Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 11:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!

Mahindra has launched a limited sportz edition of its marquee seller, XUV500. This is available only on the top of the line W10 variant and is priced at 16.5 lakhs for manual and 17.56 lakhs for automatic variant (prices are ex-showroom mumbai). The premium over the normal version to this edition is just around 1000 rs.

The changes include ,

Quote:
On the 2017 Mahindra XUV500, the Sportz Edition adds sporty new decals on the bonnet, orange inserts around the foglamps, 'Sportz' decals on the Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVMs) and doors. You also get new orange roof rails and door handles, darker grey alloy wheels with red brake calipers and a 'Sports' emblem on the C-pillar. The darker grey alloys and red caliper are specific to the Sportz Edition
This might be due to the positive reviews of its rival, Tata Hexa. Should wait and watch how this pans out in the next few months.

Source and more info from Auto NDTV
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:16   #2
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Mahindra has launched a limited sportz edition of its marquee seller, XUV500. This is available only on the top of the line W10 variant and is priced at 16.5 lakhs for manual and 17.56 lakhs for automatic variant (prices are ex-showroom mumbai). The premium over the normal version to this edition is just around 1000 rs.

The changes include ,

This might be due to the positive reviews of its rival, Tata Hexa. Should wait and watch how this pans out in the next few months.

Source and more info from Auto NDTV
Why are Mahindra going the Maruti way? Another "sports" edition with nothing sporty about it!!

XUV already has too many creases and features on the exterior. Its not a looker. Adding stickers will make it worse. What next adding rally race stripes ?

Last edited by freedom : 7th February 2017 at 12:20.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:49   #3
BHPian

For those interested, below are the pics.

All Sportz edition changes in one pic
Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!-sportz-1.png

Bonnet, Fog light enclosure and ORVM
Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!-sportz-2.png

Doors and Handle
Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!-sportz-3.png

Wheel and Caliper
Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!-sportz-4.png

Sportz Logo
Mahindra XUV500 - Sportz limited edition launched!-sportz-5.png

To me, this looks outright ugly and worse than the Maruti sticker jobs. Looks totally unprofessional - something like what a local roadside guy's work. If there is something good, it is JUST the calipers in red. Rest of it is pathetic - leave extra Rs. 1000, I would not take it even if it was sold at a discount.

Last edited by Vigkey : 7th February 2017 at 12:51.
Vigkey is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
To me, this looks outright ugly and worse than the Maruti sticker jobs. Looks totally unprofessional - something like what a local roadside guy's work. If there is something good, it is JUST the calipers in red. Rest of it is pathetic - leave extra Rs. 1000, I would not take it even if it was sold at a discount.
Mahindra XUV cannot get uglier than this. Do they employ special people to come with these designs and they call it sportz edition
A small kid with a good paint and brush will do more wonders than their so called designer team.

Last edited by GTO : 8th February 2017 at 12:36. Reason: Language
ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th February 2017, 13:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DC is making stickers as well now?

What the heck is that??? Its not even orange, its mud. Fresh mud. Makes you yearn for the "decency" of the Swift RS.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

I foresee a lot of rush to book even this ugly looking limited edition Car. My first thought when I saw this was, these orange (or whatever color that resembles RUST) are the areas where paint is pealed off from the body.

Our market is so influenced and obsessed with terminology such as Limited edition, Sports edition etc

Having said that, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! So, let us wait and watch !

Last edited by gkveda : 7th February 2017 at 13:59.
Old 7th February 2017, 14:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a joke. Mahindra has done something similar in the past as well and I am assuming it would have sold, hence they are repeating it. I have one car in my office as well. I hate sticker jobs, just plain ugly. This is hardly a good strategy to counter Hexa is that what triggered it. In the past before facelift, Mahindra did an Xclusive edition with sunroof, voice commands and different color alloys. Maybe they should consider something similar with actual feature difference than just stickers.

Last edited by supertinu : 7th February 2017 at 14:06.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 15:09   #8
BHPian

I do understand some feature edition or some cosmetic changes which are difficult to replicate in the after sales market but simple stickers on the car cannot qualify it as a sports edition. This is just fooling of ignorant consumers. On another note I am really worried whether these stickers would be available at the mahindra workshops just incase these cars meet with any kind of accident damaging the stickers. I remember a customer blasting at the RM because he informed the sports edition stickers do not come now and unfortunately the customers sports edition XUVs boot had been replaced without the stickers
sumitdongerkery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 16:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

A Sporty SUV? And Rs.1000 extra??. Someone at Mahindra have left over wraps of various colors which they did not want to waste. Atrocious!!
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 17:41   #10
BHPian

From the price, I guess that they are FWD. And they call in Sportz, funny.
Even that off-white (cream or whatever) color itself is ugly.
Old 7th February 2017, 22:00   #11

Shame!. Looks like a half hearted and confused effort by the styling team/marketing to meet year end launch targets. I do not understand the need for this version at the moment in the market with such poor execution.

I am glad atleast they got the caption right " ....Only A Few Will Ride and An SUV only a few will own". Because no one will buy it!
X202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 23:03   #12
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I have always admired Mahindra for their quick thinking and sensible reactions to various situations. Be it reducing the ground clearance to get into lower excise bracket; or bringing out the 1.99 litre engines to counter the ban on 2 litre engines in NCR.

But... THIS

What was Mahindra thinking? It is even miserable than a half-hearted job. They should withdraw such thoughtless"iterations" and get serious.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 23:30   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol! What happened Mahindra? Hexa making you sweat?

Going by the name, this is a sportz sports utility vehicle . Whatever is that supposed to mean. Seriously guys, please spare us the ugly sticker jobs!
Old 8th February 2017, 07:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this is a ploy to make the regular XUV look more elegant!

Do we know how many units have been planned? I guess each dealer should get one at least.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 07:26   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
? I guess each dealer should get one at least.
Yeah. And selling it would be the qualifier for next year's sales meet planned in Aruba!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks