Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 22:13   #496
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Booked Diesel VX MT, White Orchid Pearl color. Interestingly, unlike Petrol the price for Diesel pearl was same as other base colors since Honda wanted to keep it below 10L and therefore not attract additional tax.
Congrats!! Abhi!

Wish the Bangalore Dealers had some sense as with your Dealer. Here the WRV Diesel VX is priced at Rs.10,15,400/- and add 4K for White. Had they priced it below 10 lakhs, there is a cool saving of approx. 34,000 on Road Tax. Honda's greed for 15K will set you back by 34K.

On Road price is close to 13 lakhs including Honda Connect and Extended Warranty.

Had almost booked the same version, but for Magic Seats, abstained. We're already paying a premium and at least a 60:40 split should've been given. For me the Magic Seats were a deal breaker, although rest of the Car is excellent, barring the higher price and the higher taxation in Karnataka.

Last edited by jaaz : 20th April 2017 at 22:16.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 10:33   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Booked Diesel VX MT, White Orchid Pearl color. Interestingly, unlike Petrol the price for Diesel pearl was same as other base colors since Honda wanted to keep it below 10L and therefore not attract additional tax. Further, we have been told of waiting period/delivery after 1 month.
Sir what is the delivery time mentioned on you customer docket?

In my case, i was promised that the car would be delivered in a months time but on the docket they have mentioned two to three months. This was at classic Honda in Faridabad as all other dealers in Delhi and Gurgaon were quoting 4-6 months .
Old 21st April 2017, 11:04   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Sir what is the delivery time mentioned on you customer docket?

In my case, i was promised that the car would be delivered in a months time but on the docket they have mentioned two to three months. This was at classic Honda in Faridabad as all other dealers in Delhi and Gurgaon were quoting 4-6 months .
I booked it via company lease, initially was told for 3-4month waiting only for individual booking. Not sure why such difference, as per dealers the instructions are from Honda only and not something which dealers can decide.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:43   #499
BHPian

I test drive the WRV yesterday. This was for my cousin. He is considering between WRV, Brezza and Ecosport. Incidentally, Only Saphite Honda offered a test drive. Lathangi ford and Pratham Mariti did not have test drive vehicles for me and were not much interested in serving either!

Drove the VX Diesel. Its 12.5 on road without honda connect, zero dep and RSA. Driving impression -
- Light clutch. Makes it easy to drive.
- Smooth Engine. Though the clatter could be heard inside.
- I find the engine character to me that of a petrol engine. Its smooth and to me that diesel torque pull was missing.
- Interior is spacious
- Good ride quality. Got over the speed breakers without much drama.
- 'Tested' the sunroof. Felt good

Pics -
Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-wrd-fr.jpg
The Console and the seat.

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-wrv-ice.jpg
ICE. Sorry about the pic quality.

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-wrv-seat.jpg
Seat space with my driving position. I am 5'8
glenmz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 19:47   #500
Senior - BHPian

Disappointed that Honda shortchanged the rear passengers. No armrest, no AC vent and no adjustable headrests. A 60:40 split rear seat was also called for. These should have been present at least in the top end. Would gladly give up the sunroof for these plus a couple more airbags. But sadly for the Indian junta a sunroof is much more desirable than airbags or head restraints, and Honda is playing to that market.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 20:21   #501
BHPian

glenmz,

How is the seat height and under-thigh support? I felt the Jazz seat height was too low (non-Magic seats version). Slightly better seat height would give a lot more comfort is what I felt at that time. From this pic it seems higher than the Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I test drive the WRV yesterday. This was for my cousin. He is considering between WRV, Brezza and Ecosport.
The Console and the seat.
Seat space with my driving position. I am 5'8
Old 21st April 2017, 20:22   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram.soma View Post
Told the dealer that I'll stick with Golden Brown only. Got a call back from him today saying that Honda got more than expected number of bookings and they wait would have to be beyond the month of April. Now I'm thinking weather to shift to S Cross or just leave this booking like this only and wait for the new Ecosport to be released
Hi abhiram,

As I can make out from your post, you aren't in an immediate need of a new vehicle, so:

My 2 cents: We all do not buy a car every now and then. At the end of the day, there is a need to have that "feel good factor", especially for the BHPians. Any compromise now or a decision taken in a haste might end up irking you each day of your possession. Secondly, please be patient. Remember that "patience always pays". That said, stick to your choice of Golden Brown and enjoy the sweetness of this painful countdown and upon ticking zero, get home your beauty and smile everyday with each mile that you'll drive.

Cheers and do not forget to share the pictures on the D-day. Good luck!
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 20:05   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Hi abhiram,

As I can make out from your post, you aren't in an immediate need of a new vehicle, so:

My 2 cents: We all do not buy a car every now and then. At the end of the day, there is a need to have that "feel good factor", especially for the BHPians. Any compromise now or a decision taken in a haste might end up irking you each day of your possession. Secondly, please be patient. Remember that "patience always pays". That said, stick to your choice of Golden Brown and enjoy the sweetness of this painful countdown and upon ticking zero, get home your beauty and smile everyday with each mile that you'll drive.

Cheers and do not forget to share the pictures on the D-day. Good luck!
The dealer still couldn't give any clarity on the date of delivery. He sounded very sceptical, when I asked him if he is 100% confident of May. Started looking out for alternatives now
Old 26th April 2017, 21:27   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram.soma View Post
The dealer still couldn't give any clarity on the date of delivery. He sounded very sceptical, when I asked him if he is 100% confident of May. Started looking out for alternatives now
Even with the S cross and Ecosport, the waiting times will be approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Stick to your decision if you find this car to be good.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 11:06   #505
BHPian

Team BHP's review of the WR-V is eagerly awaited. Its been a while since GTO confirmed that this was being worked on. We've had the Ignis and Baleno RS's reviews out pretty quickly. The RS's review in fact came out very early. Looks like Maruti has been aggressively offering cars for TD while Honda is being too laid back.

Going by earlier threads, the deliveries of the WR-V seem to be a long drawn affair. Have hardly seen couple of WR-Vs on the roads here.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 27th April 2017 at 11:09.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:07   #506
BHPian

This thread has ground to a halt. Absolutely no movement in the last 2-3 weeks. Much like the wrv launch itself I'd say. To date, I have seen precisely 2 WRVs on road, one a silver near haji Ali and one brown at cuffe parade. Actually, I've seen more brvs than wrv on road.
No purchase announcements as well on team BHP. Is anyone buying this car? April sales figures should be interesting.
Old 29th April 2017, 20:35   #507
Senior - BHPian

I saw a new one in my office parking lot last week.
Liked the looks - sort of a butched up Jazz with a BRV like front thirds.
Old 30th April 2017, 01:31   #508
BANNED

Saw a petrol S in the campus today, next to the Jazz. Definitely more presence in the W RV and the front is the best angle. Its visible that's they've done more work than the i20 active or Etios cross. But still, doesn't match an Ecosport or even the Brezza
Attached Thumbnails
Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-img_20170430_012830.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 01:58   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Saw a petrol S in the campus today, next to the Jazz. Definitely more presence in the W RV and the front is the best angle. Its visible that's they've done more work than the i20 active or Etios cross. But still, doesn't match an Ecosport or even the Brezza

The pricing is a bit over the top and comparing it with the ecosport is the biggest mistake Honda is doing. I would have paid a maximum premium of 50-60k for the enhanced looks for what is essentially a jazz on the inside and the engines. They are charging almost 1.5 L over the jazz S which is a bit too much in my opinion. I see this going the BRV way and only handful of people who are fascinated by the sunroof and find the city too expensive may find it worth the premium over the jazz. Ecosport and Brezza look and feel half a segment above.

Last edited by manson : 4th May 2017 at 18:52. Reason: Typo.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 10:18   #510
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
The pricing is a bit over the top and comparing it with the ecosport is the biggest mistake Honda is doing. I would have paid a maximum premium of 50-60k for the enhanced looks for what is essentially a jazz on the inside and the engines.
Yeah, definitely overpriced and yet I saw another one in the campus fresh from the showroom ! Looks like it is really popular with the PGs

And the car in the pic is not even the loaded version. It costs 7.75 lac which is similar to the Ecosport Trend and that has a bigger and powerful 1.5L engine. If Honda really wants to compete, at least bring in the 1.5 iVTEC in here for the enthusiasts so that the car is more than just a propped up jazz

Last edited by manson : 4th May 2017 at 18:54. Reason: Corrected typo in quoted post.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks