Breeza, the TUV 100bhp, the S-Cross (lower end Diesel), Scorpio (S4?), The Hyundai Active. The Fiat is not on my list as no service back-up. Anything I missed?

Here, sadly, the Mahindras lose out due to their crude nature and body roll. I would love to buy a 2nd hand Scorpio as a second car to hit the trials, but as my personal car for lots of fast highway driving, I'd look for something more refined, modern and a better handler.

Comparing the others is a very tight affair. I didn't like the Vitara Breeza's Meters and Interiors, plus it's getting a bit common, the Ecosport's a lovely car but bit cramped, so is the i20 Active, and I just loved the upcoming S-Cross' toothy grill!

Maybe my choice will boil down between the facelifted S-Cross (if it comes in time) and the WR-V.

For people who have test driven the WR-V, how noisy is the engine? Is it as bad as the Innova? The crude engine noise seems to be the main drawback of the car, according to early reports. Also how is the ride quality on rough roads?

Thank you all for all the feedback till now!
Old 5th April 2017, 16:43   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Waiting eagerly for the Team-BHP official review for this one!

For people who have test driven the WR-V, how noisy is the engine? Is it as bad as the Innova? The crude engine noise seems to be the main drawback of the car, according to early reports. Also how is the ride quality on rough roads?

Thank you all for all the feedback till now!
Well, I did find it noisier than my Skoda Laura substantially and even noisier than the TUV300 100bhp which I had also driven just before that. There is a characteristic harshness in the sound which permeates the cabin. Honda should have added more sound dampening on the firewall and the bonnet to cut out the harshness of the sound. I am sure that they can still make the additions and need to be given lots of feedback from test drive customers. Diesel engines do tend to be noisy but good ones tend to remove the harshness from the sound and retain only the boominess, which is fine for most people and infact adds to the thrill of driving. It is the injector tak-tak sound which is harsh and irritating!

Regarding the suspension, it is well tuned and found it quite pliant for potholed roads at medium speeds. I did not get a chance to go over 100, so can't comment of High speed stability.

Let's wait for the Team-bhp review which hopefully should be out in a few days!
For me too the sunroof is becoming a deciding factor as my son is gaga over it.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 17:25   #465
BHPian

Thank you for the prompt reply. The NVH will be the main factor for me if i decide not to go for the WR-V. We already have the Innova and that too, sounds quite crude. In contrast, the Scorpio's new M-Hawk Engine sounds really good!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks