Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 16:17   #466

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Hello,

I have an update to share. I had given token of 21k for WRV booking at one of dealer in Mumbai. Last week I had lot of discussion with sales rep and his senior regarding discount. They were very firm that not even 2500 discount possible as it is a new car. I requested refund for my 21k although this was not the reason for refund. Today I get call from my sales rep saying they are offering 20k discount if I do not cancel. So not even 1 month old car starting to offer discount? Is this indicative of less than expected sales of WRV?
chintanhb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 17:23   #467
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

^^ I would think so. I mean the car is decent though the engines are not that great. But pricing it above 10 lacs is crazy. It would definitely put off customers in states where the taxes are higher for cars above 10 lacs.
Old 7th April 2017, 16:21   #468
Senior - BHPian

Honda WR-V records 7000 bookings in less than a month

Don't know how true is this. Because Frankly Speaking, I haven't seen a Single WR-V on roads till now.

Source

Has anyone here booked/purchased WR-V ?
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 00:06   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Don't know how true is this. Because Frankly Speaking, I haven't seen a Single WR-V on roads till now.

Source

Saw one the other day in the Carnellion Red shade. WRV looks good from the front but rear is too Jazz. Well its a Jazz anyways.

I think the car has potential and with Honda considering 1.5 Ivtec and CVT it will really pick up in my opinion.

There are lots of people who swear by Honda and would prefer a honda rather than a Ford or a Maruti.

Lets hope Honda is listening, learning, and bringing more products quickly. Read: HRV, CRV Diesel, Civic.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 00:29   #470
BHPian

Guys! Is there any problem with the Honda W-RV?

All the dealers in Gurgaon are quoting a waiting period of 3-4 months with Infinity Honda on Sohna road quoting a waiting period on 7-8 months and Pearl Honda on Golf Course Road quoting a waiting period of 12 months !

The salesman at Infinity Honda also mentioned that there is some serious noise issue with the car because of which Honda has halted the production till its rectified. Can anybody confirm the same?

It would be a shame that such a new car is pulled off the shelves for unresolved issues. Even if the car has garnered 7000 bookings in a month, its peanuts compared to the euphoria generated by Vitara brezza and Baleno, both of which command a shorter waiting period (with dispatches of around 10,000 and 14,000 units a month respectively). Its also to be noted that Honda plant in Tapukera is operating no where near its peak capacity.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 10th April 2017 at 00:31.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:09   #471
BHPian

Quote:

Source

Had booked my WRV on 30th of April. During the time of booking, the sales rep said that he would deliver the vehicle within a month. I had booked golden brown colour. About a week back, i get call from him asking me if I'm ok with silver or grey, as there are heavy booking for golden brown and it would get delayed beyond a month, where as he can deliver silver or grey in the last week of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanhb View Post
Hello,

I have an update to share. I had given token of 21k for WRV booking at one of dealer in Mumbai. Last week I had lot of discussion with sales rep and his senior regarding discount. They were very firm that not even 2500 discount possible as it is a new car. I requested refund for my 21k although this was not the reason for refund. Today I get call from my sales rep saying they are offering 20k discount if I do not cancel. So not even 1 month old car starting to offer discount? Is this indicative of less than expected sales of WRV?
Since the dealer is taking more time than committed date, will try to pull off a similar stint as you and see if I can be any lucky
abhiram.soma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 13:58   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanhb View Post
Hello,

I requested refund for my 21k although this was not the reason for refund. Today I get call from my sales rep saying they are offering 20k discount if I do not cancel. So not even 1 month old car starting to offer discount? Is this indicative of less than expected sales of WRV?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram.soma View Post
Had booked my WRV on 30th of April. During the time of booking, the sales rep said that he would deliver the vehicle within a month. I had booked golden brown colour. About a week back, i get call from him asking me if I'm ok with silver or grey, as there are heavy booking for golden brown and it would get delayed beyond a month, where as he can deliver silver or grey in the last week of April.

Since the dealer is taking more time than committed date, will try to pull off a similar stint as you and see if I can be any lucky
It's a very confusing scenario. All the dealers are now claiming a waiting period varying from 3-12 months

While a gentleman has been offered a discount very recently and other has been offered an early delivery notwithstanding different color.

Is Honda trying to create artificial scarcity? I'm pretty sure that response is no where near Baleno, Certa and Vitara brezza, all of which command a much shorter waiting period.

If Honda trying to fool the customers like Ford did initially with Ecosport, then I seriously wish that they end up paying heavily for it.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 10th April 2017 at 13:59.
Old 10th April 2017, 22:15   #473
BHPian

Could it be that they are trying to improve the NVH characteristics of the vehicle as the most consistent complaint (rather, the only major complaint) across various test reviews are of its engine noise. If that's so, they should have worked on this before the launch but better late than never!

I'd gone to Siliguri Honda for a test drive of the Wrv today. There were a lot of Brvs around. I counted six in the parking lot and the sales guy said there were more in the yard. They are giving free insurances and "healthy discounts" but I didn't inquire further as I was more keen on the Wrv. He had a couple but surprisingly, both were petrol versions. I didn't take a test drive as I was interested in the diesel version.

Sat in the car and to my surprise, found the head room and vertical space a bit tight! Maybe because I had just driven 120kms in my Innova. Interior width and leg space was pretty good. With my driving position (5.11), there was more than adequate space for me to sit comfortably at the back.

Good front seats, lovely side bolstering, good lower back support. Well shaped front middle armrest. I was quite sad to feel a bit claustrophobic due to the lack of head room above. Even with that fabulous Sunroof! Maybe I'll feel different after a test drive and after I adjust and recline the seats a bit..

I asked the sales person to show me a diesel Honda City and started the car to get an idea of the engine noise.. it wasn't too bad. Sounded a bit like the Ford Fusion diesel, nothing as crude and noisy as my Innova.

Still trying to decider, still choosing.. Wish Nexa would hurry up with the facelifted S Cross and wish it would come with the Sunroof. (Forget about my daughters, I'm officially in Love with it!)
Old 10th April 2017, 23:56   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post

Still trying to decide, still choosing.. Wish Nexa would hurry up with the facelifted S Cross
Ahh... Sounds like music to my ears

What is the waiting period that Honda guys are quoting over there for the W-RV?

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 10th April 2017 at 23:58.
Old 11th April 2017, 05:49   #475
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Sat in the car and to my surprise, found the head room and vertical space a bit tight! Maybe because I had just driven 120kms in my Innova. Interior width and leg space was pretty good. With my driving position (5.11), there was more than adequate space for me to sit comfortably at the back.

Good front seats, lovely side bolstering, good lower back support. Well shaped front middle armrest. I was quite sad to feel a bit claustrophobic due to the lack of head room above. Even with that fabulous Sunroof! Maybe I'll feel different after a test drive and after I adjust and recline the seats a bit..
Yes, even I felt the same, I am 6'2" and this was a deal breaker for me. Surprisingly, the jazz didn't have this issue. As regards the BRV, it had acres of space above my head.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2017 at 23:23. Reason: Type.
Old 11th April 2017, 22:26   #476
BHPian

Saw a WR-V in my building today. Looked really smart in white. Honda have a really good language going on with the City, Jazz and WR-V.
zhopudey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 16:49   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Guys! Is there any problem with the Honda W-RV?
All the dealers in Gurgaon are quoting a waiting period of 3-4 months with Infinity Honda on Sohna road quoting a waiting period on 7-8 months and
Sounds very weird ! Here in Bangalore, the dealers are eager to offer W-RV. I am visiting Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road for last couple of days for test drives to decide on the City that I consider as an option to buy. The City Petrol V Mt has a waiting period of about 40-50 days as per SA. He said I can get W-RV within a week in certain colors. But W-RV Petrol engine is a damp squib and my usage level doesn't make sense to go for Diesel. Hearing this poor NVH issue for W-RV Diesel, I am not even planning to do test drive.
Old 15th April 2017, 17:24   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Hearing this poor NVH issue for W-RV Diesel, I am not even planning to do test drive.
If the poor NVH of this WR-V Diesel has put you off, then people shouldn't buy i20 Due to its Average Dynamics or Polo due to its cramped Cabin. Baleno for it's Light Weight. I think you understood what I meant to say.

Leaving aside Poor NVH & High Price, the other things like Different Face, Big Boot, Spacious Cabin, Good Ride, Decent Handling, Easy Entry/Exit & Excellent Efficiency should make WR-V a good package to Consider.

No car is perfect, but one shouldn't Reject Test Driving it just for that one big negative .
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 21:05   #479
BHPian

Overdrive has come out with a comparison between Hyundai I20 Active, Vitara Brezza and Honda WRV. This is essentially a comparison between Brezza and WRV.

WRV
+ Spacious Cabin.
+ Different styling from Jazz.
+ Segment firsts like Sunroof.
+ Good Kit on top end.
+ Driveability of diesel engine.

- Petrol engine is weak for Jazz.
- Diesel is too noisy.
- Driver's view is not commanding. Difficult to judge vehicle dimensions.
- Android HU integration is not as well as others.
- Skittish and jarring on rough patches of road.

Brezza
+ SUV styling which looks good too.
+ High stance with fat rubber.
+ Good handling for a hatchback on stilts.
+ Quickest of the lot.
+ Good kit on top end variant.

- Turbo lag below 2500 rpm.
- Very ordinary interiors.
- Steering feel.

Brezza is declared as the winner of the shootout.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 22:08   #480
BHPian

I totally disagree with the overdrive review.

First of all the Vitara Brezza is not available in petrol so there is no point in cribbing about weak petrol in the W-RV, wich in fact is at par with the i20 Active petrol.

Secondly I was in the same dilemma so I personally test drove all three cars mentioned above in addition to some others as well and following are my observations:-

1. Vitara Brezza in this competition seems very ordinary for its price. Its not bad at any thing but does not excel at anything either. Due to this reason I cancelled my booking last year.

2. If it comes down to refinement of diesel engine then nothing can hold a candle to i20 diesel. Its just in a league of its own. The i20 active rides well, is spacious, looks snazzy and is an effortless city car. Ride and Handling at high speeds, though better than other Hyundai cars, still need improvement.

3. After test driving the W-RV I chose to book it, in spite of the waiting period. The company that I work for is one of the major components supplier to Honda. The reason for backlog is that Honda didn't anticipate such a huge demand for diesel VX version (given the current market shift towards petrol engines and their experience with the Jazz and the City), so one should forget the salesman's mumbo-jumbo.

The noise insulation in W-RV is much superior to the one in the B-RV and Jazz. I'm not at all saying that its in the league of Hyundai but its definitely not much worse than 1.3 ddis in its various iterations (except for Ciaz).

All the more the car builds on the strengths of the jazz. Its taller, has more space (25 mm longer wheel base), has more features, is much more refined, is even more derivable (new 6 speed gear box with smoother shifts and slightly shorter gearing), is the most fuel efficient of the bunch, rides very well (slightly stiff at lower speeds but rock solid at higher speeds), has better steering (re-calibrated as per Honda) and looks snazzy as well.

The best thing is that Honda is offering extended warranty up to 5 years with unlimited kilometres

So look at W-RV as a Honda City ZX minus LED head lamps but in a snazzier and rugged avatar along with a saving of 4.5 lakh rupees ! Then you will realise that W-RV indeed makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 15th April 2017 at 22:11.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks