Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 14:29   #391
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh

The service intervals for all new Honda's is 1 month after purchase, 6th Month and 12th month and then 1 per year, not 6 monthly. ( Kilometre driven criteria applies along with periodic intervals).
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 15:24   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintanhb View Post
Hello all...I am following WRV since long...got couple of test drives..I enquired with my Sales Advisor in Mumbai.. he said service interval is 12 months/10k kms not 6..I am considering this car as Ecosport is too cramped to sit in rear and Breeza does not inspire any premium feel in cabin..I fell it's tad overpriced but can't help as not many option..
If this has changed this is very good. My SA mentioned 10k or a 6 monthly interval which ever is earlier, after the first year service.

Last edited by SPARKled : 20th March 2017 at 15:28.
Old 20th March 2017, 15:27   #393
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Shouldnt the service intervals be mentioned in the service pages of the manual for each of the models? Why this confusion?
Maybe the owners can check and update it here to end the confusion.
Old 20th March 2017, 16:55   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
At the launch of City, Honda management had said that they are targeting the premium end of the this market spectrum but i think they have lost a big opportunity to do just that by not launching it with 1.5 iVTEC. They could have shaken things up that way and made competitors/customers take notice. Or may be they are not targeting numbers but only presence here. Well it seems so from the pricing at least and more so for the petrol. To put this into perspective, why would anybody consider buying WR-V SMT petrol when one can get City SMT by putting just 78000 extra (ex-showroom). That is negligible from the EMI point of view. If anybody ever thought the new City isn't VFM then think again.
There are many people who appreciate higher ground clearance and peace of mind that comes along with it.

I, personally have become so paranoid of Bangalore's Himalayas type speed breakers, craters and shoddy patch works, that ground clearance is now the top most priority for me in my next purchase.
Old 20th March 2017, 17:24   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
There are many people who appreciate higher ground clearance and peace of mind that comes along with it.

I, personally have become so paranoid of Bangalore's Himalayas type speed breakers, craters and shoddy patch works, that ground clearance is now the top most priority for me in my next purchase.
+1.
I would prefer a high GC car even though it brings a bit more body roll. Need not worry about road conditions before start of a trip.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 13:59   #396
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big shoutout to Rahul Bist for sharing - thank you!

Quote:
Dear Team-BHP,

I have been following the WR-V thread quite passionately since the rumours started, as my friend wanted to buy one. Here is a piece of information which I would like to share. We came across this during our visit to the showroom yesterday evening.

The service interval for the WR-V is not "6 months or 10,000 kms" but "12 months or 10,000 kms". This was quite surprising to me too, as I own a Honda Jazz and its service interval is "6 months or 10,000 kms".

Attached is the snapshot from the owner's manual of the WR-V.
Finally common sense prevailed at Honda!

Honda WR-V production begins in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 7.75 lakh-capture.png
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:23   #397
BHPian

My friend shared the Bangalore price list from Whitefield Honda.

Can the experts shed some light on 'TCS @1%'? Strangely, it is applied to only two diesel models. The SA did not have a convincing answer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Honda.pdf (177.7 KB, 749 views)
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:30   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiterunner View Post

Can the experts shed some light on 'TCS @1%'? Strangely, it is applied to only two diesel models. The SA did not have a convincing answer.
There is nothing wrong with the pricelist. TCS @ 1% is charged on variants which cross 10 lakh mark. Here in WR-V's case, only Diesel VX is priced above 10 lakhs.

In the pricelist, there are different prices for Orchid White Pearl & Other colors.
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:31   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiterunner View Post

1% of the ex-showroom price is the TCS and is applicable if the ex-showroom crosses Rs 10L
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 13:53   #400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
There is nothing wrong with the pricelist. TCS @ 1% is charged on variants which cross 10 lakh mark. Here in WR-V's case, only Diesel VX is priced above 10 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
1% of the ex-showroom price is the TCS and is applicable if the ex-showroom crosses Rs 10L
I think you got your answer @tharian.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:49   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Finally common sense prevailed at Honda!

Attachment 1621081
Will this be applicable retrospectively to existing Honda car owners as well or they would be still fleeced with 6 month routine schedule by HASS?
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:22   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Will this be applicable retrospectively to existing Honda car owners as well or they would be still fleeced with 6 month routine schedule by HASS?
This is only applicable for WR-V. All the other models, including the facelifted City, still have the 6 month schedule. Even if they extend this to all their models in the future, you will have to follow the routine mentioned in your service booklet.

Last edited by deerhunter : 23rd March 2017 at 13:26.
deerhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:49   #403
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
This is only applicable for WR-V. All the other models, including the facelifted City, still have the 6 month schedule. Even if they extend this to all their models in the future, you will have to follow the routine mentioned in your service booklet.
Not necessarily, sometimes manufacturers update the dealership with certain bulletins on service schedules or allowable oil grades etc. Honda should clarify if these service schedules apply to all cars. Since they are sharing engines and mechanical components amongst all their models, why should this schedule only apply to WR-V? They have already switched to synthetic oil and charging higher rates for it. Do they expect people to change synthetic oil every 6 months even if the usage is low.. like 2000km?? If they change the oil grade and charge more then they should also update the service intervals.
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:02   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Not necessarily, sometimes manufacturers update the dealership with certain bulletins on service schedules or allowable oil grades etc. Honda should clarify if these service schedules apply to all cars.
What i meant to say was that, until Honda extends the same to all the cars that are sold already, we should stick to the schedule mentioned in the service booklet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
They have already switched to synthetic oil and charging higher rates for it. Do they expect people to change synthetic oil every 6 months even if the usage is low.. like 2000km??
On the contrary, this change has made it cheaper for many of us. Earlier i was paying for costly synthetic oil every 6 months. Now with this switch, they have made synthetic oil much cheaper. I dont think any other manufacturer's ASC has synthetic oil that is as cheap as Honda's.

But I get what you are saying and I doubt Honda will ever change the schedule for cars that are already sold, considering how greedy they are.
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:16   #405
BHPian

Honda does not budge. I still need to buy their synthetic oil and change every 6 months for my wifes Brio. Even though it runs just 2,500 kms in 6 months time . Have to do it to keep warranties intact. For my City and Civic that's out of warranty now I just change it once a year and it runs fine.

On this topic since I own the 1.8 iVTEC, 1.5 iVTEC as well as the 1.2 iVTEC I don't know how good will the WR-V petrol be since its aprox 150 KG heavier than our Brio.

No matter what people say, I think the 1.2 engine is still a dead dog. You really need to Whip it an Whip it repeatedly to get performance out of it. I feel that in the light Brio as well, if 4 people are seated in the car. So I can imagine how sluggish it may feel on an apparent Recreation Vehicle if taken out of town with family and luggage in the boot.

Had also tested a Jazz automatic last year and even in the apparent sports mode it was still slow. It only made additional noise like an animal but not in speed. And I am a sedate driver, I find the 1.5 ivtec fairly adequate. My friends asked me about the WR-V today and I told them spend 1-1.5 lac extra and get the City SMT if you want to buy a Honda. You would be happier.
manishkapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks