Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2018, 21:51   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If the white fortuner is your car - you are half on the zebra crossing, which is definitely in the wrong.

Check the close up of the car to see the number plate - if it's your car. Maybe the driver took it out for some errands.
There is no close up pic. I just can't recollect the events of that particular day. I'll pay the fine now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
The White Line (Stop Line, generally there are double white lines) is before the Zebra crossing and not after. You have already crossed the White Line and are onto Pedestrian Zebra crossing, i.e. if that is your Fortuner, you are referring to. You can get penalised if caught crossing White Line even by small margin. I had to shell out fine for a very small margin.

Yes it's my Fortuner. I guess I'll pay the fine and move on.
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:15   #152
BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Just a shout out stating that the Cameras on the Eastern Freeway are in action. Got fined Rs 1000 for speeding while going to office. The speed limit of 60 kmph is ridiculous,( WEH has 80 at most places now), but till then I have informed the driver to maintain it.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:52   #153
BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

I am not from Mumbai, but this is something I have noticed happens often - do you have sufficient boards placed along the stretch which inform the driver clearly about the speed limits? I am not talking about just placing 1 - 2 boards just for the sake of it.

I have noticed similar practices with no parking zones, which is honestly a pain in this country. Most of us wouldn't want to knowingly commit an offense. As long as there is no real intent to curb these offenses (which should be backed by actions - the commuters/drivers should be visually communicated very well about the restrictions), as long as it is just another fine collection drive to meet their monthly targets, I think these activities will not do much in terms of ensuring better driving practices.
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:57   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Just a shout out stating that the Cameras on the Eastern Freeway are in action. Got fined Rs 1000 for speeding while going to office. The speed limit of 60 kmph is ridiculous,( WEH has 80 at most places now), but till then I have informed the driver to maintain it.
Which camera was this?

I doubt the two on the straight near Sewri are working judging by the number of people zipping past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
I have noticed similar practices with no parking zones, which is honestly a pain in this country. Most of us wouldn't want to knowingly commit an offense. As long as there is no real intent to curb these offenses (which should be backed by actions - the commuters/drivers should be visually communicated very well about the restrictions), as long as it is just another fine collection drive to meet their monthly targets, I think these activities will not do much in terms of ensuring better driving practices.
Most of us won't which is why you see reports of us either speeding (we know the speed limit, it's specified clearly on roads where the cameras are located), or crossing a white line (which happens when the signal changes mid-way).
By and large, in Mumbai we have proper signages - the only place where the signage is missing is on Marine Drive, but rest is very clear, including signs for cameras that will report you for crossing the white line.
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:24   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Which camera was this?

I doubt the two on the straight near Sewri are working judging by the number of people zipping past!
I was under the same impression, till I got the dreaded sms. I get in at Wadala and exit at RK studio exit, so the 2 sets of cameras in that stretch seem to be working. The photos still haven't been uploaded to guess where the overspeeding was recorded.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 15:05   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Speed Cameras on Marine Drive are also up and running - right in the middle of the straight road near the gymkhanas / aquariums.

Speed limit is 60kmph (the speed limit sign is on the side of the road and not easily visible). With the road having been recently re-layered, I expect many people to get a ticket on this one.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 15:50   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend got a message about over speeding in his etios on the freeway.

He wrote an email to them stating that he never overspeeds and that they should review the footage.

Within 10 days he got a mail stating that he was correct and the car that was to be captured had suddenly changed lanes and thus his car was captured on the camera and the fine was being reversed and the offending car being challaned.

So that's a good sign and that they are being proactive.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 17:54   #158
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speed Cameras on Marine Drive are also up and running .
That speed limit sign is under a tree & quite difficult to spot as rightly pointed out by you. Also apart from Marine Drive, have also seen a few challans for the cameras installed between Santacruz Flyover & Kherwadi Flyover, not very sure about the ones on Bandra Reclamation.
Randomly came across this below challan of a Lambo for over speeding!

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mtpchc1800102301_01.jpg
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 17:14   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Randomly came across this below challan of a Lambo for over speeding!
Poor guy!

Owns a Lamborghini and gets fined for doing just 83 km/h on a Sunday morning at 8 AM.

Like I said at the start of the thread, we need to have sensible rules, (as well as infrastructure that makes following them easy).

I guess we'll be doing things backwards, starting with enforcing inconvenient rules and then revising them (or more likely, stopping to enforce them).
Old 6th April 2018, 12:12   #160
BHPian

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-imageuploadedbyteambhp1522996927.098589.jpg
Got this today but doesnt have any evidence.
Any idea how to pay ?
Old 6th April 2018, 12:16   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Any idea how to pay ?
Wait for 24hours for a photo to be uploaded, Then probably pay it off in less than a month by your debit/Credit card or netbanking.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 14:40   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1749160
Any idea how to pay ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Wait for 24hours for a photo to be uploaded, Then probably pay it off in less than a month by your debit/Credit card or netbanking.
I never had the evidence uploaded for my speeding on Eastern Freeway challan. Waited for a couple of months and when I was in a good mood, paid it off .

edit: BTW, which location in Mumbai was this recorded?

Last edited by riteshritesh : 6th April 2018 at 14:43.
Old 6th April 2018, 14:43   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never had the evidence uploaded for my speeding on Eastern Freeway challan. Waited for a couple of months and when I was in a good mood, paid it off .
You shouldn't have paid! Simply shoot a mail to them asking for either uploading the evidence or cancelling the challan, Apparently they do respond quickly & looking at the number of people getting fined mistakenly they also do cancel the challan without a fuss.
Old 6th April 2018, 17:42   #164
BHPian

Quote:

edit: BTW, which location in Mumbai was this recorded?

I was on my way to work on my Duke 390. I stay at Bandra and work at Andheri. So this i guess must be caught by the cameras near Valola flyover.
But the thing is, i leave for work at around 6:30am.
They want me to maintain a speed of 80 on an empty WEH on a duke 390 early in the morning??
Old 6th April 2018, 20:19   #165
BHPian

Quote:
I was on my way to work on my Duke 390. I stay at Bandra and work at Andheri. So this i guess must be caught by the cameras near Valola flyover.
But the thing is, i leave for work at around 6:30am.
They want me to maintain a speed of 80 on an empty WEH on a duke 390 early in the morning??
I notice a sense of entitlement to "be allowed to overspeed just bcoz there's no traffic or one has a fancy vehicle".

That sense needs to go! Period!

We need to realise that we are extended the privilege of driving by the RTO under the agreement that we'll always follow rules. It's not a birthright we have!

Until we absorb that as a culture, we'll always drive like idiots. A rule is a rule. If the rule needs correction (Eg. perhaps relax speed limit to 90 before 7 am on Sundays?), follow the due process to get it corrected. But don't violate the rule just bcoz of a false sense of entitlement.

This is one of the things that makes us 3rd worldish.
vharihar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed