Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

A Motor Vikatan reader has captured the 2017 Hyundai XCent facelift during a testing round in Chennai for the very first time.

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-hyundaixcentspy2.jpg

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-hyundaixcentspy3.jpg

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-hyundaixcentspy4.jpg

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-hyundaixcentspy1.jpg

The biggest change which can be seen to the freshened-up XCent's exteriors is the elongated wraparound tail-lamp sections, which look considerably bigger in size than the ones on the present-gen car.

The 2017 Hyundai XCent facelift is expected to incorporate the all-new 3-cylinder, 1.2L diesel which will be offered in the Grand i10 facelift upon it's launch very shortly. The XCent might see minimal interior changes, although it's HU could be upgraded to support Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh

Based on the Spyshots above, here is my Rendering (Rear Part) of the Xcent Facelift.

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-hyundaixcentreviewrear1024x677.jpg

Ignore the Inconsistency

Rear Design of Xcent wasn't liked by many & Hyundai have realized it and hence you see a new Rear on a Facelift which is a kind of rare thing.
CarguyNish is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:46   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Based on the Spyshots above, here is my Rendering (Rear Part) of the Xcent Facelift.

Ignore the Inconsistency

Rear Design of Xcent wasn't liked by many & Hyundai have realized it and hence you see a new Rear on a Facelift which is a kind of rare thing.
I guess Hyundai needs to call this a Rearlift instead of Facelift.

But it does look better compared to the previous iteration. Off late though it is becoming difficult to differentiate cars based on the lights.
indian21r is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:52   #4
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Don't miss that shark-fin antenna. I'm still hoping that height-adjustable front neck restraints make it to the Xcent facelift, along with side & curtain airbags (in order to take on the Ford Aspire).

The horizontally elongated rear tail lamps are much needed! They would make the Xcent seem wider, reduce the cuboidal boxiness of the boot and also look different from the Grand i10's tail lamps.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:50   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Related Thread of its sibling.

Image Source
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 17:55   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I guess Hyundai needs to call this a Rearlift instead of Facelift.
I cant stop myself from laughing on this one.

I do like the rendering on this one. It looks much better in my opinion. Also the boot does look a little extended? May be it is just me. I know it cant be the case because of the sub 4 mts class but can this be another car altogether?

I do feel this car needs a bit of a facelift as this really does not look as smart as the remaining Hyundai cars. Sorry no offense to the owners.

Anyways thanks for sharing.
ramgkulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgkulkarni View Post
I cant stop myself from laughing on this one.

I do like the rendering on this one. It looks much better in my opinion. Also the boot does look a little extended? May be it is just me. I know it cant be the case because of the sub 4 mts class but can this be another car altogether?

I do feel this car needs a bit of a facelift as this really does not look as smart as the remaining Hyundai cars. Sorry no offense to the owners.

Anyways thanks for sharing.
Don't think the boot can be extended. It need not be extended actually, given the 4m resitrictions and the fact that the boot space is a healthy 407 Ltrs (segment best currently - only to be beaten by upcoming Kite Sedan).
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:48   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgkulkarni View Post
Also the boot does look a little extended?
Xcent always have a comparatively longer boot in the segment. Because it's based on the smaller Grand i10, as compared to the larger Swift / Figo / Bolt, Polo.

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-img_0979_800.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:34   #9
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has had some success in selling the Xcent to operators of Ola, Uber etc. Most yellow-board sales consist of the "taxi-special" variant, easily distinguishable by its silver-painted steel wheels covered by just hub-caps, but a few are of the regular Base or S variants as well.

Those who've taken an Xcent taxi will generally have a very favourable view of the car. It's got a spacious, comfortable & well-contoured (albeit a bit narrow) rear seat, the interiors are made of very good quality materials, the ride quality feels balanced (neither too hard nor too soft), the overall sound insulation is nice, the 3-pot 1120cc CRDi mill is fairly refined & barely audible from the rear seat, it has good driveability & performance for the city (despite its small size) etc. In fact, I've even spotted a few government departments' Xcents here - the babus must have liked the rear seat comfort & rear A/C vents, no doubt!

Hyundai can continue selling one or two taxi-special variants of the current Xcent with the 72 PS 1.1 CRDi (& 83 PS 1.2 Kappa petrol+CNG versions for some markets), even after the facelifted version with the new 1.2 CRDi is introduced for private buyers. The current car itself is very well-suited as a cab, and selling the facelift exclusively for private buyers would help in both differentiation as well as in offering the cab variants at an attractive price.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 20:03   #10
BHPian

I saw this car on Saturday while entering Chennai near Ponamallee.

Rear lights have been changed. A couple of pics from my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-201702081958401.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 5.38 lakh-201702081959391.jpg  

srinath34 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 13:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

I believe it shall get the similar suite of updates as the Grand i10.
Elongated tail lamps should look good.
Expecting Hyundai to offer ABS + Twin Airbags as default across variants (ABS + Driver airbags already is default in the current model). Also should not do the same mistake as Grand i10 and should offer the top variant with AT.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 13:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

A Car and Bike report claims that the Xcent facelift will be launched in India in April this year.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 13:47   #13
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quoting from the same Car & Bike article:

Quote:
But off late fleet sales have been robust making the car a pretty good seller month-on-month since last autumn. The most crucial differentiation point for the new car - given Hyundai is trying to once again attract individual buyers - will be over fleet sales.

Hyundai is considering keeping the current pre-facelift Xcent in the market - strictly for fleet or taxi segment sales. This would be akin to Maruti's strategy of launching the 2nd gen Dzire and rebadging the older one as the Dzire Tour.
That's a very sensible thing to do!

I hope Hyundai differentiate the pre-facelift "taxi-special" variants from the new facelifted variants by offering side & curtain airbags with (artificial) leather seats on the top variants (in order to compete against the Aspire) and height-adjustable front neck restraints across all facelifted variants.

Last edited by RSR : 24th February 2017 at 13:49.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

A test mule of the base variant of the 2017 XCent facelift was spotted by an IAB reader in Chennai.

The XCent test mule was accompanied by a Creta test car.

Quote:
The 2017 Hyundai Xcent should get a refreshed front fascia similar to that of the 2017 Hyundai Grand i10 with the facelift. New bumpers with integrated daytime running lights on the front one, wraparound tail lamps, new boot lid and new alloy wheels/wheel covers should round-up the exterior changes.
Besides possible revisions to the colour theme, the most important change arriving with the facelift is related to the multimedia system. A 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink for smartphone integration and voice recognition with a dedicated voice recognition button on the steering wheel would replace the current multimedia system. Lower-end trim levels may get a 5.0-inch colour touchscreen audio system.
The variant spied here is the Hyundai Xcent ‘Prime’ variant that will exclusively serve the taxicab market. The model is already a hit with services like Ola and Uber.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th March 2017 at 19:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 17:35   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Hyundai Xcent facelift launch on April 20, 2017.

Refreshed Xcent to get new rear styling with minor tweaks to its nose; pre-facelift ( unsold stocks?)car to sell as fleet-only.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed