Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 19:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

Bookings for the 2017 Hyundai Xcent are now open at all Hyundai dealerships for a token amount of Rs 11,000/-. (link)

Quote:
We believe the new 1.2-litre diesel motor that has been added in the Hyundai Grand i10 facelift will make its way into the Xcent sedan as well.
However, the sedan is expected to make more power than the 75PS/190Nm that the hatchback makes. This motor is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard.
The petrol variants of the Hyundai Xcent facelift will be powered by 83PS 1.2-litre motor. Both the motors are Euro-IV compliant.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 19:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Bookings for the 2017 Hyundai Xcent are now open at all Hyundai dealerships for a token amount of Rs 11,000/-. (link)
Any clues on variant wise feature distribution?
Old 11th April 2017, 21:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2017 Hyundai Xcent facelift launch on April 20, 2017.
Despite how hard OEMs try to conceal, still the images come out.

All I can say, the car is a complete departure from the current generation with a hue of Hyundai 2.0 design language and class leading features.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 23:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

Exclusive to Team-BHP - Here are the first ever undisguised pictures of the 2017 Hyundai XCent facelift, due to be launched on 20th April.

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-xc1w.jpg

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-xc2w.jpg

Big thanks to my birdies for these.
RavenAvi is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 00:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its a pretty decent facelift IMHO. The grill can now compete with the next gen Dzire's grill !
Old 14th April 2017, 00:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Its a pretty decent facelift IMHO. The grill can now compete with the next gen Dzire's grill !
That and 2017 Verna and Brazil bound Creta. Looks like the grill design is a signature for Fluidic 2.0.
Old 14th April 2017, 01:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Yikes, the front end has lost quite a bit of character, either that or maybe we need a couple of weeks to get used to the new looks. The rear may be an improvement but the front is simply not as sleek or sorted as the previous generation.

Perhaps they needed to differentiate the looks of Xcent from the Grand i10 completely, if that is the case then it worked. I consider a car good looking if I like it the first second I see it, and I didn't feel that by a long shot with this one.

I anticipate that this one too, will only have limited sales, maybe in the 4-5k mark.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 07:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exclusive to Team-BHP - Here are the first ever undisguised pictures of the 2017 Hyundai XCent facelift, due to be launched on 20th April.
The rear looks a lot more mature and coherent than before. The front dominated by the yawning 'bulgarian beard' grill looks 'different': may be an 'overkill' in a small hatch.
Old 14th April 2017, 07:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Actually, I think this makes the next gen Dzire's grill to look much much better. Hyundai have really messed up with this one. All those who own the current Xcent must be very happy that they don't get to have this grill in their car. The rear does look good though. Hyundai should have restricted themselves to the "rear"lift rather than attempting to perform a plastic surgery on the front.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 10:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Guess this grill shape is the new fludic 2.0 design.
Both the upcoming Verna and the newly released Elantra has the same grill shape.
But in case of Xcent it would have been better if they had avoided the chrome strip around the border and only had chrome on the slats. Looks too gaudy on a small car.

Upcoming Verna

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-1.jpg

Elantra

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-2016hyundaielantra05.jpg
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 12:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh! I had to read the report twice to confirm I was not looking at a Creta facelift / some MPV offering from Hyundai! How did they manage to make a sedan look this weird?
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 12:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Actually, I think this makes the next gen Dzire's grill to look much much better. Hyundai have really messed up with this one. All those who own the current Xcent must be very happy that they don't get to have this grill in their car. The rear does look good though. Hyundai should have restricted themselves to the "rear"lift rather than attempting to perform a plastic surgery on the front.
It's just a matter of personal preference.
I feel the other way though.And I am sure many fellow-bhpians would feel the same too.
To me this facelifted front end of the Xcent is not as hideously overdone and gross as the new Dzire's front.
I feel MSIL has messed it up way too much than Hyundai.

And I see no reason for existing Xcent owners to be happy too.
I feel both the front and rear-ends have improved & evolved compared to the current version.
And considering how bland and tasteless the current Xcent's rear-end is, I feel most of the current owners would instead feel sad after seeing the relatively better rear-end of this face-lift.
Again as I said, it's just personal preference & opinion, and there may be others who would feel the exact opposite, as is your case.

Afterall, now matter how beautiful or ugly, every product should find some potential customers in the end. So that's the way it should be.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 12:16   #28
BHPian

To me, it looks both MSIL and Hyundai have overdone their front end in Dzire & Xcent, and made the back end more mature looking.

The Xcent bumpers look like the aftermarket kits available in older NFS Underground games. :P
sharktale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 13:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Thanks RavenAvi for your interesting scoops, as always.

I find that the designs at the front and the back are not co-ordinated. The front grill seems to be overdone, while the rear is "as-straight-as-it-gets". I find the existing rear to be much better looking compared to this new one.

And I don't even want to start about the front grill.

Xcent was a decent looking car - "was" is the key word!
Old 14th April 2017, 14:07   #30
BHPian

Yikes! I always liked the Xcent's styling. While the rear was bland, it had a nice balance to the whole design. But they've completely messed up the front end with the facelift. In fact, it reminds me of the scary Verna Transform.

It would've been so much better if they just copied the Grand i10's face and made a few changes here and there. This one is way too overdone. Way to ruin a decent looking car, Hyundai!
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed