Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 23:06   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India

FCA India will soon introduce it's service wing, popularly known as MOPAR, in India. This was confirmed on the sidelines of the Camp Jeep event held in Mumbai by Kevin Flynn, MD and CEO of FCA India.

The launch of the MOPAR service could coincide with the launch of the India-spec Jeep Compass, which is scheduled for later this year.

Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-moparindialaunch.jpg

Quote:
Mopar is likely to be established as the official service wing for FCA India, with full-fledged service facilities set up pan India. Since Mopar already manages after- sales for the brands in over 150 markets, we reckon it would be a the formula that makes even more sense in India.

As of now, Jeep does not have a dedicated service facility, save for a handful of dealerships across the country. The problem seems compounded when you throw Fiat India into the equation. The feeble after-sales network hasn't earned the best reputation, and FCA would be keen on changing that as they are betting big on the Jeep Compass which is expected to slot in above the Hyundai Creta.
Zigwheels
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 00:31   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India

The MOPAR range of Off Road Kit and Accessories would be a lovely addition in India. Mostly however, MOPAR caters wonderfully to the idiosyncrasies of the Wrangler owner. Because the Wrangler ownership brings with it, this indefinable urge to constantly fiddle with the Jeep and personalise it to the extreme.
What a Jeep! What excellent Accessories too, MOPAR has!
There is so much of this available out in the Middle East because it is truly affordable even for common people.
In India, I wonder what they will be priced at. Quite Inter-Galactic pricing I am sure!
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 12:28   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India

I'm never able to understand Fiat's reasoning. With the tiny volumes they have, why can't they handle customers / after-sales themselves? What's the point of bringing in yet another division of FCA?

Plus, from the customer's point of view, it's so confusing. I'm an informed car enthusiast, and still had to google what exactly MOPAR is.

Fiat does so many things (cars, performance division, manufacture engines for others, factory JV with Tata, the erstwhile sales network collaboration with Tata, cafes etc.) that I get the impression they're doing a lot of work...with nothing to show for it.

MOPAR will be yet another distraction. Fiat-Chrysler should just handle after-sales the conventional way.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 12:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Does this mean that their crate engines would be available?
Who wants their cars, their engines are the only thing worth buying!

hemi all the cars!!!
greenhorn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 13:39   #5
BHPian

MOPAR has been the Total Service, Parts & Customer Care Provider for Chrysler & now FIAT Chrysler Automobiles across the globe.

The name is derived from a combination of words - Motor Parts. They are the OEM Parts suppliers for all Chrysler brands now including FIAT.

I guess it is easy & convenient for them to manage one Service & Parts Centre instead of having one for each brand, if you look at the number of brands that they have under their umbrella, i.e. Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, RAM etc. and now all FIAT brands. Even in the UAE, if we visit a Jeep Service Centre, it’s all MOPAR – the name plate, display, hoardings, invoice, parts etc. But, they service all Chrysler brands as they are the only Authorized Service Centres.

https://www.mopar.com/en-us.html
cbatrody is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 14:25   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The way i see it, their customer base is going to be small thanks to ridiculous pricing. Thus, they want to milk these customers in every way possible. MOPAR has some really good quality upgrades but at what cost compared to the US is to be seen.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 20:13   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

MOPAR stuff in Dubai is also quite acceptably priced. Though it is more expensive than the US.
Here's a MOPAR accessorised Jeep at the Jeep Showroom in Dubai.Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486651335.125225.jpg
Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486651349.921039.jpg
Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486651364.160089.jpg
Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486651374.526325.jpg
Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486651390.590995.jpg
Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486651402.556063.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 22:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

"It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar" Quote from the movie Vanishing point. I guess its related to any vehicle built by Chrysler.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 10:08   #9
BHPian

Got an email from FASS related to Mopar Care Program - Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP).

Quote:
Dear Fiat Customers,

We are pleased to announce a new product under Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP) - “Mopar Care 24 X 7 – A Retail RSA Program” designed for Fiat / Abarth customers. This Program is backed by our Road Side Assistance (RSA) service provider Europ Assistance (EA).
This program will be beneficial Fiat Customers -
Advantage to Customers -
1) This program consists of two products:
a) 1 Year Coverage.
b) 2 Years Coverage.
2) Extended peace of mind in an unfortunate event of Breakdown / Accident.
3) RSA Coverage at a nominal price.
4) Structured call handling by 24x 7 Call Center
5) Towing to FCA Authorized Workshop.
6) Customer can buy Retail RSA up to 7 years from date of vehicle sale.
Rumour: Fiat-Chrysler to introduce MOPAR service wing in India-unnamed.png
Moto_Hill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 16:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Got an email from FASS related to Mopar Care Program - Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP).
That's a good move but any idea on what's the cost for this service and can a Palio owner also avail this?
Old 12th April 2017, 17:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
That's a good move but any idea on what's the cost for this service and can a Palio owner also avail this?
No idea of charges, you can check with the nearest FASC. See the below quote, I don't think the service is available for Palio.

Quote:
6) Customer can buy Retail RSA up to 7 years from date of vehicle sale.
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 23:57   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The MOPAR brand will be initially introduced in 10 Indian cities, according to Kevin Flynn, President & MD, Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles India.

In a conversation with Nikkei Asia, Flynn added that all existing Fiat sales and service centers in India are also in the process of getting revamped.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 17:30   #13
BHPian

Already available in Hyderabad in the form of Mopar Roadside Assistance.
Old 21st November 2022, 17:29   #14
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread:

I was looking to renew RSA for my Linea from MOPAR which will expire this week. Accordingly, I checked with dealership and was told that RSA is now only provided to vehicles under 5 years of age.

Also, under some conditions they can still punch in details in their system for vehicle whose age is less than 8 years and get it approved. For vehicles more than 8 years old, no RSA can be sold.
I will have to check with my insurance provider for the same.

How’s it for other manufacturers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks