Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:34   #256

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Can we receive echallan SMS with DND (Do Not Disturb) mode on?
Old 4th February 2019, 16:13   #257
Lij
BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Mumbai traffic police has launched a new app, trial version for now only on android, to report traffic offences and also to check if there are any pending echallans issued to users.

News link.
Lij is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 16:41   #258
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Traffic Police to recover the fines, intends to send court summons to the offenders, through post, after getting their details from regional RTO's !

https://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...-crore-2719788

Quote:
The ambitious e-challan system introduced by Mumbai Traffic Police (MTP) amid much fanfare in December 2016 has cost it Rs 141.93 crore in fines. MTP is owed the mammoth amount by traffic offenders who broke rules between 2017 and November 2018.
"Since the CCTVs are linked with the e-challan system, there is an increase in the number of cases registered, but since there is no manual collection of fine, recovery has lagged behind," said one police officer.
Amitesh Kumar, Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic), said, "Manual collection of fine would result in police-public conflict, allegations of corruption and lack of manpower to regulate traffic as officers had to be put on duty to enforce fine collection. The e-challan system was introduced to overcome all these issues."
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:32   #259
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Traffic police personnel have begun visiting the houses of motorists who have been challaned 50 times or more to get them to clear pending fines.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68210297.cms

Quote:
TOI found out about three motorists who recently paid fines ranging between Rs 65,000 and Rs 83,000 for over 50 challans issued against each of their cars. One with a Range Rover had as many as 86 challans, mostly for speeding on the Bandra-Worli sea link, and paid Rs 83,600. The owners of a Volvo and Toyota vehicles paid Rs 69,400 for 75 challans, and Rs 65,200 for 66 challans.
PPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 07:51   #260
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, well, well, the e-challan system in Ahmedabad actually led to a couple getting hitched! Cute story:

Quote:
The college going youth was on his bike, with his love interest riding pillion when he crossed the stop line at a traffic signal — luckily, as it later turned out, for him, his image violating the traffic rule was captured by a traffic camera and an e-challan was issued and despatched to his home. It was there that his parents came to know about his romantic escapades as the image of his girlfriend was also captured on the e-challan. The youth, who had been scared to tell his parents about his girlfriend, finally revealed all, following which his parents contacted the girl's parents to hitch the two together.
Full Article
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:44   #261
BHPian

I have been trying to link my Mobile number to my Vehicle on: https://images.mahatrafficechallan.g...inHandler.htm? , however no OTP comes in?
Can someone try and check if it works or is my DND status a hindrance?
Checking of fine and other details work perfectly at mahatrafficechallan.gov.in

Last edited by riteshritesh : 3rd July 2019 at 16:46.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 16:56   #262
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

My friend randomly got an SMS about pending fines and asked me if it was legit.

It was legit, despite the .gov.in url redirecting to a .in one.

However, he was wondering how his mobile number suddenly got linked to the car?

I said they might have got it from some insurance database, and sure enough he said he had just renewed his insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Also note that they can pick the mobile numbers to send fines from the insurance copy too if you have given your mobile number while renewing your vehicle insurance / PUC.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 18:39   #263
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I have been trying to link my Mobile number to my Vehicle on: https://images.mahatrafficechallan.g...inHandler.htm? , however no OTP comes in?
Can someone try and check if it works or is my DND status a hindrance?
Checking of fine and other details work perfectly at mahatrafficechallan.gov.in
Yes Ritesh you are correct. No OTP comes via above links on mobile.

However its much easier from the MTP app, download the app and register the mobile number there. It asks for the mobile number as soon as you start the app first time and the OTP comes immediately.

Last edited by The Great : 25th July 2019 at 18:41.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 00:07   #264
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded the MTP app and found 2 traffic violations.
One in 2017 and one in 2018.

The 2017 one was paid by my daughter and she remembers the incident. There was also a rather poor quality picture of my car.

However, for the second incident in August last year, it just says "Parking Violation". No picture or evidence is shown. How do I know this is a genuine challan for a "Parking Violation" and not just a false entry?

It would be a nice way of making money!!

Regards,
SS
Old 15th August 2019, 09:00   #265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
However, he was wondering how his mobile number suddenly got linked to the car?
When we apply for registration, RTO asks for a Mobile number. At least this is the care here in North and prevailing since past few years. The same number continues in their data base.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 19:03   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded the MTP app and found 2 traffic violations.
One in 2017 and one in 2018.

The 2017 one was paid by my daughter and she remembers the incident. There was also a rather poor quality picture of my car.

However, for the second incident in August last year, it just says "Parking Violation". No picture or evidence is shown. How do I know this is a genuine challan for a "Parking Violation" and not just a false entry?

It would be a nice way of making money!!

Regards,
SS
Hi Guys,

With citizens now being threatened with legal action in case of unpaid dues, can anyone please advise on how to check if an e-challan is genuine or not.

I would not put it past our upright "Law enforcement" officers to issue an e-challan just to make up their quota for the day/week/month.

Regards,
SS
Old 22nd November 2019, 19:59   #267
Senior - BHPian

Pretty sure this will be implemented PAN India soon. A hasty move without looking into the ground reality.

Anyway, all those who are from Delhi can check out their Challan status here by putting in their vehicle number:

E-Challan
Old 10th December 2019, 16:12   #268
BHPian

I am the latest victim of wrong e challan issued to me on 7th of December. I got a message on mobile that I have been issued a challan for parking my bike in No parking zone at Bhuleshwar in south Mumbai. I was in my office at Worli when I received this message. My bike was parked in our office premises. While checking the challan, I observed that images attached with challan is not of my bike. I have Yamaha FZS bike while the images attached are of Suzuki Access scooty with my registration number. I received wrong echallan of Rs.200/- of that scooty for parking in No parking area at location of Null Bazar, Bhuleshwar. That scooty wrongly possessing my bike’s registration number. After carefully checking the image, I found that the number after MH0 is missing and rest of the number is same as of my bike number. I am not bothered about the Rs.200/- fine but I am more concerned about someone else is using my registration number for his scooty and I am falsely fined. Also it is a great threat for security point of view as this scooty might be used for any wrong doing.

I called the Traffic police helpline number 8454999999. They informed me to raise my complaint to their e-mail id multimediacell.traffic@mahapolice.gov.in. I have written the mail with complete details and photographs and cc to Joint CP of Traffic department. But till date no response received. Is there any other way to get my complaint addressed and that person caught?

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-my-bike-yamaha-fzs.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mumcm19008052228_1.jpg

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mumcm19008052228_2.jpg
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 19:45   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
They informed me to raise my complaint to their e-mail id multimediacell.traffic@mahapolice.gov.in. I have written the mail with complete details and photographs and cc to Joint CP of Traffic department. But till date no response received. Is there any other way to get my complaint addressed and that person caught?
This is the correct process. In sometime, you will see that this fine is removed against your bike. Takes time but will happen for sure.

Also do CC your mail to following -
mtpcallinfo@gmail.com,
cp.mumbai.jtcp.traf@mahapolice.gov.in

Last edited by blackwasp : 10th December 2019 at 19:48.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:50   #270
BHPian

Update

Just received an email from traffic department. They informed that challan cancellation process is going on and do not pay the fine. Big relief for me as my concern is attended by the authority. Now have to wait for message that challan issued to me is revoked. It took 4 days to authority to resolve my problem and am happy that authorities are taking cognizance of your concerns.
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks